What is the best airlines to fly with?

Queen.

I'll be traveling sometime soon and this will be my first time flying on an airplane. What is the best airline to fly with? 

Edit: I'm actually flying to Dallas, coming from Florida for a trip. The only thing I'm mainly worried about are bags and bag fees. 

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Queen.

• Jotham

• The7thStranger

• Into The Void

They all suck, to be honest. Where are you flying to?

It depends on several things. Will it be a domestic flight or international? Where are you leaving from and where are you headed to? 

Edited by Mr. Mendes

Honesty people **** on Spirit & Allegiant but unless you’re going first class, Delta, American, United aren’t any better. Save your $$ and fly spirit, bb 

Edited by PieceByPiece_KC

2 minutes ago, The7thStranger said:

They all suck, to be honest. Where are you flying to?

I'm actually flying to Dallas, coming from Florida for a trip. The only thing I'm mainly worried about are bags and bag fees. I've heard if you go with a cheaper airline they will nickel and dime you for baggage. I would rather get something that doesn't do that. I'm planning on having two bags for clothes and extra things 

1 minute ago, Mr. Mendes said:

It depends on several things. Will it be a domestic flight or international? Where are you leaving from and where are you headed to? 

Domestic. From Florida to Texas

Always fly first class. The others are awful. 

3 minutes ago, Queen. said:

Domestic. From Florida to Texas

For short distance flights on a budget I’d say Southwest would be the best. If you can spend a little more, JetBlue and Delta are great. 

Avoid Spirit, Frontier, and Allegiant. They have horrible customer service, some of the oldest and smallest commercial planes in the air, and have a very spotty safety history. 

Whatever you do just avoid Frontier and Spirit.

since you’re going from Florida to Dallas, aim for Delta or American Airlines tbh.

Jet Blue would be fine as well. You’ll be paying like $30-50 more, but you won’t have to worry about as many fees for baggage, If none at all. Also you get Wifi :heart2:

My favorite is Alaska Airlines. If it's not available I use Southwest Airlines.

• ATRL Moderator

American Airlines and Delta are both awful, having flown with them from DFW in the past.  I'd avoid them.

Honestly, my best flying experience recently was with Spirit.  Since it's more affordable, it's easier to afford all the extras than it is with other flights.  I had some flight attendant that apparently was famous at one point because guests kept taking photos with her but I didn't know her :rip: 

Delta is the best :chick2:. Spirit will have you seeing spirits.

DELTA = Don't Ever Leave the Airport / Don't Expect Luggage to Arrive

Lufthansa = Latehansa

United = Untied

American Airlines = American Assholes

British Airways = British Assholes

JetBlue = JetScrew

For a short flight, I think you'll be fine. I've heard decent things about JetBlue.

They all suck especially American and united and sprit 

the ones who suck the least are the expensive ones like delta and Alaska 

JetBlue or Miss Delta

56 minutes ago, BGKC said:

In my experience Norwegian was the best. 

Omg girl in NO world is Norwegian the best :rip:

Unless you are flying business class, they are all the same.  Pick the one that is direct and/or cheapest.  

Make sure to be aware of baggage policies.  Southwest allows you to check a bag for free but they tend to be slightly more expensive than American (who has a major hub in Dallas).  I find Spirit and frontier to have the least comfortable seats, but this is a marginal consideration. 

2 hours ago, americanshameless said:

:rip: 

1. Qatar

2. Emirates 

:cm:

Southwest if it’s cheap enough. But otherwise I fly spirit bc it’s usually the cheapest to some of the destinations I’m flying to

they’re all kinda shitty

ive flown first class on delta and american and it was no better than economy

American Airlines is the absolute WORST. Always late, rude staff, etc. They forgot to fill our plane with gas once and had to make an emergency landing to fuel up (like who TF forgets to fill the tank?!). 

I've had great experiences with Southwest and Delta. Spirit was ok too if you don't mind lack of amenities. 

I didnt mind Alaska or Hawaiian I mostly used these so far. I think American was alright when I flew from Cali to arkansas. Jetblue is decent.

Delta and United have been the best for me. Southwest has also been good. Their free two checked bags is a miracle. 

Spirit and Frontier suck on long or international flights. 

American is the worst, even on their home base city Dallas, they cancelled so many flights and had lines of people waiting for answers, they took staffing away from the floor and made all the people from who knows how many flights stand in a single line over 4 hours to get some answers. Their online app, chat box and phone service sucked too. I stayed overnight in Dallas because they couldn’t get their **** together. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.