Will gay ever be allowed in Middle East? And how?

Revolution

As you know, gay has made a lot of progress in acceptance in recent years.

World_laws_pertaining_to_homosexual_rela

LOH2Rl2.png

But gay is still illegal in Middle East & North Africa. Do you think this will ever change? And how can we help stop this?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Robert

• Aren

• Before Today

• Patient Zero

No 

no but if it does it genuinely won’t be for another 100 years minimum 

No. Their governing is loosely based on scripture that says gays are transgressors and wage war against God. It has and will likely never be allowed

No. And the gays rights are going away in US too.  Roe versus Wade is just the beginning :gaycatney5:

I heard from a lot of Filipino who worked there how homosexuality is an open secret there tho.. but masc only, no fems

HOW TRUE?

Edited by Cryptique

34 minutes ago, HauntinglyHollow said:

Not unless humanity is purged of the cancer called religion 

Here for it :clap3: 

Africa :dies:

It's still hilarious to me the way we've convinced ourselves that homosexuality is sinful and that it's an advent of Western perversion :rip:

For the first time I'm starting to take a look into pre-colonial perceptions of sexuality and gender and it's literally Queer AF. Islam and Christianity did nothing but justify the homophobia of colonizers and we're acting like homophobia and transphobia are innate in our cultures :dies:

23 minutes ago, Cryptique said:

I heard from a lot of Filipino who worked there how homosexuality is an open secret there tho.. but masc only, no fems

HOW TRUE?

It's true, if you're even slightly girly, expect men all over yourself :gaycat3: It's almost like everyone is bi down there

According to CNN, 52% of Muslims in Britain think homosexuality should be banned...the future for western europe looks kind of bleak...

3 minutes ago, Pop pop123 said:

Is Dubai Middle East? It feels like every gay onlyfans models/Instagram prostitutes have been there. How are they not in jail?

Dubai is like 90% expat :skull: The gov just closes their eyes while the money pours in.

The fact that the map will be updated as soon as SCOTUS do somethin.mp3 

Never because of Islam. Source: I grew up Muslim. I have every right to dislike Islam. Dislike is putting it mildly.

Not unless Islam stars losing its grip on society. It will eventually come though 

I personally think so, but not in the near future, not even in the far future tbh, but at some point, yes.

after an eternity yes

it took centuries in europe like…

isn't it allowed in Israel?

1 hour ago, Planet Mars said:

It's still hilarious to me the way we've convinced ourselves that homosexuality is sinful and that it's an advent of Western perversion :rip:

For the first time I'm starting to take a look into pre-colonial perceptions of sexuality and gender and it's literally Queer AF. Islam and Christianity did nothing but justify the homophobia of colonizers and we're acting like homophobia and transphobia are innate in our cultures :dies:

1 hour ago, Planet Mars said:

It's true that colonization and infiltration of these societies had a lot to do with it. The Islamic Golden Age had a way more tolerant attitude (far more tolerant than the Western World back then) towards homosexuality. 

Edited by Jjang

1 hour ago, Brando said:

Not unless Islam stars losing its grip on society. It will eventually come though 

Very unlikely to happen. Christianity lost its grip because european societies were allowed to evolve and progress naturally without external intervention in a non globalized world.

Nowadays you have the US, Russia, UK, China, EU doing all sorts of interventions and meddling in Africa and The Middle East which have the goal to keep the region as poor, uneducated and religion-dependent as possible. Organic progress is quite impossible.  

Edited by katara

Who knows.

17 minutes ago, Samsara said:

Although homosexuality is not legal, Saudi Arabia is a gay man’s paradise. I’m pretty sure a few other Gulf states are as well. https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2007/05/the-kingdom-in-the-closet/305774/

I lowkey wanna go to Saudi Arabia :rip: being gay sounds so forbidden… it’s kinda hot

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.