What caused ATRLs downfall?

Distantconstellation

Literally just got a WP about a harmless comment I made in a Britney thread. These mods are way too sensitive about their favs.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• khalyan

• Teen Spirit

• ProudLBS

• Apolonio ₃₄

503's have made me less inclined to look at this as much ngl. 

I've noticed this place becoming more and more bigoted over the years though. Recently the transphobia is ridiculous, constant threads full of users making dehumanising comments about trans people and spreading anti trans propaganda. I've tried to argue with it but people don't care, I've even PM'd a few users with legit sources explaining why what they said was wrong and hurtful but they just dismissed them. It's too much of s hassle to put literally all the transphobes on my ignore list so I usually just abandon threads if the topic comes up. 

Also I think the fact that pop culture has changed and a lot of users (including myself) are still primarily interested in artists who's careers peaked years ago doesn't help. The troll threads have even gotten stale, it's always just the same arguments from absolutely years ago. Maybe new users would help but I dunno it wouldn't really be the same place, younger people don't stan artists the way we do other than maybe Kpop stans. :eli:

9 hours ago, Gwendolyn said:

Of course not.. its a black forum :deadbanana2:

I thought we as one human race shouldn't be segregated anymore?

• ATRL Moderator
4 hours ago, Generation Braindead said:

Literally just got a WP about a harmless comment I made in a Britney thread. These mods are way too sensitive about their favs.

No you didn't, you got a reminder that came with 0 points.  

the civics section is not it and is doing a good job at turning this place into an overly negative political twitter-scape

• ATRL Moderator
2 hours ago, flower moon said:

the civics section is not it and is doing a good job at turning this place into an overly negative political twitter-scape

If you don’t like the Civics section you don’t have to go there. Before the Civics section was made, all those topics were just in the Lounge.  :toofunny2: 

3 minutes ago, Bloo said:

If you don’t like the Civics section you don’t have to go there. Before the Civics section was made, all those topics were just in the Lounge.  :toofunny2: 

i know and i dont go there very much. just saying even if we only had the lounge it would be better to limit that kind of content :michael:
if people want to discuss some of the things discussed in civics why do it on a pop music/culture forum?
but i mean, i dont really expect it all to be removed anyway :gaycat:

• ATRL Moderator
44 minutes ago, flower moon said:

i know and i dont go there very much. just saying even if we only had the lounge it would be better to limit that kind of content :michael:
if people want to discuss some of the things discussed in civics why do it on a pop music/culture forum?
but i mean, i dont really expect it all to be removed anyway :gaycat:

Not to be rude, but it’s very obvious you’re new. That content was everywhere in Lounge and it dominated that entire section. People were begging for a new section at the time. So we made Civics. :gaycat6:

47 minutes ago, Bloo said:

Not to be rude, but it’s very obvious you’re new. That content was everywhere in Lounge and it dominated that entire section. People were begging for a new section at the time. So we made Civics. :gaycat6:

True okay, but like, lets induce demand for pop culture content and not polarising/negative political content :gaycat4:

On 7/4/2022 at 5:38 AM, OnlyManInTheWorld said:

Mods being Beyonce stans. Always hated how they favored Hive members.

I once had a WP for commenting on Beyonce's lack of songwriting capability :rip: 

I've not been here for very long but it's basically only useful for inside info, can't remember the last time I saw a genuinely interesting or insightful opinion/discussion or even when people are just hating for personal entertainment at least make it funny? Can't even enter a thread without finding a cringe trolling attempt

Still nowhere near as bad as P*pj*stice anyway

On 7/5/2022 at 9:15 AM, RunUpDoneUp said:

Lipstickalley is a hop away from being 4chan. Anyone looking to Lipstickalley for activity is looking to create a hatehub of reactionary nut jobs.

Reddit I couldn't say, I'm not white so never got it's appeal tbh.

As a black Reddit user you need to know where to go, I don't touch the default subs and curate what I see and I have a (somewhat) good time

OT: We'll be here all day

The music discussions are only about the biggest artists and ignoring so much amazing music that's not extremely mainstream 

Also, I have a rank collaborator and I can't make threads. 

On 7/7/2022 at 7:40 PM, Gyal said:

back in the day i would be in tears reading some of the posts on here (i.e. that girl getting pushed off a cliff + nicki minaj sits at her dresser), but nowadays it isn't even possible to make a lighthearted joke without some weird mod getting butthurt over a throwaway comment. 

the old layout was faaaaar superior

+ the threads are incredibly boring, it's like no one gives af about finding and listening to new artists instead were sat here discussing the same 5 girls 

The old Brandy threads back in the day used to have me in legit tears... like LOL'ing to the point of crying. I don't think I'd do that today tho tbh because I feel for Brandy and her situation even tho she seems to be doing better. I think in general internet culture has changed, some of it for the better, some of it is annoying because I do think sometimes people are too sensitive and want to police everything people say but back in the day there were no boundaries on the internet and I think it's diff now.

• ATRL Moderator
1 hour ago, Fancyhoodlum said:

The music discussions are only about the biggest artists and ignoring so much amazing music that's not extremely mainstream 

What would be the best way to combat this?  I would love for the music section to include non mainstream music, and even some mainstream hits get no discussions.  I made a thread for the current #1 song in the UK and it got no response :rip: 

Shitty server, dumb mods, too sensitive.

And maybe Lady Gaga too.

I'll probably get banned for saying that. :toofunny3:

Edited by ToMmY

7 hours ago, khalyan said:

What would be the best way to combat this?  I would love for the music section to include non mainstream music, and even some mainstream hits get no discussions.  I made a thread for the current #1 song in the UK and it got no response :rip: 

New members, people interested in music than just interested in the celebrity behind it

The beyhive mods.

I think i got a WP for insinuating Beyonce isn’t god :rip: 

the only time i ever got a WP was when i posted in a really old thread ? like what the hell dude, there’s nothing wrong with me or any of us wanting to retroactively comment on something

Streaming and cancel culture. They killed pop culture.

Edited by charot

I got 2 WPs for making a harmless comment about Mariah beating everyone in a footrace because it meant a discount for her next single :rip:

But overall I'd say most of the time the mods are lenient with WPs except for odd situations that is not worth fighting about 

What? Me getting a ban over saying something about Britney that was 100% not harmful or nasty. I learned my lesson. Mods love certain artists that we are not allowed to criticize. To whoever that was: Have a nice life.

On 7/8/2022 at 8:44 PM, Generation Braindead said:

OMG THIS! Same happend to me... wtf 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.