How should Netflix distribute Stranger Things 5?

Godly

1 hour ago, Gorjesspazze9 said:

10 episodes, one per day. And save the last 2 episodes for a week after episode 8

This is a wonderful idea :jonny:

1 hour ago, fridayteenage said:

it wouldn't be the first big hit to do this. after season 6, i love lucy expanded to superlong episodes (a la stranger things) and would release like:

november ep, december ep, january ep, february ep, april ep. it would keep people talking for a long time.

but yeah, like above said, netflix is really into the binging model so it'll probably be 1-2 parts.

...And Netflix hates releasing in theatres. Even those Oscarbait movies they put in to qualify for US awards, they release as limited as possible and don't report the numbers.

Oh I never knew that. Then maybe it could work 

if they are going to repeat S4 strategy, i hope they release the last 2 episodes 1 per week.

7 hours ago, Gorgeous said:

The season should take place during the holiday season of 1989 and be released during the holiday season of 2023: 

- it would tie with the fall/winter aesthetics of the first two seasons 

- it would be the time jump that the Duffer brother have already confirmed 

- it would be the last year of high school for the kids 

- holiday season 2023 has both Christmas and New Years falling on 3-day weekends, just like with season 4 having dropped during Memorial Day weekend and 4th of July

- all ST seasons are centred around a specific holiday

- holiday season 1989 was the last month of the 80s and it would leave Stranger Things in the 80s just like the duffers intended 

- the entire season could drop on the Friday before Christmas Day and the final episode on New Years, with a world wide theatrical release. 

Apparently the time jump will only be 2 years. Based on a post I ready about a casting call, the Duffer Bros. team were looking for cars and other things from 1988. 

If they are doing 9 episodes I’d say 3 volumes and split them evenly with 3 episodes each 

Whole release together on Netflix and then the finale episode 3 weeks as a whole movie on theathers :celestial3:

On 7/3/2022 at 1:44 PM, Smarticle said:

surprise drop with a social media announcement and that's it

On 7/3/2022 at 7:45 PM, Touch Pass said:

All at once me thinks 

britney-i-hate-fucking-waiting.gif

Exactly 

Y'all really wanna pay extra and go to the movies :skull:

Weekly 

With a 30 sec trailer for each episode to be released 2 days after the previous episode has been released 

I was about to start watching it cause I thought s4 was the end but I’m not going to now and then have to wait years for the next part. **** that. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.