• Roberto

• Ampersand13

i used to hate them but now i'm wanting to see this movie :deadbanana4:

5 minutes ago, Assassin said:

teens are weird these days.

:deadbanana4:

I'm planning on seeing this movie i liked the others

2 hours ago, Gwendolyn said:

TikTok teens are a different breed :rip: I think it will make 400 million worldwide by the end of the weekend hopefully.

It's not opened in many markets overseas yet

https://deadline.com/2022/07/minions-the-rise-of-gru-opening-weekend-international-box-office-animation-records-1235055304/

Though 200 Million is more than inital projections is it's still a success.

RockStarShit101
51 minutes ago, Assassin said:

teens are weird these days.

what is happening? :rip:

3 hours ago, Stan.killah said:

Hopefully this sends Disney a clear message :lakitu:

I’ll never understand why gays aren’t supporting this film. You realize it’s a children’s film with LGBT representation, right?

This whole franchise is absolute trash but good for Dreamworks getting another probably 1B hit. 

1 hour ago, Eternium said:

I’ll never understand why gays aren’t supporting this film. You realize it’s a children’s film with LGBT representation, right?

There have been many occurrences where studios/creators cater in to the demand of including more minorities and LGBT representation just for the group of people making those demands end up not supporting the project at the end. I guess that's what started the "get woke, go broke" saying. :swan:

Been a fan, glad to see this 

23 minutes ago, Stan.killah said:

There have been many occurrences where studios/creators cater in to the demand of including more minorities and LGBT representation just for the group of people making those demands end up not supporting the project at the end. I guess that's what started the "get woke, go broke" saying. :swan:

So your argument is that films shouldn’t include LGBT characters because people won’t support them? It really seems like that’s what you’re trying to say :biblio: 

6 hours ago, Arcadius said:

It's crazy a Minions prequel doubled the box office of a Toy Story prequel. But kids love Minions so I'm really not shocked it keeps smashing. 

yeah. This adds more questions about what went wrong with Lightyear boxoffice. Maybe realeasing it right after Jurassic World and Top Gun wasn't the best idea. Those 3 movies fighting for screens and the bad marketing killed its potential.

1 hour ago, Roberto said:

This whole franchise is absolute trash but good for Dreamworks getting another probably 1B hit. 

it's an Illumination movie. Dreamworks is another animation studio. Both owned by Universal.

Edited by Drowned8World

1 hour ago, Eternium said:

So your argument is that films shouldn’t include LGBT characters because people won’t support them? It really seems like that’s what you’re trying to say :biblio: 

Not at all. What I'm referring to of what has been happening over the years is summed up in this comic:

d50

Edited by Stan.killah

10 hours ago, bliaz said:

The Minions are like the new Winnie the Pooh, or Mickey Mouse, they are here to stay and for all ages.

The last Pooh Movie bombed so horribly that Disney closed their traditional animation studios

Ended Elvis. :clap3:

Nnnn thank you Caroline Polachek‘s Bang Bang 

Spoiler

Don‘t come at me, her song actually got me interested in the movie

• ATRL Moderator

Slé, but the audience needs Miranda's character back 

4 minutes ago, SwiftLover said:

As an OMH this is a nightmare :biblio: 

This. 

221 million opening week as we speak. :mazen:

1 hour ago, SwiftLover said:

As an OMH this is a nightmare :biblio: 

same:biblio:

but the hype lowkey makes me wanna watch it

22 hours ago, Roberto said:

I quite enjoy the despicable me movies but I couldn't sit through the first minions movie. Had to turn it off after 10 minutes.

1 hour ago, Ampersand13 said:

Slé, but the audience needs Miranda's character back 

june 2024

• ATRL Moderator
1 minute ago, Assassin said:

june 2024

:wanda:

Praise be

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.