Update: Biden was set to nominate anti-abortion judge the day Roe v. Wade overturned

Communion

Update 7/7/22:

Update 7/1/22:

---

LOUISVILLE, Ky. — President Biden is poised to nominate a conservative Republican anti-abortion lawyer for a lifetime appointment as a federal judge in Kentucky, a nomination strongly opposed by fellow Democrat and U.S. Rep. John Yarmuth, D-Louisville.

The nomination of Chad Meredith appears to be the result of a deal with U.S. Sen. Mitch McConnell, ostensibly in exchange for the Senate Minority Leader agreeing not to hold up future federal nominations by the Biden White House, according to Yarmuth and other officials who confirmed the pending nomination to The Courier Journal.

Robert Steurer, a spokesman for McConnell, said he would have no comment until Biden makes his nomination.

Meredith also declined to respond to a request for comment, as did a spokeswoman for Kentucky Gov. Andy Beshear, a Democrat.

The White House also declined to comment, saying "we do not comment on vacancies."

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100216869761

Edited by Communion

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Communion

• rihannabiggestfan

• A Bomb

• Thinking Of You

I guess abortion rights isn’t on the ballot after all

SgM2PIq.gif

why

Despicable. Anyone who continues to parrot "just vote harder!!!" or insists that anyone has an obligation to vote for this rotting corpse is completely unserious and should be laughed out of a room.

What's the deal though? It says it was part of the deal with Mitch 

QueenofCopyPaste
9 minutes ago, shelven said:

Despicable. Anyone who continues to parrot "just vote harder!!!" or insists that anyone has an obligation to vote for this rotting corpse is completely unserious and should be laughed out of a room.

who

Stop posting stupid tweets as news and just provide a website link. 

I can’t even get to that link in the tweet because it’s behind a paywall. 

16 minutes ago, Brando said:

Prob gun legislation tbh, there is a new bipartisan deal. 

• ATRL Moderator

Can’t wait to not vote for Biden in 2024 (assuming he’s the Dem candidate).

:bibliahh:

but I legitimately want to swing at him. My god

20 minutes ago, JC. said:

Stop posting stupid tweets as news and just provide a website link. 

I can’t even get to that link in the tweet because it’s behind a paywall. 

[url=https://archive.ph/kXCMk]There[/url] you go, no paywall. Enjoy! 

Biden himself is anti-abortion and pro-Republican.

"I don't see the problem, you filthy tankies! Just vote blue harder and make Joe Manchin + Kyrsten Sinema irrelevant!"

-ATRL Libs, probably

33 minutes ago, Brando said:

Sorry, trying to find a viewable link that didn't feel illegal took way too long. :skull:

Found the full text posted of the article below:

Important bit:

The nomination of Chad Meredith appears to be the result of a deal with U.S. Sen. Mitch McConnell, ostensibly in exchange for the Senate Minority Leader agreeing not to hold up future federal nominations by the Biden White House, according to Yarmuth and other officials who confirmed the pending nomination to The Courier Journal.

Robert Steurer, a spokesman for McConnell, said he would have no comment until Biden makes his nomination.

Meredith also declined to respond to a request for comment, as did a spokeswoman for Kentucky Gov. Andy Beshear, a Democrat.

Pointed out in the comments is that there's no official comment being given as it sounds like Rep. Yarmuth has essentially leaked what looked like a future nomination of a yet-announced vacancy.

Thinking Of You

Michelle, come help us. Please. It’s only four years. Do it for us. 

2 minutes ago, Communion said:

Sorry, trying to find a viewable link that didn't feel illegal took way too long. :skull:

Found the full text posted of the article below:

Important bit:

Pointed out in the comments is that there's no official comment being given as it sounds like Rep. Yarmuth has essentially leaked what looked like a future nomination of a yet-announced vacancy.

I mean I don't know how valuable that exchange is, but of course people will immediately pounce on Biden without reading just because it's en vogue at the moment 

Just now, Thinking Of You said:

She should have been doing something for the past two years to get a bit exposure and experience. I don't see it at this point. 

Biden should have picked Stacey Abrams as the VP and stepped down while in office at some point. She could carry an election. Kamala can't. 

But then again, maybe it's best she's not part of the administration for the sake of her future prospects 

4 minutes ago, Brando said:

She should have been doing something for the past two years to get a bit exposure and experience. I don't see it at this point. 

Biden should have picked Stacey Abrams as the VP and stepped down while in office at some point. She could carry an election. Kamala can't. 

But then again, maybe it's best she's not part of the administration for the sake of her future prospects 

:skull: Not the woman that vouched for a literal racist Republican billionaire. The bar is underground. 

15 minutes ago, Brando said:

Future prospects? Her electoral career is about to go down in flames with a second consecutive loss to a semi-popular incumbent governor that she had no business even trying to run against. She can continue as a consultant, maybe, like her fellow failed candidate Jaime Harrison who is currently head of the DNC, but her viability as a candidate will be completely gone because she chose to waste it on a race she had no hope of winning in the midst of a Red Wave (possibly Red Tsunami) election year.

I see someone else was watching TYT :giraffe:

Compromising with Republicans to make ppl's lives worse, only this time for women's rights

Classic Joe Biden

Thinking Of You
58 minutes ago, Brando said:

No, stop. Don’t say that. We still have some time left.

Every day I regret voting for him. Won’t make that mistake again. Him and Kamala are useless.

1 hour ago, Thinking Of You said:

We dont need a Obama 2.0 presidency:rip:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.