Titanic | February 10 | 25th anniversary rerelease

mystery

Dying to see this in theaters but by the time I am free it seems it'll be done playing already.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mystery

• Oktober Knight

• ksmith

• Da Vinci

spectacular experience :worship2:

The audio was so good, the new mix was so clear and scary. The sound of the metal giving me chills - my heart beating fast with the score:jonny5:

I wanted to cry for the direction, score, acting. I’m so grateful for every frame every line, kept thinking how lucky we are to have this thing in the world like- it’s real :chick3:

This is my favorite film ever so I’m a little biased but I suggest y’all to go in theaters. It’s totally worth your money and time.

1 hour ago, Totami Legend said:

spectacular experience :worship2:

The audio was so good, the new mix was so clear and scary. The sound of the metal giving me chills - my heart beating fast with the score:jonny5:

I wanted to cry for the direction, score, acting. I’m so grateful for every frame every line, kept thinking how lucky we are to have this thing in the world like- it’s real :chick3:

This is my favorite film ever so I’m a little biased but I suggest y’all to go in theaters. It’s totally worth your money and time.

Totally agree.

Just came out of my screening and the experience was spectacular. Everyone seemed to be talking at the start of the movie but as it went on you could eventually hear a pin drop with how quiet it was. The first scene when Rose gets on the lifeboat got the sniffles going for most already.

The sound was incredible and watching you just get reminded how deserved the technical sweep for the movie was at the Oscars. Especially the scene when the ship breaks and finally goes under. It was literally like the water was entering the cinema itself.

One of the things that this movie accomplishes so well is that it literally opens a window through time to see a historical event that is so hard to fathom. The chemistry between Jack and Rose is off the charts and improves the movie so much.

Another thing that I love is that Rose is literally one of the most badass women in cinematic history. The scene where she gets the axe and then enters the submerged hallway, holding an axe in one hand and grappling to metal pipes with the other hand. It is incredible to see her transformation as the movie goes further and how strong of a person she becomes. Which I think is part of the appeal of the movie for many, the growing confidence and self worth that she gets for herself with the help of Jack. 

**** I love this movie so much.

I saw this movie with my mom just now. It was so amazing to see the movie on the big screen for the first time. Like some of you have said already, the remastering was really well done and the 3-D was actually pretty nice. I was amazed at how visually clean and crisp the movie was! My favorite audio part was the sweeping orchestra playing in the background for some of the scenes. 

Even though I watched the movie many times, it felt like I was watching it for the first time and I noticed some social commentaries that are relevant today such as classism and profiteering over safety. It was interesting to notice because I never did before. I guess I am a lot more aware now lol. James Cameron really got lucky with this movie. 

9 hours ago, mystery said:

Everyone seemed to be talking at the start of the movie but as it went on you could eventually hear a pin drop with how quiet it was.

I had the same experience. Everyone was talking, but after a while it was really quiet.

It was a great experience, even better than when i watched it for the last anniversary. The cinema showed it in 3D and HFR and everything looked so fantastic. This movie is close to perfection.  From the chemistry between Jack and Rose to the panic, desperation and fear of the people on the ship - James Cameron makes you feel every emotion. It's just an outstandig movie in every kind of way and the pacing is excellent. Never feels like it's three hours long.

And the scene with the old couple and the mother with her two children on the bed always gets me.

I wasn’t able to see it this weekend and just checked that it will still be in theaters this upcoming weekend! Can’t wait to see it! 

regardless the times i have seen it, this movie always wrecks, the last hour, i'm weeping .. the last scene, where rose comes back and jack's there and they kiss :weeps: 

the cinematography is so beautiful, you get transported and it really felt like the water filled up the whole cinema when the ship got finally down .. what an EVENT

On 2/15/2023 at 1:36 AM, mystery said:

Totally agree.

Just came out of my screening and the experience was spectacular. Everyone seemed to be talking at the start of the movie but as it went on you could eventually hear a pin drop with how quiet it was. The first scene when Rose gets on the lifeboat got the sniffles going for most already.

The sound was incredible and watching you just get reminded how deserved the technical sweep for the movie was at the Oscars. Especially the scene when the ship breaks and finally goes under. It was literally like the water was entering the cinema itself.

One of the things that this movie accomplishes so well is that it literally opens a window through time to see a historical event that is so hard to fathom. The chemistry between Jack and Rose is off the charts and improves the movie so much.

Another thing that I love is that Rose is literally one of the most badass women in cinematic history. The scene where she gets the axe and then enters the submerged hallway, holding an axe in one hand and grappling to metal pipes with the other hand. It is incredible to see her transformation as the movie goes further and how strong of a person she becomes. Which I think is part of the appeal of the movie for many, the growing confidence and self worth that she gets for herself with the help of Jack. 

**** I love this movie so much.

yes kate's and leo's chemistry was oozing, from the spitting scene to the fancy dinner / dancing below the deck scenes to their steamy car scene .. it's such a well-written romeo/juliet tragedy.. it still gives me the feels.

so many iconic scenes ! it's been 84 years, i am the king of the world, i'm flying...

Best Titanic Flying GIFs | Gfycat

• 2 weeks later...

It was my first time seeing this movie (which I always thought would be boring), but I was amazed at how great it was. I totally understand it’s hype and success now. I was also astonished how crisp the visuals and audio were. The 3+ hours went by so quickly. 

Also had the same experience where everyone was talking in the theatre in the beginning and by the end it was silence :rip:

Do we have any box office updates on how the rererelease is doing?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.