Drag Race Down Under | Season Four announced! | Michelle Visage takes over as host!

publikcitizen

5 hours ago, HotFriedChicken said:

?

Drag Race has had a HORRIBLE impact on the scene here in the uk :deadbanana:

only have to look at the huge dip in quality after DRUK s2. the show and drag became american'd and boring 

• Like 1

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• publikcitizen

• genetic fail

• KFC

• mokitsu

The way Ru is singlehandedly holding this franchise back from flourishing :rip: Hand over the reins ma'am

• Thumbs Down 1

11 hours ago, SitarHero said:

The way Ru is singlehandedly holding this franchise back from flourishing :rip: Hand over the reins ma'am

You think a local host would make it better? Ru is like the most charismatic host of the whole franchise, I doubt changing her would make it any better. The problem is the cast and the challenges.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, alfonso12 said:

You think a local host would make it better? Ru is like the most charismatic host of the whole franchise, I doubt changing her would make it any better. The problem is the cast and the challenges.

I mean Kita and Anita would do a good job I think considering they already hosted their own show. Maybe Courtney too. 

• Thumbs Down 1

The problem is not Ru (even though he clearly does not want to be there) the problem is the overall CRUNCHINESS. 

The sets are crunchy, the lightings crunchy, the challenges are crunchy, even the drag of the contestants is crunchy :rip: they need to up the budget to make the production look professional and actually spend time during casting making sure the queens are television ready

• Like 1

Etcetc and Art simone went to Gina Liano's podcast and it's a kii :bibliahh:

• Haha 1

The editing of this show is such a mess, the way it’ll cut a queen off almost mid sentence to go to another conversation or confessional.

it’s a shame ivory went but she definitely lost the lip sync…although both were terrible. 

I didn’t watch s2 but this is somehow worse than s1, the girls are so dry, Hollywood is the only one I care about. And this challenge was dreadful, I like that they have an older queen in the mix but bumpa not being low in the last 2 weeks has been shocking. This whole show feels like such a lazy afterthought.

Rita did do better in that lip sync than Ivanna, who was just doing all those moves at every lyric for no reason.

I thought Flor should’ve won - I too agree with Rhys that I didn’t actually mind that there were no peaks and valleys with her performance in the challenge. 

Loved the Countess look :alexz:

The editing on these lipsyncs is like 80% the queen who stays and 20% the one who sashays :rip: like at least make it less obvious, no need to superficially convince us that Rita Menu is killing it 

On 8/13/2023 at 3:40 AM, genetic fail said:

I read somewhere that the established queens don’t audition because they don’t want their racist past exposed like Karen and Scarlett :toofunny3:

That's obviously a typical moral panic lie

Am I the only one who spent the whole weekend feeling annoyed that Ivanna left? Especially against Rita ******* Menu, who is literally one of the most bland, dead-on-arrival contestants the show has ever seen. Rita does not sew, dance or do comedy. How the **** did she even get on the show, much less to be saved against both Ivory and Ivanna one after the other??

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

It is insane that we went from season 2, which is one of the best seasons of DR ever, to this

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

On 8/13/2023 at 8:07 AM, alfonso12 said:

Is she bringing the charisma to Australia though? :rip: She's phoning it in so hard. Granted I don't know about an Aussie queen (other than Courtney), but France, Spain, Philippines, etc are all the better for their different set of judges

5 hours ago, Solaris said:

It is insane that we went from season 2, which is one of the best seasons of DR ever, to this

In what world is Season 2 one of the best Drag Race seasons ever :ahh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

1 hour ago, Hexchromatica said:

Idk I loved season 2, I thought the cast was much better than this season

9 hours ago, Hexchromatica said:

IMAGINE. 99% of them other franchises should be cancelled then. If the bar is truly in hell then go on miss Spankie.

They kinda did Kylie wrong with that runway. Really? This should’ve been a moment for this franchise.

I thought the Yellow Wiggle was funny, from what we saw, personally. 

Rita seems so genuinely sweet, but it was her time. She is a great lipsyncer, but 3 bottoms + a lame song = She didn’t stand a chance. 

I don’t know how to feel about her misspelling “Nicki”… it’s highly fitting of her character, I suppose. 

• Like 1

season has been so dull since ivory left. might as well be watching a post-s11 american season :rip:. no character development or intrigue, completely flat TV. lucky DRPH is airing, which is the last bastion of quality in drag race. 

jesus but make him gay was boring. same concept as trinity doing the devil, only it wasn't funny. isis should have won based on the runway alone, her snatch game was good altho had no laugh out loud jokes. 

• Like 2

That Snatch Game was abysmal :toofunny3:

At least we finally got rid of Rita Menu

• Like 1

Poor Kylie. She deserves so much better.

Did anyone else catch Ashley’s finger with the band-aid and the fake nail glued on top? A ******* mess.

I can confidently say this was the worst episode of Drag Race I have ever personally seen. I feel bad for the cast.

• Like 1

• ATRL Moderator
On 8/16/2023 at 12:55 AM, Solaris said:

Idk I loved season 2, I thought the cast was much better than this season

You’re right and you should say it. DRDU2 is a top tier season :clap3: 

• Thanks 1

The runway :rip:

I see they cut corners by not having to pay for Getty Images (and thus allowing music video/movie looks) but why didn't they do the "locking in looks" thing from AS8 to avoid repeat runways :deadbanana2:

Such a boring Snatch Game too. This season is a flop

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.