X-Tina never had a big comeback. Why (not)?

Scotland

Every artist has flopped at some point, but most managed to make a big comeback:

Mariah - Flopped and came back in 2005.

Cher - Flopped and came back in 1998.

GaGa - Flopped and came back in 2019.

Britney - Flopped and came back in 2008 - 11.

Why didn't X-Tina have a big comeback after her flop Bionic era?

Tumblr: Image

Maybe the gp realized after 2002 that there were many incredible and talented women to support !

tumblr_inline_po0eqokIju1qd9c5g_540.gif

xtina had hollywood working against her because of her attitude that’s why she never came back

There are loads of factors. Like the big breaks that she takes between records. The way Lotus felt like an obvious label compromise record and all signs point to the fact that she wasn't fully on board for anything of the era. Like there were succesfull moments like Say Something, Feel This Moment and Moves Like Jagger but she, her label and her team have not done much to translate that to her own career. I also truly believe that songs like We Remain and Telepathy had more potential but it didn't seem like her head was in it do to something with it. Christina never wants to play the game, she tries to play her game on the playboard of an already excisting one and in the long run it becomes almost impossible to find her way back to the right path.

26 minutes ago, Scotland said:

Every artist has flopped at some point, but most managed to make a big comeback:

This is not true at all though, having a big comeback is more the exception than the rule
Most artists flop and then... stay flops

2 minutes ago, Cain said:

This is not true at all though, having a big comeback is more the exception than the rule
Most artists flop and then... stay flops

I mean, we're talking about MPGs. not the usual flops!

Not everyone has a comeback.

My fav is happy & living her best life. That’s all that matters. :heart:

8 minutes ago, Scotland said:

I mean, we're talking about MPGs. not the usual flops!

I guess Xtina is the Katy of her genetation, comebackless

Honestly the only song that was quite decent was "Your Body"... after that it went downhill. The entire Liberation album was a flop. Starting the era with "Accelerate" was a big mistake. The song is not a hit and not melodic enough to be remembered. 

Stripped era had everything: Amazing songs, unique outfits, a theme. Same with Back to Basics. 

Christina had a comeback in her own way with The Voice and her 3 collaboration Top 10 hits, including a #1 and a Grammy. 

People might downplay them since they’re collaboration singles but many pop girls don’t even get collaboration Top 10 hits after flopping. 

Edited by brainmaniac

Her sound got tired very quick and as we left big vocalists in the 2000s (except Ariana)

I mean she’s still young she could very much have a comeback but she needs to stop taking such long breaks and start committing to her music, I feel she really stopped innovating and that was what always made her music stand out in her first three eras.

Clicking Christina Aguilera GIF 

When did Britney flop? :eli:

She did, but it just wasn't her comeback alone

She's a star of the past and that's okay (✿^‿^)

She has a massive ego and thinks she’s too good to be a “radio popstar”.

She seems to think she deserves the universal acclaim and respect someone like Fiona Apple has, but she’s never been able to produce the innovative and interesting music to deserve it

I hate to say it and I was a fan of her when I was young and used to buy all her albums alongside britneys, but she’s just not that interesting of an artist. She tried to do the Madonna reinvention thing with each album and failed because she was left with an entirely in-cohesive body of work and no musical identity.

Is she a sweaty, dirrty stripper with nipple piercings or a golden age Hollywood siren? Maybe she’s a superhero or new age Avantgarde electronic cyborg. You never know what you’re gonna get and it became tiring because the quality just wasn’t really there outside of stripped.  

I feel like she had a chance when FTM and SS were smashing, but took too long to capitalize on it.

She has with MLJ/SS/FTM all WW hits:chick3:

Gaga also only had hit collaborations in 2019:heart2:

Edited by Xder

She didn’t want it clearly because anybody else would’ve rush an album out to place say something on it but she took a 6 year break :deadbanana4:

She’s lazy! look at her current music no performances. 

She completely gave up when Gaga knocked her out the game which is disappointing. 

I kind of lost interest in her when she started screwing  her fans over.

moonlitdick
3 hours ago, Love Again said:

Her sound got tired very quick and as we left big vocalists in the 2000s (except Ariana)

Because Ariana’s voice is easy to listen to & her tone is impeccable 

I think that’s what Bionic/Burlesque were suppose to be, but something went wrong or it just didn’t land.  

5 minutes ago, moonlitdick said:

Because Ariana’s voice is easy to listen to & her tone is impeccable 

:biblio:

Legend X just took too long in-between projects. I still think the national anthem situation really bothered most people as well. She has an awful label and the closest thing to her "wanting" a hit was Fall in Line and she threw the towel in so quickly. Aside from that song being a scream fest but that's beside the point. She didn't release as often as her peers so her name wasn't in people's mouths and her label really used weird singles when they did promote her. Post Back to Basics she didn't bring anything new to the table that we hadn't seen. RCA destroyed the original Bionic concept and it ended up being a nightmare. Is there quality on the album? Yes. However, nobody wanted a 20+ song album. Anyways, I'm rambling. She's happy being a stay at home mom and playing Nintendo switch with her kids. I would be too. 

I never got the hate for Accelerate, it's fun and different. I_liked_the_beat.gif

moonlitdick
13 minutes ago, Edibles. said:

:biblio:

Legend X just took too long in-between projects. I still think the national anthem situation really bothered most people as well. She has an awful label and the closest thing to her "wanting" a hit was Fall in Line and she threw the towel in so quickly. Aside from that song being a scream fest but that's beside the point. She didn't release as often as her peers so her name wasn't in people's mouths and her label really used weird singles when they did promote her. Post Back to Basics she didn't bring anything new to the table that we hadn't seen. RCA destroyed the original Bionic concept and it ended up being a nightmare. Is there quality on the album? Yes. However, nobody wanted a 20+ song album. Anyways, I'm rambling. She's happy being a stay at home mom and playing Nintendo switch with her kids. I would be too. 

I never got the hate for Accelerate, it's fun and different. I_liked_the_beat.gif

Well it’s true lol. Plus Ariana’s voice on a technical basis is better than Xtina’s.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.