THR: Gaga in talks to join Joker 2 as Harley Quinn

State of Grace.

Booking stadiums AND a sequel to a $1B blockbuster film. I'd be mad if I was an obsessed lonely loser :gaygacat4:

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• State of Grace.

• Rican

• AllyGayTor

• Cryptique

1 minute ago, babyforlife said:

And? Twitter was also rooting for Kristen during awards season. And how it turned out? OGH are so out of touch in reality.

Lmaooo girl this makes no sense nor does it correlate . If the public doesn’t like somethint they won’t support it. This will flop

We wanted Margot Robbie

Everybody is hating this on social media. Straight dc fans don't like musicals

A part of me is thinking that Joaquin only accepted the sequel because it is a musical to win another oscar. But this will obviously backfire. 

Joker 2.. a...musical?:clown:

No thank you.

1 minute ago, Jay T said:

Lmaooo girl this makes no sense nor does it correlate . If the public doesn’t like somethint they won’t support it. This will flop

Twitter ≠ public, and no one saw the end product of Joker 2, we are all just forming opinion of assumption, which is very subjected to change. Twitter said no to ASIB too before it was released, think about that.

4 minutes ago, babyforlife said:

And? Twitter was also rooting for Kristen during awards season. And how it turned out? OGH are so out of touch in reality.

Oh poor thing

People are hating this not becuase of Gaga but because of the musical

And it's not just twitter. People are hating on this on instagram and tiktok too

3 minutes ago, Jay T said:

many of the public & critics were trashing and making fun of Gucci’s Italian accent & horrid editing/pacing, yet it still became the most successful R rated adult drama of the pandemic :cm:

Haven’t been this excited for a Gaga project since the ASIB trailer was dropped 

ezgif-5-b867177c5f.thumb.gif.7a93f41f89e

Not the "twitter doesn't want it" excuse, for God's sake twitter couldn't even make Diana's movie gross $50m WW! Who cares about what they want :lmao:

11 minutes ago, Jay T said:

Twitter doesn’t want it either. 

The same Twitter that was also saying that Spirit was gonna be massive and.. welp :gaycat6:

9 minutes ago, Jay T said:

“Twitter” also didn’t want Joker 1 and it made a billion :rip: 

10 minutes ago, Jay T said:

You telling yourself anything just to cope :toofunny3:

A musical would be PANNED by incels (the movie's target audience).

3 minutes ago, Jay T said:

Of course this would be hated, I said it on the base a couple of days ago when the whole thing started that just on the basis of Gaga herself, the comic book stans would hate it, because she's too big of a name, when that happens, the character takes a back seat and it becomes about the actor, and generally IP fans hate that. But if you add the HUGE RISK that is taking a dark/gritty property and going musical with it, then it becomes an entirely new territory. Last "dark" mainstream musical was Sweeny Todd, but that was a far more obscure property, and the fanbase was broadway geeks, so...

Regarding fan reaction, well, Ben Affleck was hated from the get go and BvS didn't flop because of Ben Affleck, it flopped because it was a terrible movie, even with horrible reviews the movie opened to 160m. If the movie had had a decent script, then it wouldn't have been a failure, Affleck or no Affleck. Heath and Rob were also hated from the get go. I think the whole musical thing is a far more problematic thing to sell the movie than casting Gaga. 

On a serious note, I don't think she's signed anything, this is probably the studio testing the waters, like when they released that article about Gaga starring in Cleopatra. I'm sure there were negotiations behind the scenes because Gaga mentioned Cleopatra a few months before that article dropped and she's way too calculating with stuff like this for me to think it was a coincidence. 

1 hour ago, suburbannature said:

They want to save money on makeup artists. 

1 hour ago, Jay T said:

I mean it would be very fitting for gaga to portray a clown 

The passive aggression already and it's not even confirmed :jonny:

-

A lotta people will be scared here :jonny5:

23 minutes ago, Miichael said:

ATRL said that about her last 2 movies too and we all know how that turned out

NG1pu5N.gif

Certain members already losing their minds about this, I beg some people to pace themselves.

NG1pu5N.gif

She's the moment, ever since 2009.:wanda:

But this is going to flop hard.

Twitter can seethe.:bird:

Edited by Rhiannon

32 minutes ago, State of Grace. said:

damn, everything okay at home babes?

I love seeing people get knocked down a peg or six, I will try to hide my excitement 

In before she releases a statement about how much she wanted to play Harley Quinn as a child but other kids would tell her she was to ugly to play it.

Edited by Bad_vocal_technique

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.