This Was 2021 | WINNER!

supaspaz

Such a deserving winner. HTE is truly an undeniable classic :clap3: Arguably the greatest single released by a Gen Z artist so far.

Thanks for hosting, Supa!

• Replies 956
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• supaspaz

• madonnas

• Reverie

• Ace Reject

Thank you for hosting supa :clap3:

Good Top 10 overall, biggest crimes were definitely Halley‘s Comet not being in the Top 5 and JapBreaknot getting a Top 10 spot. :shakeno:

Edited by Lucas32

10 hours ago, supaspaz said:

So this battle was actually closer than it appeared and very exciting for me to watch develop as I counted ballots.

"Happier Than Ever" struggled early, getting that 5 from @Insanity, plus a 6 from @Saddy and a 7.5 from @MP2K in the first five ballots. But then it just kept racking up 10's, clawing its way back into contention.

Meanwhile, "Pick Up Your Feelings" was cruising along at the top, doing uniformly well, but not perfectly. Its low score looked like it might be a 7 from @Lucas32.

So things are tightening, even with @Eric. handing "Happier Than Ever" another 6. Then, just as the balloting period is coming to a close, @Quicksandhits "Pick Up Your Feelings" with that 5, swapping their positions.

I got two more ballots after that and I wondered if there might be time for another reversal. But on the final vote, @Born to Run also gave "Pick Up Your Feelings" a 7, and its fate was sealed.

It really came down right to the wire!

and to think... that was one of my pity votes for Billie. You know when you generally don't like a thing and the 2-3 songs that slightly move you, you're just generous at that point.

Jasmine will see these hoes in another lifetime!

Thanks for hosting always and your commentary

Thank god that jazmine song didn't win! HTE is a well-deserved winner

thanks for hosting and the write-ups :clap3:

6 hours ago, Wyvern said:

The instrumentation is very plastic-sounding, it's baffling how people are loving it and finding it emotional :psyduck:

:michael:

11 hours ago, Quicksand said:

I’ve had to learn to be harsh in rates cause I’ve had so many of my favorites leave early in rates cause I was too nice in my scoring :rip:

tell it to the judge!

(but yeah that's happened to me too)

• ATRL Moderator

Whew, the controversy! Its been a while since on my rates ended with so much drama.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.