Do you speak a non-Indo-European language?

Revolution

9 hours ago, Rev8 said:

Well my language has many words from Turkish, so kind of :toofunny3:

what is your language? :o 

8 hours ago, Communion said:

I can only remember "I love you, grandma" and "oh my god" in Hungarian. :bird:

Oh you are part Hungarian?...you know what they say about the Huns right? :gaycat4: 

54 minutes ago, IBeMe said:

what is your language? :o

Bulgarian :bird:

Used to be pretty good with Mandarin but it faded away as I wasn't learning it in school anymore CsFAUU0.gif would love to revisit it at some point

2 minutes ago, Rev8 said:

Bulgarian :bird:

I love Bulgaria :gaycat4: Yall are definitely the most Turkish influenced Slavic ppl in the Balkans tbh. I think it is because yallz ancestors were also the Bulgar Turks or w/e which even predates the influence by the Ottomans later on.

Yes. Malay (native), Chinese/Mandarin (first language), Korean (Beginner), and Japanese (Beginner but less experience than Korean) :gaygacat1:

since Indonesian doesn't count as Indo-European I guess I do speak one:cm: also learnt Mandarin in elementary school but I only remember the words for numbers, I, love, you, little and the 4 elements:rip:

I speak 3 Indo-European languages fluently and 2 more at a basic level.

Don't think I will ever learn any non-European languages tbh, it's no shade but English was hard enough for me

6 hours ago, terrorblade said:

since Indonesian doesn't count as Indo-European I guess I do speak one:cm: also learnt Mandarin in elementary school but I only remember the words for numbers, I, love, you, little and the 4 elements:rip:

Girl Indonesian are one of the varieties of the Malay language which categorized under Austronesian language families so yes you're able to speak non Indo-European languages :gayliecat1:

Edited by discreetinside

12 hours ago, IBeMe said:

I love Bulgaria :gaycat4: Yall are definitely the most Turkish influenced Slavic ppl in the Balkans tbh. I think it is because yallz ancestors were also the Bulgar Turks or w/e which even predates the influence by the Ottomans later on.

No??? The most Turkish influenced Slavs on the Balkans are the Bosniaks.

As for Bulgarians, we don't even have any traces of the Bulgar Turks anymore. They were a minority ruling over the Slavic majority and they eventually got absorbed. The only Turkic thing we might have are the loanwords from Turkish, which to be fair, most of them come from Persian (IE language) that entered Ottoman Turkish and then Bulgarian. 

i speak Tagalog (mother tongue) and Japanese (fluent)

5% japanese I learned from AKB48 music :gaycat4:

On 6/4/2022 at 11:55 PM, SpankGangsta said:

Bahasa and Japanese ig

Oh hei hunty wkwk

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.