Ava Max - 'Diamonds & Dancefloors'

Supervillain

I'm genuinely sad they ****** up the whole thing promo and marketing wise cause this album needs to be huge

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Totami Legend

• Nefertiti0

• Supervillain

• sbenci

so far sleepwalker sounds very good. this album is also top notch quality production wise. very great job on the vocal production and effortless eclectic sound on every song.

Edited by KatyPrismSpirit

This is meh so far. The hyped songs like ghost and title track are nice but that's it. Something feels too platic-y, even for pure pop music and the kidz bop choruses sometimes kill the vibe and make me laugh. 

Lemme stream MH&MH :smitten:

Just now, SpaceOddity said:

I'm genuinely sad they ****** up the whole thing promo and marketing wise cause this album needs to be huge

I guarantee if they can get a tour rolling around + some videos for these GLORIOUS tracks there's hope left for this era. These songs are TOO good for mainstream audiences to ignore. 

4 minutes ago, HausofNick said:

I guarantee if they can get a tour rolling around + some videos for these GLORIOUS tracks there's hope left for this era. These songs are TOO good for mainstream audiences to ignore. 

its not future nostalgia level op boppery tho but still great. she needed a bigger budget and better promo

41 minutes ago, Aurora said:

Literally though. I stopped everything I was doing as soon as it came on, just lay back and closed my eyes and felt goosebumps like I can't even describe what this song does to me. It scratches a pop music itch I've had since the early 2010s. Just divine.

It's impressive, it reminds me of those euro dream house songs of the end of 90's when it comes to atmosphere (Blue, Froggy Mix...) She really captures the energy while make it consistant to the rest of the album, not just Bebe Rexha-ed it.

Wow ATRL stanning this fad I never thought I’d see the day! #proud

1 minute ago, Kylie Jenner said:

Wow ATRL stanning this fad I never thought I’d see the day! #proud

I've read really positive thoughts everywhere, **** NME :rip:

I freaking cannot with the Hold Up SLANDER

spacer.png

the way i can always count on ava to give me BOPS

spacer.png

Edited by hallucinate

She’s a mastermind creating pure pop music. Her ability to catch melodies and harmonies is insane.

Heaven & Hell was pop perfection, but this is even better. This will remain as one of my favourite releases this year.

Title track is a collapse, I can’t :jonnycat: but I need an extended version with angelic bridge and final explosive chorus 

Finally listening to the official release after listening to the leak 4 months ago. How come I did not notice that Sleepwalker is literally Kings & Queens 2.0? 

I'M SO FREAKING HAPPY I RESISTED ALL THE LEAKS

This album is fantastic. Bop after bop after bop, not one moment to take a breath :WAP:

I need my vinyl to come *NOW* so I can blast it and shake my ass to all these songs in my room!!!:WAP:

Ok I did not like the title track when listening to the leak or the writers demo, but oh my, it sounds so good in HQ.

1 minute ago, psychodiva336 said:

I'M SO FREAKING HAPPY I RESISTED ALL THE LEAKS

This album is fantastic. Bop after bop after bop, not one moment to take a breath :WAP:

I need my vinyl to come *NOW* so I can blast it and shake my ass to all these songs in my room!!!:WAP:

what is your favorite? :jonny: 

First listening:

1. Ghost

2. Dancings done

3. HOLD UP 

4. D&D

5. Sleepwalker

6. GOMH

7. MYATP

8. In the dark

9. One of us

10. CAI

11. Weapons

12. TOTL

13. LNOE

14. Million flops baby

Can we appreciate how well polished and clear the songs are :allears: This album is a model when it comes to details.

11 minutes ago, Bencharmer said:

Can we appreciate how well polished and clear the songs are :allears: This album is a model when it comes to details.

Yes, I just noticed an extra detail in GOMH before the chorus :jonny: 

Edited by sbenci

45 minutes ago, sbenci said:

what is your favorite? :jonny: 

gotta be In The Dark and Get Outta My Heart, they hit hard in every way imaginable :biblio: wbu??

2 minutes ago, sbenci said:

Yes, I just noticed an extra detail in GOMH before the chorus :jonny: 

It took me 8 months to notice the subtle guitar on the chorus of MYTP..

Now i hear it, it elevated the song in my esteem.

On first listen I'm only keeping Ghost, Diamonds & Dancefloors, Dancing's Done, Get Outta My Heart, and Sleepwalker. The rest were a bit forgettable I fear.

The title track desperately needs an extended mix.

KYtBoeg.gif