Running Up that Hill finally #1 on Spotify WW with 8,4m streams

Sugden

i don’t watch stranger things but i’m glad the popularity made me discover this amazing song 

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ger

• killer_rose

• LesFleur

• CaptainMusic

I’m so glad her and her diacpgry

m is getting listened too. 

The Weekend is when most watch tv.  So hopefully she gets an even bigger boost.  

20 hours ago, Komet blu said:

The way everyone seemed to **** on netlfix lately, and yet it still holds enough power that a quick lil scene in its show is enough to do smth like this :lmao:

Let’s not get ahead of ourselves since the people who are shitting on Netflix are doing so because of its lack of good shows and killing off potential shows after their first seasons. 

2 hours ago, GentleDance said:

Kate blocking Post Malone :bibliahh::ahh:

With no problems.:clap3:

do you guys listen to other version of this song? some cool, chill remixes?

1 hour ago, Frozen99 said:

do you guys listen to other version of this song? some cool, chill remixes?

Well, there is her official 2012 remix version.

12 hours ago, ontherocks said:

She hasn't even adressed the recent success, but I would love her to regardless.

She finally has:jonny6: https://www.katebush.com/news/stranger-things

Stranger Things

You might’ve heard that the first part of the fantastic, gripping new series of 'Stranger Things’ has recently been released on Netflix. It features the song, ‘Running Up That Hill’ which is being given a whole new lease of life by the young fans who love the show - I love it too! Because of this, Running Up That Hill is charting around the world and has entered the UK chart at No. 8. It’s all really exciting! Thanks very much to everyone who has supported the song.

I wait with bated breath for the rest of the series in July.  

Best wishes,

Kate

43 minutes ago, killer_rose said:

Well, there is her official 2012 remix version.

thx :heart2:

18 minutes ago, catsandlabneh said:

Stranger Things

You might’ve heard that the first part of the fantastic, gripping new series of 'Stranger Things’ has recently been released on Netflix. It features the song, ‘Running Up That Hill’ which is being given a whole new lease of life by the young fans who love the show - I love it too! Because of this, Running Up That Hill is charting around the world and has entered the UK chart at No. 8. It’s all really exciting! Thanks very much to everyone who has supported the song.

Best wishes,

Kate

Legend :heart2: 

#7 prediction for Hot 100.

Still smashing...Wuthering Heights and Babooshka coming too :duca:

Running Up That Hill

Spotify (13x #1):
Apple Music:
Wuthering Heights

Spotify:
Babooshka

Album: Hounds of Love

Apple Music:
Edited by LesFleur

She is losing a bit of steam in the UK but her streaming numbers are very big which is hard to sustain for anyone. 

If she stays stable, RUTH is definitely getting a new peak at #2 there.

I think it has a great chance to peak higher in the States next week, it should pull bigger streaming numbers if the numbers keep the way they are.

I just have discovered this woman, she's so talented. Why has she stopped to release new music? It seems to me like she has a very private life or something. (No shade)

On 6/3/2022 at 3:08 PM, killer_rose said:

She is now predicted to go #1 in US. :wanda:

No description available.

omg if this comes true. 

From #30 career peak on both hot100 and BB200 to a Hot100 #1 decades after release? :jonnycat:

On 6/4/2022 at 1:07 PM, Eóghan said:

Maybe y'all are talkin about the old Spotify Charts which officially died yesterday. There was a banner for the past 6 months that the site would disappear on June 3rd, so it's not really out of the blue.

On the mobile version, for the new Spotify Charts you indeed need to click on each song to get the numbers which is annoying, but on PC it's pretty much the same as the old site but even better.

Oh no, Thanks for the tip! At this point,  isn’t there a mobile version as the old one?

the single re-entered the UK top 10 at number 8, with the OCC listing the Fish People version as the main version of the track.

is this true? i thought they were streaming the og

4 hours ago, GentleDance said:

It's me, I'm Kathy
I've come home  :gaycat5:

no one comeback hit wonder :clap3:

4 hours ago, BadMonster said:

Love the Within Temptation version of this song too!

i just heard the chromatics' version .. nothing touches the og tho

cute doc if anyone's interested

On 6/5/2022 at 1:54 PM, GentleDance said:

Kate blocking Post Malone :bibliahh::ahh:

The deal with God came through :clap3: 

20 hours ago, catsandlabneh said:

Stranger Things

Best wishes,

Kate

This made me smile. So glad she's happy about it. :chick3:

ATW - 7,431,739

RUTH - 7,415,597

16k difference

This is the closest that they've been :jonny:

It’s one of the best songs of all time. The lead single off one of the best albums of all time.

I am so happy for a new generation to discover Kate. I am so happy for Kate to be alive while this happens as well. She must be so overwhelmed.

Her lead in the US & UK is still pretty big. In the US the gap has stayed more or less the same :clap3:

19 minutes ago, ontherocks said:

Her lead in the US & UK is still pretty big. In the US the gap has stayed more or less the same :clap3:

Harry is losing more than her in the US. She could still get the #1 spot Globally if this trend continues! 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.