Running Up that Hill finally #1 on Spotify WW with 8,4m streams

Sugden

4 hours ago, Villanelle said:

Suddenly it's ATRL's favs song of all time just because it's doing Spotify numbers :laugh: You'll forget about it in a week when the hype fizzles out. It sounds like any 80's song, but it's boring, it's not catchy,  the beat is uninteresting. And it's too long. Like 5 minutes wtf.

This is what listening to CamiLa Cabello does to your brains ladies

ezgif-6-5ed2a6b2c1.png

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ger

• killer_rose

• LesFleur

• CaptainMusic

32 minutes ago, State of Grace. said:

This is what listening to CamiLa Cabello does to your brains ladies

ezgif-6-5ed2a6b2c1.png

I doubt it’s Camila’s doing

kU9ONGI.thumb.jpg.60e4965b5c3e8385cb4f10

OT: I saw a midweek chart projection on Twitter that would place this in the top 5 on the Hot 100. Very respectable :clap3:

2 minutes ago, Sazare said:

I doubt it’s Camila’s doing

kU9ONGI.thumb.jpg.60e4965b5c3e8385cb4f10

You can do better Sazare Jepsen

637A0D0E-20E0-4A78-B4D2-83352CB32425.thu

-

Cant wait for this to be #1 all over the world

Edited by State of Grace.

I think top 5 is safe next Monday on Hot 100, Hope she snatches #1 next week!

6 hours ago, Villanelle said:

Suddenly it's ATRL's favs song of all time just because it's doing Spotify numbers :laugh: You'll forget about it in a week when the hype fizzles out. It sounds like any 80's song, but it's boring, it's not catchy,  the beat is uninteresting. And it's too long. Like 5 minutes wtf.

Are you sure you're not just mad that Kate can smash...SOLO?

Villanelle

One of my all time favourite songs

Glad to see Kate Bush getting the recognition she deserves 

6 hours ago, Villanelle said:

You’re just mad all your faves recognizable hits are children’s music garbage like shake it off! Shake it off!, the Romeo and Juliet song, We-ee! and other assorted basic trash and could NEVER, EVER EVER make an amazing profound spiritual masterpiece smash hit that resonates 40 years later like RUTH

21 minutes ago, Protocol said:

You’re just mad all your faves recognizable hits are children’s music garbage like shake it off! Shake it off!, the Romeo and Juliet song, We-ee! and other assorted basic trash and could NEVER, EVER EVER make an amazing profound spiritual masterpiece smash hit that resonates 40 years later like RUTH

That user is a Camila stan.

OT

:jonny4:

4 minutes ago, GentleDance said:

OT

Oh ****…this is going to Top 40/Hot AC??

19 minutes ago, GentleDance said:

OT

Not it becoming a summer smash 40 years later

1 hour ago, Protocol said:

Taylor has nothing to do with this, stop. Didn't know ur a closeted OTH tho, sad.

OT: Harry needs to MOVE!

1 hour ago, GentleDance said:

OT

The way little bushers keep on winning. 

:wanda:

1 hour ago, GentleDance said:

OT

So that means Billboard WILL allow RUTH to chart on the BH100 then

2 minutes ago, Sweet Sexy Savage said:

So that means Billboard WILL allow RUTH to chart on the BH100 then

Well there was never a rule to prevent that from happening as long as it debuts at least in the #50. In this case it's going straight to top 5.

50 minutes ago, GentleDance said:

image.png

:wanda:

ok Warner :jonny5:

We need the 70-80s 12 inch trend to the popular again :jonny5:

Can this actually go number 1 if it gets significant airplay? :deadbanana4:

Perched to see what happens on Radio. This is unprecedented :jonny: 

Holy sh*t not it actually getting resent to radio :jonny3:

2022 Song of the Summer I fear :jonny3:

edit: wrong thread

Edited by Kékette

The ATRL mods themselves should get to work and advertise this song on top of the forum. Instead Taylor gets a boost everytime or Dua gets the favor when one of her hits doesn‘t go #1.:rip:

Assgklgsafhkudchk so happy to see this smashing :WAP:

Crazy to think I found out about this song when I was a kid after I heard a Placebo cover in 2006 or something like that and thinking why this song isn't a massive smash cause it's sounds like a hit, then I found out it's a cover and the original song and music video was so different and unlike anything from the stereotypical 80s music videos and songs

22 hours ago, Bloodflowers. said:

Assgklgsafhkudchk so happy to see this smashing :WAP:

Crazy to think I found out about this song when I was a kid after I heard a Placebo cover in 2006 or something like that and thinking why this song isn't a massive smash cause it's sounds like a hit, then I found out it's a cover and the original song and music video was so different and unlike anything from the stereotypical 80s music videos and songs

Same here. It's so unreal how this song found a new audience in this day and age. The newer generation may not necessarily be keen on older classics nowadays, but the way they identified with this work of art is so telling of Kate's timeless discography and influence. 

I am in complete awe of everything unfolding before our very eyes. I've always appreciated Hounds of Love as a solid body of work, but now her music is resonating with a newer audience nearly 40 years after its original release. So deserving of its success.

Edited by NickAurora

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.