• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ger

• killer_rose

• LesFleur

• CaptainMusic

2 minutes ago, Villanelle said:

I'm not hearing anything special about this song. Haven't watched ST so it's probably the show's effect.

Kate interviewed on Nightflight (1985) - made by h-o-udini and myself

People saying the song isn't anything special. It's literally one of the best songs of all time, the f. :rip: 

4 minutes ago, Villanelle said:

I'm not hearing anything special about this song. Haven't watched ST so it's probably the show's effect.

Thank you for your input Camila stan.

6 minutes ago, Villanelle said:

Your fav wishes she could do a song like this :rip:

Suddenly it's ATRL's favs song of all time just because it's doing Spotify numbers :laugh: You'll forget about it in a week when the hype fizzles out. It sounds like any 80's song, but it's boring, it's not catchy,  the beat is uninteresting. And it's too long. Like 5 minutes wtf.

6 minutes ago, Villanelle said:

Suddenly it's ATRL's favs song of all time just because it's doing Spotify numbers :laugh: You'll forget about it in a week when the hype fizzles out. It sounds like any 80's song, but it's boring, it's not catchy,  the beat is uninteresting. And it's too long. Like 5 minutes wtf.

Go listen to the even better 10 MINUTES version and educate yourself on actual music geniuses like Kate Bush.

11 minutes ago, Villanelle said:

Not a Camila stan coming for one of the most acclaimed pop songs of all-time :hoetenks:

Go stream that children's rhyme Bam Bam :hoetenks:

47 minutes ago, Villanelle said:

People have been talking about this song and the Hounds of Love album for years.

Lorde has included two Kate Bush songs, "Running Up That Hill" and "This Woman's Work" on her Sonos radio channel over the past month and during the Melodrama era, she used the song on her pre-performance playlist, as her walk on music - the last song played as she steps onto the stage.

In this thread there are numerous example of artists such as Big Boi talking about Kate Bush.

Perhaps you're the last to hear about her?

9 minutes ago, Villanelle said:

Girl, it was already one of the most acclaimed songs of all time before the show sparked some public interest. Your distaste for it is fine and valid and all, but positive reception for this song and its parent album, even on ATRL, is definitely not new.

I don't understand the issue with discovering a song after going viral and genuinely appreciate it.

9 minutes ago, Villanelle said:

It’s not going to be forgotten. :deadbanana2: it’s going to be used again in July. It’s streams aren’t just going to stop all of a sudden. 

18 minutes ago, Villanelle said:

this is the silliest post i’ve seen on this website in a minute :deadbanana4: Running Up That Hill is one of the most acclaimed pop songs of all time, and if you’ve been part of music twitter or interested in the indiesphere for the past few years, people talk about it on the regular. just because it’s NOW experiencing a resurgence to a more mainstream audience doesn’t mean it hasn’t been relevant for years on end. it’s one of the defining songs of the new wave era, and its production has nuances that actually make it sound more timeless than most hits of that era. if i were you, i’d try to let it grow on you

23 minutes ago, Villanelle said:

Are you mad a fourty year old song is outstreaming your fave Camila? Go give Bomb Bomb an extra stream :coffee:

Edited by pieceofgök

this is so cool, I’m happy more people are discovering the genius that is Kate Bush through this, even if it’s just this perfect song.

I hope she posts a cute little letter or something, would be great to hear from her again (especially in music form)

27 minutes ago, Villanelle said:

Goooorl the song is a masterpiece. Now, yeah I do agree about ATRL -mostly success stans- suddenly stanning the song. :skull:

#8 in the UK, wtf are you kidding me. :rip: UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

1 minute ago, Ger-55 said:

#8 in the UK, wtf are you kidding me. :rip: UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

ACR rule...

"Running Up That Hill" pulled 17.1M U.S. streams from On-Demand services only (not counting YT). It's definetely coming for Top 5 on Hot 100.

https://hitsdailydouble.com/streaming_songs

Edited by Ger-55

Listening to this song for the first time in many years right now, last time I did I checked out the whole album as well. The song sounds familiar but during all this time in-between I thought this was a Robyn song :rip:

Miss Villanelle getting lashed :dies:

I'm happy I knew of this masterpiece before this show and to see it get this boost is such an exciting thing

45 minutes ago, Villanelle said:

A song going viral doesn’t discount its quality. There are a million songs featured on viral tv shows but only standouts like these climb atop the charts. It’s very catchy and vibey. The song has proven how timeless it is as people still listen to it in 2022

2 hours ago, xclusivestylesz said:

I never saw the hype behind this song until last night... I smoked some weed and went for a drive... Hits so hard and I'm hooked now. No clue what the lyrics is really about but damn this song is so good 

That was basically my introduction to the song. My bf and I got high as hell and when that scene came on and the song started playing I perked up like what is dis honey!! 

Then we went for a drive to get drinks and I made him play it 3 times in a row and I was just out there vibing. 

Tried to listen to it the next morning and it wasn’t giving what it gave the night before but now I’m pretty much obsessed with it and playing it non stop :jamming:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.