Hold My Hand only tanking on Spotify despite Top Gun smashing at box office, why?

Assassin

Tom should debut his singing career and hop on a remix, then it has a chance. 

• Replies 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jay07

• Assassin

• AllyGayTor

• Rican

Her team literally didnt put it on any signifcant playlist on movie release week. It has a playlist reach of about 30 million which is TRAGIC. She has a horrible team. Plus she is insisting on not releasing the beautiful movie version of the song...overall this song isn't instant in general....it will only do well if her team try to push it but they arn't....

Chile….the dragging in here :gaycat6:

It’s weird. How can it be that high on iTunes but a non-event on Spotify ? 

4 minutes ago, Erreur2 La Nature said:

A couple of hundred fans mass buying can get a song to #1 on iTunes, but you need a significantly larger push on Spotify.

23 minutes ago, Erreur2 La Nature said:

Two different demographics, older people are the ones that keep using iTunes.

It's a meh song. 

Also soundtrack songs don't do that well. It's still doing better than Be Alive, Beautiful Ghosts, Spirit and whatever Ari's song from Dont Look Up was. Gaga rewrote history once for modern day popstars by giving our generation its IWALY/MHWGO. That happens once if you're lucky, not over and over again. 

Also the box office numbers are massive but tickets are expensive so not as many people are seeing the movie as you think. To put it into perspective, more people saw the When I'm Gone music video on ESPN during the halftime show of the 2022 College Football Playoff National Championship than will watch Top Gun this weekend. 

Let’s call a spade a spade. Gaga and her team obviously expected it to smash and be as big as, or bigger than Shallow. This song has been teased for around 2 years. They’ve built up expectations. And it’s completely bombed.

5 minutes ago, Daydream said:

This song has been teased for around 2 years. They’ve built up expectations. 

No it has not. In fact, it was so NOT teased that posters were put up for the movie with her name in the credits and that's how people quietly found out she was involved in the music. Until then it was people in the industry who knew about it because the movie was delayed for 2 years. 

17 minutes ago, Girls5eva said:

It's a meh song. 

Also soundtrack songs don't do that well. It's still doing better than Be Alive, Beautiful Ghosts, Spirit and whatever Ari's song from Dont Look Up was. Gaga rewrote history once for modern day popstars by giving our generation its IWALY/MHWGO. That happens once if you're lucky, not over and over again. 

Also the box office numbers are massive but tickets are expensive so not as many people are seeing the movie as you think. To put it into perspective, more people saw the When I'm Gone music video on ESPN during the halftime show of the 2022 College Football Playoff National Championship than will watch Top Gun this weekend. 

None of the songs you listed had a radio deal unlike Hold My Hand.

Edited by Shirlene

2 minutes ago, Shirlene said:

None of the songs you listed had a radio deal unlike Hold My Hand.

I dont see proof of a radio deal for HMH or proof that the others did not. But they did have more Spotify payola. 

3 minutes ago, Girls5eva said:

I dont see proof of a radio deal for HMH or proof that the others did not. But they did have more Spotify payola. 

It's called All Access. 

Interscope is probably in talks with Tom Cruise to get him record a verse for a remix as we speak

the song is just not clicking with the GP the way shallow did.. but its okay. Not every song is supposed to be a massive hit. It did what it had to do.. aka being cute lil credit closer background noise. 

Point to be noted.. it still did a lot better than certain other pop girl's soundtrack song so idg why the OGHs are creaming in their pants. Certain girls even performed at the opening of this oscars and their songs still BOMBED lmao... 

LG8 here we come :sadviolin:

Beyoncé stans in here trying it, the nerve. :toofunny3:

In regards to Beyonce, is there someone who hasn’t out peaked Beyonce singles these past few years? Be Alive? Black Parade? Spirit? 

Imagine running around for years faux claiming your fave is the greatest female artist of all time only for a lead soundtrack single of a newly released blockbuster movie backed by Hype, Disney and the Media to almost miss the top 100? :skull: At this point it’s completely understandable why she is constantly hopping on remixes and clinging onto collaborations because she is all smoke and mirrors.

17 minutes ago, Rican said:

In regards to Beyonce, is there someone who hasn’t out peaked Beyonce singles these past few years? Be Alive? Black Parade? Spirit? 

Imagine running around for years faux claiming your fave is the greatest female artist of all time only for a lead soundtrack single of a newly released blockbuster movie backed by Hype, Disney and the Media to almost miss the top 100? :skull: At this point it’s completely understandable why she is constantly hopping on remixes and clinging onto collaborations because she is all smoke and mirrors.

They’re the last ones that should be trying anything with soundtracks after spirit(1.5 billion ww) and the last attempt from the movie will smith won ha Oscar for. 

ot: no Bradley 

33 minutes ago, Rican said:

Are you really comparing those first 2 to HMH? Neither had a video and Beyoncé did nothing for them. 

It's really unfortunate Gaga wrote that essay hyping this boring song just for it to keep on flopping.

but yes, biggest soundtrack song this year!! (Not counting encanto or That red panda movie because as someone said in here why would that count!!!!!?)

I mean, it hasn't flopped as hard as Britney or Beyonce's recent soundtrack singles but it's not looking good.

26 minutes ago, besaid said:

I mean, it hasn't flopped as hard as Britney or Beyonce's recent soundtrack singles but it's not looking good.

Britney? Are we talking about oh la la!? 
peaked at 54(higher than both you mentioned) :skull:

I was told it was going to rocket to the top of the charts 

200.gif

I mean, it’s a Gaga song released in 2022. I dont think it had the chance to smash

3 hours ago, Rican said:

Black Parade went top 40. HMH couldn't pass top 80. Brown Skin Girl and Mood 4 Eva debuted higher than that with no promo and radio that HMH has.