Hold My Hand only tanking on Spotify despite Top Gun smashing at box office, why?

Assassin

12 minutes ago, Gagacharts said:

Yet, her two stadium shows in Japan sold out in 15 Minutes and she has many other sold out stadiums months before her tour starts.

Maybe there are other reasons like low playlisting, but I guess thats a bit to complex.

The song will be exposed to hundreds of millions of people this week. How is that not better exposure than playlisting?

• Replies 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jay07

• Assassin

• AllyGayTor

• Rican

17 minutes ago, Gagacharts said:

If you creat therads like this, please do some resaerch.

The movie premiered yesterday in the US and Spotify´s tracking period ended at midnight UK time. So nearly all the screenings took place after the tracking period ended.

Can't wait for tomorrow's updates then!

I will wait until Monday to judge :rip:

1 hour ago, HASHTAGPOW said:

Because fad

1 hour ago, KMO said:

How many times do we have to tell you that the GP haven’t cared about GaGa’s solo efforts since 2011

1 hour ago, fridayteenage said:

it needs a remix with tom cruise or bradley cooper or ariana grande

28 minutes ago, Schhh said:

No Bradley, no hit. Gaga has no solo power and this proves it yet again.

:rip:

5 minutes ago, Shirlene said:

The song will be exposed to hundreds of millions of people this week

What?

If this would be true, the movie would gross billions this week (based on ~$10 per ticket).

10 minutes ago, Breathe On Moi said:

omg babe don’t dig this hole, this will not be a good post for them to reference to in a few days :rip:

They already set themself up since Spotify Friday chart is up and it's still OUT 

It’s still remains the biggest female solo lead soundtrack this year and no none of the Encanto album tracks count since they were not singles. :siptea:

5 minutes ago, Gagacharts said:

What?

If this would be true, the movie would gross billions this week (based on ~$10 per ticket).

The point is, the exposure this is getting at the box office is more than any exposure it would get on any Spotify playlist.

It’s not a good song. Period. I’m trying to pretend it doesn’t exist tbh. 

4 minutes ago, Shirlene said:

The point is, the exposure this is getting at the box office is more than any exposure it would get on any Spotify playlist.

It´s true that the movie could be a huge promotion of a song. But not every songs benefits from it. Just look a Spirit which was in The Lion King remake that grossed 1.67B which is way more than TG´s prediction.

It’s a good song. ATRL hates it because it’s Lady Gaga.

Edited by Death & Decay

Just now, Gagacharts said:

It´s true that the movie could be a huge promotion of a song. But not every songs benefits from it. Just look a Spirit which was in The Lion King remake that grossed 1.67B which is way more than TG´s prediction.

Gaga has the most awarded song of all time that's a soundtrack single. You can't compare their situations at all. 

2 minutes ago, Gagacharts said:

Strange that you never replied to this comment. I wonder why. :fan:

Because she won an academy award which some girls can only dream about, they try to do it but the academy keep saying no

This is gaGa’s artpop era 

That song as i always said and will say was a bad mistake and awful to listen to.  

What a waste of an opportunity to have made something better. 

1 hour ago, LeMésTragique said:

Maybe Gaga should've had Tom Cruise to sing on the song together :gaynetcat4:

I screamed :rip::jonny2:

Bad song

5 minutes ago, Assassin said:

Strange that you never replied to this comment. I wonder why:fan:

I never replied to your comment, since you still didn´t get the facts right.

First of all, midnight UK times is 7PM ET or 4PM PT in the US.

Second, there are probably close to zero showings of the movie in the morning. And every screening in the afternoon/evening after 4PM ET or 1PM PT wasn´t included in the Spotify update.

Yes there were some screening on Thursday, but the official release, with most of the screenings, was on Friday

48 minutes ago, Assassin said:

They already set themself up since Spotify Friday chart is up and it's still OUT 

:skull:

Ill give it a week, and if it doesn't improve with the insane launch with the movie then it was destined to flop. Of all things, idk why they went with Gaga for a movie like this. Do someone even more generic that hits all the basic movie tropes with a song like Charlie Puth did with See You Again :skull: 

Because Tom didn't feature on it :giraffe:

And it's bad