Avril Lavigne - 'Let Go (20th Anniversary Deluxe)'

Joesuxx

Just now, Cutthroat said:

Avril probably doesn’t even know they were remastered. 

2-A60-F216-6-C00-419-F-AEED-55-BB7-AB896

that would be 100% on brand for her

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ProudLBS

• Ampersand13

• Cutthroat

• Buffy

3 minutes ago, ProudLBS said:

that would be 100% on brand for her

The way her tweet came late and didn’t mention a thing about the original album being remastered said it all. 

*dumb_blonde.mp3*

96-D29-C97-0-D71-44-D3-B197-B7-A91-DBE52

Our little girl is growing up so fast.

96-D29-C97-0-D71-44-D3-B197-B7-A91-DBE52

I wonder if she really wrote those words. It doesn’t sound like how she talks :eli:

59 minutes ago, Buffy said:

I wonder if she really wrote those words. It doesn’t sound like how she talks :eli:

It sounds like her with some editing from her PR team.

Still wish they remastered I don't give a damn I don't give a sh-t instead of the I'm not letting you f-ck me version :monkey:

LOVING the new mixes but the drums at the start of Nobody's Fool (Avril's Version) sounds completely different with the cut offs :skull:

• ATRL Moderator
2 hours ago, ProudLBS said:

It sounds like her with some editing from her PR team.

This. She's had some really touching posts before. Head Above Water's announcement, some of her comments during Goodbye Lullaby, etc. I started tearing up reading the twitter thread my new meds have made me an emotional wreck

2 hours ago, Melancholy said:

LOVING the new mixes but the drums at the start of Nobody's Fool (Avril's Version) sounds completely different with the cut offs :skull:

I also think her vocals in the verses of Nobody’s Fool is too compressed and a decibel too quiet. It’s the only song I have to turn up louder to hear. Anyone else or just me?

Complicated also lost some of its charm in the prechorus (50 secs to 1:00). I don’t know what that instrument is called… it sounds magical in the original. Why did they mute this instrument? It’s also in Nobody’s Fool but is now muted as well. It’s like they cranked up the electric guitars and made everything else quiet. 

Edited by Buffy

I hate the new intro of sk8er boi

snd the removing of yeah yeah from last chorus from complicated 

51 minutes ago, mypaintoyou said:

I hate the new intro of sk8er boi

snd the removing of yeah yeah from last chorus from complicated 

thank You!!!

They did a great remasters for all songs except Sk8er Boi I honestly hate that one specially the intro 

3 hours ago, Buffy said:

Complicated also lost some of its charm in the prechorus (50 secs to 1:00). I don’t know what that instrument is called… it sounds magical in the original. Why did they mute this instrument? It’s also in Nobody’s Fool but is now muted as well. It’s like they cranked up the electric guitars and made everything else quiet. 

It is still pretty audible to me....maybe there's just more space in the mix now and drowned out the chime thing whereas before it's more compressed and the higher tones stood out more

So that's it for the 20th Anniversery?

Just a few belated tweets from her and a tacky merch drop?

Not even an Insta story from her, Mod, MGK, Feldy, or anyone from her team?

And I guess no Sk8er Boi movie or Hollywood Walk of Fame ceremony?

:clownny: 

14 minutes ago, HBK-79 said:

So that's it for the 20th Anniversery?

Just a few belated tweets from her and a tacky merch drop?

Not even an Insta story from her, Mod, MGK, Feldy, or anyone from her team?

And I guess no Sk8er Boi movie or Hollywood Walk of Fame ceremony?

:clownny: 

I'm shocked to say this, but for once she put in more effort than most artists do :rip:

Sure, the Walk of Fame thing didn't happen, the vinyl isn't coming until next year and she didn't announce the album on time, but she gave us a new song and remastered every track on the album way beyond the bare minimum. This was like the best remaster I've ever heard; it sounds like it was recorded yesterday, not 20 years ago :rip:

Maybe it's because I haven't listened to the song in years but the instrumental of I Don't Give on the album is slightly different from the one on the Complicated maxi single. And by slightly different, I mean, better. :jamming:

5 minutes ago, ProudLBS said:

I'm shocked to say this, but for once she put in more effort than most artists do :rip:

Sure, the Walk of Fame thing didn't happen, the vinyl isn't coming until next year and she didn't announce the album on time, but she gave us a new song and remastered every track on the album way beyond the bare minimum. This was like the best remaster I've ever heard; it sounds like it was recorded yesterday, not 20 years ago :rip:

I agree, it's the best remaster I have ever heard by a western musician. 

I love everything about this remastered edition. Every track sounds so fresh.

The only thing that I can't get used to is the little sounds in the background of the verses of Anything But Ordinary. I don't even know what they are, a clap? A drum? 

I prefer the song without this little sounds.

But overall I'm happy with everything. Specially the new version of Why and Breakaway.

Good job Avril!! This album is legendary :clap3:

Edited by ttsmu

4 hours ago, Zaynsus said:

Maybe it's because I haven't listened to the song in years but the instrumental of I Don't Give on the album is slightly different from the one on the Complicated maxi single. And by slightly different, I mean, better. :jamming:

The entire album is different as every song was remastered. 

I like the louder bass on Anything But Ordinary. It’s richer and fuller in sound :smitten2:

4 hours ago, ProudLBS said:

4 hours ago, Roger said:

I agree, it's the best remaster I have ever heard by a western musician. 

Agreed! It sounds different, yet almost identical 1:1. I don’t know how they pulled this off but it sounds incredible. Like, how??? I hope whoever did the remasters is credited on the vinyl. I’m curious who was involved behind the scenes. Wish we knew more!

i was listening to this last night and it brought back so many memories. I was thinking of an old primary school friend that stanned the album with me back in the day. And we fell off after he transferred schools. And I wondered if he's a hunty now and listening to this and when i checked Tinder at lunch he shows up there looking really good :gaycat2:

1 hour ago, PaloSanto said:

i was listening to this last night and it brought back so many memories. I was thinking of an old primary school friend that stanned the album with me back in the day. And we fell off after he transferred schools. And I wondered if he's a hunty now and listening to this and when i checked Tinder at lunch he shows up there looking really good :gaycat2:

time to reconnect :gaycat2: maybe he still hasnt...Let Go of that friendship :gaycat2:

• ATRL Moderator
30 minutes ago, Power love said:

Where is the vinyl for Love sux? :chick2:

Coming when the deluxe comes, which is to say... never 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.