• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ProudLBS

• Ampersand13

• Cutthroat

• Buffy

People who dislike HDIF don’t deserve basic human rights.

2-A60-F216-6-C00-419-F-AEED-55-BB7-AB896

1 hour ago, JoAddams said:

Do previously released Get Over It & I Don't Give sound different as well or without changes?

Yes. They re-recorded the electric guitar, added new layers to the intro for I Don’t Give, and gave it new drums. Everything about the new version is fuller in sound.

Here’s the original:

The new version of Get Over It punches harder in the chorus with drums added in. The original version had tiny inaudible drums. The new production has elevated the song to new heights!

Here‘s the original: 

Edited by Buffy

I wonder if Avril owns her masters or how did she manage to get the original masters for this 20th anniversary? The OG vocals are still the same and it sounds like some of the OG instruments are still there… it sounds very close.

• ATRL Moderator

TELL ME WHY.mp3 :wanda:

1 hour ago, JoAddams said:

Do previously released Get Over It & I Don't Give sound different as well or without changes?

Get Over It is different

Things I'll Never Say with 27M streams and Losing Grip with 36M after being promoted and having a video

interesting

She should scrap the Sk8er Boi movie (I don’t get the point why it needs to exist? Waste of money!). Spend the money towards music video treatments for Things I’ll Never Say, Anything But Ordinary, a real video for Mobile, and Get Over It. Those will be more worth it for fans.

12 minutes ago, Buffy said:

I wonder if Avril owns her masters or how did she manage to get the original masters for this 20th anniversary? The OG vocals are still the same and it sounds like some of the OG instruments are still there… it sounds very close.

She worked with Lauren Christy again just few years ago. It's not a surprise that she could access to all those Matrix original recordings. 

20 minutes ago, Buffy said:

She should scrap the Sk8er Boi movie (I don’t get the point why it needs to exist? Waste of money!). Spend the money towards music video treatments for Things I’ll Never Say, Anything But Ordinary, a real video for Mobile, and Get Over It. Those will be more worth it for fans.

do you really believe that this movie is gonna be released? lmao

I’m only interested in the sk8er boi movie because she said she recorded songs during the Love Sux sessions that she purposely left for the movie 

49 minutes ago, Robburro said:

Get Over It is different

1 hour ago, Buffy said:

Yes. They re-recorded the electric guitar, added new layers to the intro for I Don’t Give, and gave it new drums. Everything about the new version is fuller in sound.

Here’s the original:

The new version of Get Over It punches harder in the chorus with drums added in. The original version had tiny inaudible drums. The new production has elevated the song to new heights!

Here‘s the original: 

1 hour ago, crossbonezolo said:

they sound different, Get Over It even more than I Don't Give. You can find the original I Don't Give on Spotify anyway if you wanna check out for yourself 

I'm so excited

2-A60-F216-6-C00-419-F-AEED-55-BB7-AB89643.jpg

the only way the movie's not happening is if mod and her break up, otherwise he wouldn't waste the opportunity to profit off something related to Avril

Just now, crossbonezolo said:

the only way the movie's not happening is if mod and her break up, otherwise he wouldn't waste the opportunity to profit off something related to Avril

:bibliahh:  

• ATRL Moderator

The remaster versions sound so clean :jonny6:

The album if full of classics. I love that Avril recorded Breakaway, she sounds really good. I just wish she recorded it in the style of the demo so it would fit better with the sound of the album.

Listening the album from start to finish made me realize how great is the order of the tracklist. Take My Away should have been remastered instead of Falling Down.

Anything But Ordinary is a CLASSIC :WAP:

18 minutes ago, crossbonezolo said:

Is Mod wanting to cast himself as the “Sk8er Boi”? If so :pukey:

10 minutes ago, Buffy said:

he has writing (and maybe production) credits on the soundtrack, and I wouldn't be surprised if he got his name attached to the movie itself in some way 

12 minutes ago, Buffy said:

No. The plan is to cast young actors (probably str8 from TikTok lmao)

2 minutes ago, crossbonezolo said:

he has writing (and maybe production) credits on the soundtrack, and I wouldn't be surprised if he got his name attached to the movie itself in some way 

What soundtrack? She just said she could throw in some Love Sux leftovers :lmao:

That crap is getting shelved. She’s busy and she won’t put in the effort

2 hours ago, Buffy said:

No, Arista - the owner of the masters oversaw this re-release. They’re credited as her label for this release. She clearly signed a contract with them got the re release. Hopefully it’s a 4 album re release including GL. 

• ATRL Moderator

The way I switched like a total baguette on Breakaway this morning. I’m tearing up on my walk today listening on repeat

47 minutes ago, Blankspace2010 said:

No, Arista - the owner of the masters oversaw this re-release. They’re credited as her label for this release. She clearly signed a contract with them got the re release. Hopefully it’s a 4 album re release including GL. 

I’m excited for the bonus tracks we’ll get from UMS…. No unreleased songs leaked from that era, right?

• ATRL Moderator
7 minutes ago, Buffy said:

I’m excited for the bonus tracks we’ll get from UMS…. No unreleased songs leaked from that era, right?

Yes just one did, why can’t I remember the name 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.