is a beautiful song, so Avril!

3 minutes ago, Ampersand13 said:

Mod Sun

was it really? He did an incredible job

The way she belts "YOU'RE GONNA SEE RIGHT THROUUUUUUUUUUUGH"

2-AC0-E730-CC03-4-BB9-9192-717-D92-A6562

21 minutes ago, Cutthroat said:

Unwanted is such a banger! You sluts... :biblio:

unwanted was a cute little angsty moment back in the day when your crush didn’t message on MSN/AIM and you wanted the attention.  
Aside from that, ir sucks. 

2 minutes ago, xXavril said:

was it really?

No :rip:

• ATRL Moderator
2 minutes ago, xXavril said:

was it really? He did an incredible job

Yup! He really showed out on this one

• ATRL Moderator
Just now, ProudLBS said:

No :rip:

You told me yesterday he did the mastering?

sk8er boi sounds SOOO DIFFERENTTTT

8 minutes ago, Ampersand13 said:

:rip:

It’s just not a well written song. Its only saving grace is the vocal topline but I know a lot of people love it, I’ve just never been able to enjoy it. I actually think it’s one of the worst songs she’s ever written and recorded 

I genuinely think this is a crazy opinion, though - some of her lyrics, esp after TBDT, are just . . . mortifyingly bad :deadbanana2: to each their own, though ofc

OMG getting my life from some of the re-mastering, like on Anything But Ordinary. Things / vocals / etc. I just NEVER noticed in the songs :weeps:

Where can people outside the states preorder?

• ATRL Moderator
1 minute ago, ahauntingnearu said:

I genuinely think this is a crazy opinion, though - some of her lyrics, esp after TBDT, are just . . . mortifyingly bad :deadbanana2: to each their own, though ofc

OMG getting my life from some of the re-mastering, like on Anything But Ordinary. Things / vocals / etc. I just NEVER noticed in the songs :weeps:

Her lyrics are just as bad here which is a big part of the reason the album wasn't better received. She's never been an amazing lyricist and she's my all time favorite artist but I'm not gonna act like Let Go doesn't have just as many cringeworthy moments lyrically has her other efforts

5 minutes ago, DavidSMateus said:

unwanted was a cute little angsty moment back in the day when your crush didn’t message on MSN/AIM and you wanted the attention.  
Aside from that, ir sucks. 

2-AC0-E730-CC03-4-BB9-9192-717-D92-A6562

• ATRL Moderator

I think the reason I don't like My World more (and I will admit that I bop to it from time to time) is that it's giving 'I'm not like other girls' energy but this remastering sounds awesome from a production standpoint! 

1 minute ago, Ampersand13 said:

Her lyrics are just as bad here which is a big part of the reason the album wasn't better received. She's never been an amazing lyricist and she's my all time favorite artist but I'm not gonna act like Let Go doesn't have just as many cringeworthy moments lyrically has her other efforts

Totally fair - I won't pretend nostalgia and having grown up with the album as a little lad doesn't skew my perception of it being her best overall and (among her) best written album(s). The lyrics might be 'bad' as a [redacted] year old grandpa now ( :weeps: ), but they were so relatable back then, in such a perfect way :alexz:

4 minutes ago, Cefh said:

:coffee2:

Coming to send Kate Bush back into hiding!

• ATRL Moderator
Just now, ahauntingnearu said:

Totally fair - I won't pretend nostalgia and having grown up with the album as a little lad doesn't skew my perception of it being her best overall and (among her) best written album(s). The lyrics might be 'bad' as a [redacted] year old grandpa now ( :weeps: ), but they were so relatable back then, in such a perfect way :alexz:

Tea, that's why I love it the way that I do. It truly was/and continues to be an incredibly impressive debut :wanda:Would love for her to re-record it at some point because I much prefer her later vocals but I will always have a special place in my heart for this record

• ATRL Moderator
Just now, Cutthroat said:

Coming to send Kate Bush back into hiding!

Running Down That Hill (A Deal With the Devil) (Kate's Version) (From the Vault) coming for blood 

• ATRL Moderator

'I may have fallen for that when I was fourteen and a little more green, but it's amazing what a couple of years can mean' is a highlight truly 

• ATRL Moderator

I like the vocal take they used for the final 'try' in Nobody's Fool, that was a particular nice touch :jamming:

1 minute ago, Ampersand13 said:

'I may have fallen for that when I was fourteen and a little more green, but it's amazing what a couple of years can mean' is a highlight truly 

***** I just got to that part :jonny4:

Admittedly, although LG meant so much to me, NF never really clicked with me and I never knew all the words, so IDT I ever processed that line.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.