• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RealityBites

• GRMusic

• jpsketch

• Ampersand13

2 hours ago, Bindi said:

I need more Rockelly now :wanda:

Me too! I’m curious to see what the new album will be. I wonder if she was going one direction and they changed it to more rock again

Ok I’m still not a huge fan but there’s no doubt she sounds incredible. 

I think it just works for Billie cause the subject matter of an unhealthy relationship where she was a literal child dating an adult. 

Not dragging her before y’all KC stans come at me :lmao: just think with the lyrics it doesn’t really “work” for Kelly. Hopefully she starts doing what Halestorm does and puts out a covers EP in between albums now! 

44 minutes ago, Gavin. said:

I think it just works for Billie cause the subject matter of an unhealthy relationship where she was a literal child dating an adult. 

Not dragging her before y’all KC stans come at me :lmao: just think with the lyrics it doesn’t really “work” for Kelly. Hopefully she starts doing what Halestorm does and puts out a covers EP in between albums now! 

Just out of curiosity, what lyrics don’t work for her? I feel like they all work for her and her current situation 

57 minutes ago, Gavin. said:

It clearly works and is way better than the original

13 minutes ago, RealityBites said:

Just out of curiosity, what lyrics don’t work for her? I feel like they all work for her and her current situation 

For me the song is about grooming just as much as it is about a breakup. She slays other breakup songs but I personally have just associated the song with a younger view point cause of Billie. Kelly sounds amazing, she did that with the vocals and Billie obviously could never but just not a huge fan.

And as with every other post so the Kc Stans don’t drag me I can’t wait for the EP and have every album by Kelly :toofunny2: :lmao:

7 minutes ago, KCFan2014 said:

It clearly works and is way better than the original

stan your fave sis :clap3:

• ATRL Moderator
5 minutes ago, Gavin. said:

For me the song is about grooming just as much as it is about a breakup. She slays other breakup songs but I personally have just associated the song with a younger view point cause of Billie. Kelly sounds amazing, she did that with the vocals and Billie obviously could never but just not a huge fan.

And as with every other post so the Kc Stans don’t drag me I can’t wait for the EP and have every album by Kelly :toofunny2: :lmao:

This makes sense. I don't personally see that just because I related to HTE heavily when it came to a loved one who basically abandoned me. The words fit perfectly for me even though it's a completely different context. But, with the lyrics in the transition, the documentary, what we know of Billie's relationship with Q, and the other songs on the album (e.g., Your Power), I think this is perfectly fair. That's why Kelly had to change the line, "cause I was a kid," because that's a clear reference to the grooming theme of the album.

She killed it. She changed the appropriate lyrics to fit her narrative. Queen wins again. 

3 minutes ago, Bloo said:

This makes sense. I don't personally see that just because I related to HTE heavily when it came to a loved one who basically abandoned me. The words fit perfectly for me even though it's a completely different context. But, with the lyrics in the transition, the documentary, what we know of Billie's relationship with Q, and the other songs on the album (e.g., Your Power), I think this is perfectly fair. That's why Kelly had to change the line, "cause I was a kid," because that's a clear reference to the grooming theme of the album.

Oh yeah definitely, I’m glad she made it her own with a few line changes. Clearly her line “I get it you hate this city” was put there for a reason and was meant specifically for Brandon. 

But also great point, we all interpret songs in different ways even if it’s a song meant to be about something specific. I’ve done that with plenty of songs also.  So no right or wrong view point in this situation as far as that aspect of the cover goes. 

• ATRL Moderator
5 minutes ago, RealityBites said:

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTdW1am9n/?k=1

this part of the song needs to go viral on TikTok. It works so well! 

Omg I can imagine so many uses of that :toofunny3: 

5 minutes ago, Bloo said:

Omg I can imagine so many uses of that :toofunny3: 

Me too lol! Hey Atlantic if you’re in here, take notice of that TikTok sound and make it go viral 

I love her and she sounds great, but Billie’s is superior I think 

• ATRL Moderator
1 minute ago, Tylerbv said:

I love her and she sounds great, but Billie’s is superior I think 

It's a mixed bag for me. I think I prefer Kelly on the first half. I love the big belts that Kelly delivers. But, I much prefer the instrumental breakdown after the final belt in Billie's version. It feels more epic and it gives a sense of release the song needs. I will use both versions though. It will depend on my mood.

Kelly's is ironically easier to sing for me, though, just because her voice is more present whereas Billie's feels more like a stadium of people screaming together which is a bit harder to sing with if that makes sense.

the outro isn't as climactic

Edited by terrorblade

I prefer Billie's version but this is good too. 

Better than the original wow ? 

Had this on repeat all day. This is a vocal/emoting masterclass of a song. I love that you can finally hear the lyrics now, too. Billie sort of mumbles through them, but Kelly is clear as day. It really elevates the song.

I need this Kelly with a full studio album.

billie and kelly’s versions are entirely different vibes. comparing them is weird because one version literally has 80 vocal takes and it’s the other has a maximum of like, 3. 

they’re both great for different reasons! congrats to the “Stronger” songstress

Wow, I'm in awe. :wanda:

Sorry, Billie but Kelly ate much better than you with this. :swan:

I'm not sure if it's been mentioned, but what is she singing instead of "you made me hate this city"?

I can't work it out

16 minutes ago, Leppie said:

I'm not sure if it's been mentioned, but what is she singing instead of "you made me hate this city"?

I can't work it out

I get it, you hate this city.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.