What era did Beyonce become bigger than Britney?

GiftFromGod

Self-titled. Britney's career imploded with Britney Jean, Beyonce's reached new critical and touring heights.

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• swissman

• Mystic Boy

• PrudenceHCharmed

• dirrtydiana

22 hours ago, Aaliyah Kylie said:

i def think i am.. is when beyonce really started de-throning britney. in more ways than one. i even think britney used to be able to perform and be in the same sentences as far as show stoppers like beyonce, but after 2008.. i think that was over.

Yes. There's a backlash in the UK(?) over her lip syncing then Beyoncé showed everyone effortlessly her singing ability at The X Factor. If I'm not mistaken, same thing happened in Australia over the lip sync controversy. I might be wrong tho. 

On 5/22/2022 at 12:57 PM, Emir said:

This is correct.

ST and the celebrity that followed ? cemented Beyoncé as a THE generational leader amongst her peers.
It is what it is (which tbf is nothing more than Stan fodder, substantiating arbitrary metrics of exaltedness). That said, who knows the path Britney might have forged on her own had she not been handicapped by hostile parasitic entities.  I do believe if Britney hadn’t ~allowed herself to be so easily held within the Conservatorship, and if she ~truly desired to remain as the de facto QOP (an aspiration I’m certain she had long since abandoned)… there wouldn’t have been anyone capable of usurping her from the crown.

Now this isn’t to say Beyoncé didn’t necessarily earn or deserve the elevated status of her celebrity circa 2013-present however.  ***** UNDERSTOOD the given assignment and she delivered it in spades. She is a paragon of beauty, with the talent and drive to back it up (pun somewhat intended).

So all things being equal, the FACTS remain as such: Beyoncé is the undisputed queen of her generation, with a legacy far outclassing each and every one of her contemporaries.  Through sheer determination, backed by an incredibly diverse skill-set, this woman has well and truly earned all of the recognition she [has and] continues to receive.

:clap3:

10 hours ago, PrudenceHCharmed said:

Yes. There's a backlash in the UK(?) over her lip syncing then Beyoncé showed everyone effortlessly her singing ability at The X Factor. If I'm not mistaken, same thing happened in Australia over the lip sync controversy. I might be wrong tho. 

It's true :skull:

IASF

Self titled basically cemented her status as legend and icon.

lol, never, she only relevant when B is not releasing

In a given era/moment, Beyonce became bigger than Britney with Self Titled. Looking at the overall career stats and peaks, Britney has always been bigger.

2 hours ago, Totami Legend said:

IASF

Self titled basically cemented her status as legend and icon.

Beyonce has been bigger than Britney since 2001. 

Dangerously in Love if we're talking solo eras 

If we're talking about as beloved Pop Icons and not sales/hits, Beyonce 

On 5/18/2022 at 7:30 AM, Trent W said:

BOMT vs DIL, BOMT was bigger

Oops  vs BDay, Oops was bigger

Britney vs IASF, IASF was bigger

4 vs ITZ,   ITZ was bigger

Blackout vs ST, ST was bigger

Lemonade vs Circus, idk, one was a bigger album the other had much bigger hits.

I mean it’s really hard to put one on top of the other.

If you compare them era to era you can see that.

why are u doing it like this jkldsj;af

It's 

BOMT > Destiny's Child 

Oops > TWOTW

Survivor > Britney

DIL > ITZ

B'Day > Blackout 

IASF > Circus

4 > FF

Beyonce > BJ

Lemonade > Glory 

pretty easy to see who lashes who here 

4 minutes ago, Bey_Rihstan said:

It's 

BOMT > Destiny's Child 

Oops > TWOTW

Survivor > Britney

DIL > ITZ

B'Day > Blackout 

IASF > Circus

4 > FF

Beyonce > BJ

Lemonade > Glory 

Because you are counting DC as Beyonce, and while it is part of her career, they are 2 separated acts.

You also skipped Destiny Fullfilled era in your equation so it doesn’t make sense anyway.

Sasha Fierce for sure, DIL and B'Days made Beyonce a solid name can continue her success from the group, but she dumped all those the girls from 00s after that album

1 hour ago, Bey_Rihstan said:

It's 

BOMT > Destiny's Child 

Oops > TWOTW

Survivor > Britney

DIL > ITZ

B'Day > Blackout 

IASF > Circus

4 > FF

Beyonce > BJ

Lemonade > Glory 

Well when you put it like that :deadbanana2:

1 hour ago, Trent W said:

Because you are counting DC as Beyonce, and while it is part of her career, they are 2 separated acts.

You also skipped Destiny Fullfilled era in your equation so it doesn’t make sense anyway.

It makes much more sense than comparing albums that came out YEARS apart in different sales climates. If we're comparing their careers... destiny's child will and should be included. 

also, excluding DF was actually helpful for Britney. You could compare it to Britney's greatest hits album that came out in 05 or something but I'm fair so it was excluded 

9 hours ago, sweetkiss said:

lol, never, she only relevant when B is not releasing

Could you develop please, I'm really curious about that, especially since they released simultaneously several times and we know who outsold, outgrossed and outstreamed :allears:

5 hours ago, Bey_Rihstan said:

It makes much more sense than comparing albums that came out YEARS apart in different sales climates. If we're comparing their careers... destiny's child will and should be included. 

also, excluding DF was actually helpful for Britney. You could compare it to Britney's greatest hits album that came out in 05 or something but I'm fair so it was excluded 

Not logical to count DC BUT logical to compare a 4th album released in 2003 and the other in 2011 :ahh:

I can't at people thinking and trying to convince others that britney is bigger than beyonce in 2022. I mean it could be understandable if they just woke up from a coma since 2001 but otherwise :biblio:

On 5/24/2022 at 4:03 AM, Mystic Boy said:

Could you develop please, I'm really curious about that, especially since they released simultaneously several times and we know who outsold, outgrossed and outstreamed :allears:

beyonce debut 11 million

britney debut 26 million already won

beyonce sophomore album 3.5 million 

britney sophomore album 20 million

honestly i feel too bad for beyonce because shes successful too, but cant be compared to britney in any shape or form, not even as an artist as she cant dance, coreograph, write songs nor produce.

With her debut in 2000-whatever it was. Isn't that the same year Britney's numbers started declining?

48 minutes ago, sweetkiss said:

beyonce debut 11 million

Just to correct this, B'Day total you've written here was announced in January 2007, four months after the album was released. Now it stands at about 8 million. It's certainly not close to the 20 million of Beyoncé's sophomore, but Beyoncé's also came 7 years after the industry sales peak that Oops was released during.

Edited by swissman

On 5/23/2022 at 7:45 PM, Mystic Boy said:

It's true :skull:

That woman has no shame!

OT: Crazy in Love

1 hour ago, sweetkiss said:

beyonce debut 11 million

honestly i feel too bad for beyonce because shes successful too, but cant be compared to britney in any shape or form, not even as an artist as she cant dance, coreograph, write songs nor produce.

Why would we need to compare Britneys 1999 and 2000 album to anything dealing with 2022? Especially when yall are dodging the fact that Beyoncé was active and has late 90s and early 2000s albums from a GG that were best sellers. TWOTW and Survivor were not lightweight albums in the teen pop market. 

The question is simple. WHEN did Beyonce become more popular than Britney? It'd honestly say the crown was slipping circa 2004 but officially fell in 2007. And that's only because Beyonce wasn't fully solo when Britney dropped her 3rd album in 2001. 

2 hours ago, Dreajae said:

Why would we need to compare Britneys 1999 and 2000 album to anything dealing with 2022? Especially when yall are dodging the fact that Beyoncé was active and has late 90s and early 2000s albums from a GG that were best sellers. TWOTW and Survivor were not lightweight albums in the teen pop market. 

The question is simple. WHEN did Beyonce become more popular than Britney? It'd honestly say the crown was slipping circa 2004 but officially fell in 2007. And that's only because Beyonce wasn't fully solo when Britney dropped her 3rd album in 2001. 

Im not talking about 2022 or any other particular year. Im talking about their respective careers because question was When did beyonce become bigger, and I said never and proved further with numbers why.

I could go era by era even to 2022. Beyonce never became bigger than Britney. I wish they released same day cause Beyonce would flop (again) and B would be #1.

Beyonce just doesnt have the star power Britney has. That doesnt mean Beyonce is terrible, just not fair comparison. Britney should be compared to Madonna.

btw I just noticed you are catching on Destinys Child lmao, and not beyonce. which proves my point. You think Beyonce stats are too weak.

Edited by sweetkiss

3 hours ago, swissman said:

Just to correct this, B'Day total you've written here was announced in January 2007, four months after the album was released. Now it stands at about 8 million. It's certainly not close to the 20 million of Beyoncé's sophomore, but Beyoncé's also came 7 years after the industry sales peak that Oops was released during.

thank u for proving my point. Beyonce never touched Britney numbers. 

Baby, oops, st, ITZ > or = to all bey eras including DC combined

Its only when we remove Britney’s first few eras bey or anyone else has a chance

:celestial4:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.