Drag Race Fatigue 2: RuVenge of the Subtitles, The 2023 RuGirls Rate [Drag Race PH]

genetic fail

17 minutes ago, so_fetch said:

No bias, but season 2 of Drag Race Philippines is probably the best franchise season in memory.

yeah the last 4 episodes have elevated this to contender of greatest of all time season, depending on how the last episodes turn out. no other franchise comes close to this, philippines is a top tier reality tv show, not just a great drag race franchise. the katkat vs bernie arc alone is enough to keep the storyline tension until the finale where they will probably lipsync for the crown

• Thanks 1

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• genetic fail

• Hephaestus

• madonnas

• #1Pokpaker

Another great episode! Would've loved it even more if I wasn't accidentally spoiled of the double shantay on Twitter :weeps:

There better be a double sashay next week, though. I'm not here for a Top 5 finale.

10 hours ago, OreGuy said:
  Reveal hidden contents

girl????? did u just spoil the other lip syncs?

:deadbanana2:

Oh I meant Katkat v Bernie. Why the hell would I not include that in the rundown when it's easily the best lipsync of the season.

It's so funny seeing Jade stans on twitter barking the producers for letting her use extra time and then not giving her the win anyway for exceeding it.(which she definitely could have won cuz she was the funniest) like this is reality tv. it's going to be brought up one way or another to produce a tv moment. it's literally just PhiPhi x Alyssa mirrorgate/SP commercials.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, #1Pokpaker said:

Oh I meant Katkat v Bernie. Why the hell would I not include that in the rundown when it's easily the best lipsync of the season.

1 hour ago, #1Pokpaker said:

HELP!!! I meant Arizona v Tiny :rip: She's so forgettable omg

wheew i was worried i was spoiled :jonny5:

but Tiny was truly forgettable, unlike her mother. 

5 minutes ago, OreGuy said:

wheew i was worried i was spoiled :jonny5:

but Tiny was truly forgettable, unlike her mother. 

Arizona v Hana would be really fun to see though but I'd rather have it be OV v Jade because they're sisters just like last season with Minty vs Xilhouete.

• ATRL Moderator

Yup this season has surpassed s1

but honestly ov did not deserve that win. she was Low for me.  I giggled but her ad was all over the place.  Since Jade was disqualified for a win, should have just gone to Arizona :michael:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, madonnas said:

but honestly ov did not deserve that win. she was Low for me.  I giggled but her ad was all over the place.  Since Jade was disqualified for a win, should have just gone to Arizona :michael:

Not with that gown tho! OV had a decent commercial and runway.

Kinda want NAIA's sister in a future DRPH season (and NAIA too ofc). She might know how to do makeup as she's a pageant queen but she's probably too big for it since she's a freaking Miss Supranational. Wonder if we're gonna have some bio queens soon. It took the main franchise more than ten seasons to cast openly trans women and DRPH did it in two.

6 minutes ago, #1Pokpaker said:

Kinda want NAIA's sister in a future DRPH season (and NAIA too ofc). She might know how to do makeup as she's a pageant queen but she's probably too big for it since she's a freaking Miss Supranational. Wonder if we're gonna have some bio queens soon. It took the main franchise more than ten seasons to cast openly trans women and DRPH did it in two.

We need them on a season together! Sugar and Spice could NEVER

1 minute ago, genetic fail said:

We need them on a season together! Sugar and Spice could NEVER

Angel Galang and Maxie Andreison from QOTU too! That would be really good casting especially for the next season since there's always some sort of drag family storyline in DRPH.

5 hours ago, #1Pokpaker said:

Angel Galang and Maxie Andreison from QOTU too! That would be really good casting especially for the next season since there's always some sort of drag family storyline in DRPH.

And Manza?! Oooh she's about to eat the lipsyncs up! I also kinda want the Sex Bomb dancer's kid for storyline. And Taylor Sheesh for the Jiggly drama, of course :fan:

• ATRL Moderator
9 hours ago, genetic fail said:

Not with that gown tho! OV had a decent commercial and runway.

Her, Bernie, and Kat all had great runways but bad commercials.  The other 3 all had bad runways but good commercials for me :dies:

15 hours ago, madonnas said:

Kinda weird to read this here since OV's commercial was so well received in Twitter.. it was confessionals from differrnt users not all over the place

Jade's on the other hand was fvnny and crazy but no storyline or cohesiveness whatsoever

My faves Hana, OV, Ari had the best concept/storyline but Jade&OV was the funniest

Bernie&Katkat served mehhh and cringe but they devoured the runway... Bernie aced that runway using colorful medals.. every acadgays can relate .. they deserved bottom2 tbh and yup thankfully we saw the best lipsync this season

What a great episode.. finally this season is head to head with S1 now after starting rough

Edited by Cryptique

I’m worried going into the finale because I only really see Bernie as the winner material and fear any other outcome might be unsatisfactory. She’s the total package! She has great runways, good track record, a local legend, and her potential blindness makes for a compelling winner storyline.

Arizona Brandy: Terrible runways

Captivating KatKat: Controversial figure

Hana Beshie: Lack of experience

M1ss Jade So: Poor track record

ØV *****: No storyline

Coming into the Season 1’s finale, Marina, Precious and Xilhouette all had well-rounded edits that would make each of them a satisfying winner.

• Like 1

I’m worried going into the finale because I only really see Bernie as the winner material and fear any other outcome might be unsatisfactory. She’s the total package! She has great runways, good track record, a local legend, and her potential blindness makes for a compelling winner storyline.

Coming into the Season 1’s finale, Marina, Precious and Xilhouette all had well-rounded edits that would make each of them a satisfying winner.

5 hours ago, genetic fail said:

I wouldn't say that Katkat winning would be unsatisfactory. She's FAR from being a Scarlet Adams who would literally ruin the whole season if she won and shouldn't be lumped with such people, nor is she a Precious who had a payola'd win and several questionable placements. She was ignorant and her winning would not ruin the season at all as she and Bernie are neck and neck. The only true test for her is to learn from her mistakes (a mistake that really a lot of Filipinos wouldn't even be aware of) and surround herself with people who have more access to knowledge about the nuances of racism. The ideal outcome would be Bernie v Katkat in the top 2 and either of them can win. 

My Top 4: 
Bernie
Captivating Katkat
OV ****
M1ss Jade So/Arizona Brandy (idk... whoever gives the better lipsync should be in the finale)

Hana Beshie is the Vinas of the season. The one who seems poised to win a local version of All Stars.

11 hours ago, genetic fail said:

And Manza?! Oooh she's about to eat the lipsyncs up! I also kinda want the Sex Bomb dancer's kid for storyline. And Taylor Sheesh for the Jiggly drama, of course :fan:

I would love to see more pageant queens too. Matmat Centino would eat up the runways and serve a look or we can go the pageant/comedy route like Elsa Droga. I think the SB dancer's kid's drag name is Sofia? She's a 100% cast especially with her notoriety and that in itself is already a top 4 storyline.

That lip sync, whew! :jonny4:

I'm sorry but there's no way anyone else other than Bernie is winning this, she's the full package. Katkat would also fill that position if she wasn't so unlikable and controversial (even outside of the show). The rest is just there unfortunately, they're great queens but don't have the track record to justify a crowning (although Precious Payola didn't either, yet here we are).

Challenge was really interesting, I always enjoy anything branding. Ad and runway considered, Jade won that hands down, too bad she went overtime (that bottom placement was crazy though). Arizona had a great ad but meh runway (not as bad as judges tried to make it seem though), ØV had an ok ad and an ok runway, definitely didn't see her winning. Hana was just meh all around, but Bernie and Katkat were clearly the worst. What were they thinking? :skull:

katkat is extremely likeable and she's a lot of people's number one to win, outside of being arguably the most talented on the cast she's funny and has a heart (did you watch this ep and her interactions with bernie?). you'd be viewing her completely different if you weren't caught up on a 10 year incident and putting it in an american context, an incident which she has also apologised for.

• Like 2

I'm going to go against the grain and say I did not care for that double save decision. Don't get me wrong, they both did a fantastic job, but I thought Bernie won. 

I just think eliminating one of the front runners would have been a very unpredictable and bold move that would have made the remainder of the season more exciting. 

However, this is undoubtedly still the best drag race season of the year, closely followed by France. 

14 hours ago, keerbyriri said:

katkat is extremely likeable and she's a lot of people's number one to win, outside of being arguably the most talented on the cast she's funny and has a heart (did you watch this ep and her interactions with bernie?). you'd be viewing her completely different if you weren't caught up on a 10 year incident and putting it in an american context, an incident which she has also apologised for.

that part! If she wins, she'd have such a seamless switch to the mainstream Filipino showbiz. She reminds me of Xilhouete, they both got connections with the top celebrities in the Philippines and she's a legend to them. She's also dabbled in acting here and there before DRPH and she was pretty great in that one episode so I'm sure she'd have no problem fitting in. Makes me think she could have a more mainstream Iyah Mina kind of career.  

On 9/22/2023 at 5:56 AM, keerbyriri said:

Wasn’t she like infamously NOT apologizing and doubling down whenever the MTQs came out? I thought that was the narrative around then and why ppl were so annoyed. If she truly did blackface 10 years ago and has apologized for it and recognized why it’s wrong then she’s good in my book, but I’ve been cautiously side-eyeing her so far this season 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.