Golden Hit: Season 1 📀 Congrats to 8thPrince and Jackson!! 🏆🏆

fountain

Thank you for my #5! I appreciate all the feedback and scores throughout the process and hope to do this again. :heart2:

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fountain

• Aurora

• Remmy

• Hanami-Blossom

Top Posters In This Topic

The top 2 of Golden Hit Season One:

@8thPrince

No doubt one of the most consistent writers this season, every round you impressed us with your interpretations of the challenges and your writing itself, never scoring anything under an 8 (truly you are the 8thPrince!). It’s been so fun seeing what you’ve created each round, reflecting many different emotions and situations, while also leaving things open to interpretation and always keeping us pondering about your songs in a thoughtful way. First we focused on the winder rather than sun, then looked to the stars in fraternite, you took us to the whipping post and peeled off our flesh to reveal cephalopods, and we were red as cherries but proclaimed to practise happiness. It’s been wonderful having you a part of the season, always keeping us on our toes with your late entries, and always coming through with something great, we hope you have enjoyed your time this season and, of course, you should be incredibly proud of such another great season for you.

@Jackson

We really have been blown away by your writing this season and how diverse your entries have been. You kept us guessing every round as to what direction you would go and what style you might embody, and despite taking on so many different inspirations you bodied them all and demonstrated your ability as a writer so brilliantly this season. You started off in a bike lane that turned out to be a deepfake, you questioned il diavolo e dio and found solace in Reykjavik, we could never say we almost knew your name; because we do, what you demonstrated this season was peak. We really hope you have enjoyed taking part as much as we enjoyed getting to see your writing, your participation this season was really appreciated and you continually impressed us from beginning to end, like the legend you are. 

Did I scare you with this post? :eli:

Good luck to you both. You’re both amazing writers and frankly I wish you both could win :chick3:

The winner announcement will be coming up in a few minutes

Good luck :heart2:

(Well, in my next post... @fountain has some tributes for you first... and no, this doesn't count as a post of my for technical reasons...)

2 minutes ago, Euterpe said:

Thank you for my #5! I appreciate all the feedback and scores throughout the process and hope to do this again. :heart2:

Ahhhh is this confirmation you’ll sign up again? :jonny5:
We stan, it’s been our pleasure!

5 minutes ago, Jackson said:

wait... this growth, maybe @Achilles. will have to wait for GH3 :eli: 

Truly pulled a American Horror Story Ahs Coven GIFafter around 3 

Just now, fountain said:

Ahhhh is this confirmation you’ll sign up again? :jonny5:
We stan, it’s been our pleasure!

Yes it is!!!

The writeup :cries: it’s been a pleasure and I got so much material out of this season so thank you again for hosting!

Proud to serve a career repeak after all this time. The way I signed up for this game not really certain that I’d actually be able to write anything and see it all the way through, but ended up writing a few of my favorite songs.

:jonnycat:

Have to give credit to Aurora and fountain for creating inspiring challenges and fostering a supportive work environment. :clap3: 

4 minutes ago, Jackson said:

wait... this growth, maybe @Achilles. will have to wait for GH3 :eli: 

IDC about winning a game, I’d just like another #1 song. But there’s always someone better—usually you! :laugh: What’s the trick to coming out on top? Teach me your ways. :allears:

3 minutes ago, Euterpe said:

Yes it is!!!

We love to see it :heart2:

(more info on when we’ll be back as the closing to the finale :eli:)

Just a couple more minutes, Aurora is finalising the winners post. The torture will be over soon :bird:

unknown.png

The time has come. The moment of truth. The announcement of the WINNER of Golden Hit.

After six gruelling challenges that pushed you all to your absolute limits...

After weeks of sweat, bloodshed, and plenty of tears...

...okay maybe that's a little melodramatic...

...but there were tears of joy, I have no doubt! From us judges, if nobody else...

Without further ado, the winner of Golden Hit...

Winning with a margin of less than 0.01 point...

No for real, it was so, so close...

In fact, either one of you would have won at one point in the tournament...

But there can only be one winner's announcement...

With an insanely high average score of...

8.85!

The winner of Golden Hit Season 1...

Is...

:eli:

Which means the runner up of Golden Hit Season 1 is of course...

Neither of you! @8thPrince and @Jackson, you are officially BOTH crowned the winners of the debut season of Golden Hit! :party:

This result was honestly just as much of a shock to us as I'm sure it will be to you! But we can assure you there was no trickery, no last minute score manipulation, or judge bias in play... in fact we triple checked the spreadsheet since we thought there might have been some copy and paste issues, but nope! And I didn't lie in the teaser... the margin between you both WAS less than 0.01: it was 0!

Congratulations to you both on this fantastic result to a fantastic season. You really do both deserve the title of Winners of Golden Hit!

Winners-Ribbon-8thPrince.png Winners-Ribbon-Jackson.png

:soda::soda::soda::soda::soda::soda::soda::soda::soda::soda::soda::soda::soda::soda::soda::soda::soda::soda::soda::soda:

A tied up happy ending omg :jonny: Congrats to both of you!!!

:hoetenks:

OMG, I love this! TBH I was actually manifesting this earlier today while chatting with a couple people in the game but I didn't expect it to actually happen. Major congratulations @8thPrince!! You've been a legend in this game for years and didn't even need this win to cement your status, but it's so deserved and I'm so genuinely happy for you :jonny5:. Plus you probably got a 10 for your final song which is absolutely insane. I can't think of a more deserving person for the win

BTW, if anyone wants to read my song for this round or any song I've submitted for this game ever (minus the two I'm missing, RIP), here's a link to them all. I've been working on this for a while so this it seemed like a good time to post

Please, this is so funny. The two times I came in second, I lost to Jackson (R3) and 8thPrince (R6) and the two times I came in third (R4, Overall) there was a tie for the win and no #2. :deadbanana2:

So so so so so deserved :heart:

We found this out about 8 hours ago and I can’t tell you how shocked I was initially… like literally what are the chances? It’s absurd but it must be fate or something. I’m incredibly happy with this outcome ultimately because you both are amazing and it feels very in the spirit of Golden Hit that something like this can happened. The ties have been crazy this season, it seems @Augmented’s tie spell was shifted over to @8thPrince and @Jackson in the final round :jonnycat: a really lovely and happy ending to our first season. So proud of you both and overjoyed to call you both winners! :clap3: 

2 minutes ago, Achilles. said:

Please, this is so funny. The two times I came in second, I lost to Jackson (R3) and 8thPrince (R6) and the two times I came in third (R4, Overall) there was a tie for the win and no #2. :deadbanana2:

It's funny you should say that... @fountain @Element and I discussed it, and we all agreed that with the tie for #1, everyone can bump themselves up a rank! So whatever was your announced rank, subtract one, and that's your official, final rank overall.

Congrats to @Remmy on a Top 10 season!

• ATRL Moderator

Oh I finished 10th, thank you! <3

I don’t really recall if I read any of 8thPrince’s songs (I’d love to revisit them if you shared any here!), but the consistency of his excellence speaks for itself. 

I do remember reading most of Jackson’s songs and being left bald every time. I always knew you’d be ahead of me, and you deserve to be! I am in awe and envy of your writing. 

Huge congrats to both of you! :gaygacat4:

Talent won

Not me me missing this live cause my phone died. But reading through the last eleven pages all at once was a RIDE, and I was just in time for that suspenseful final reveal. A freaking tie, I’m shook. Huge congrats to both winners!!

fountain’s tributes :chick3: wheres that crying seal gif

5 minutes ago, Aurora said:

It's funny you should say that... @fountain @Element and I discussed it, and we all agreed that with the tie for #1, everyone can bump themselves up a rank! So whatever was your announced rank, subtract one, and that's your official, final rank overall.

Congrats to @Remmy on a Top 10 season!

Oh period!!! :sats::sats::sats:

1 minute ago, lex said:

fountain’s tributes :chick3: wheres that crying seal gif

forced-to-play.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.