Golden Hit: Season 1 📀 Congrats to 8thPrince and Jackson!! 🏆🏆

fountain

Island Records approved the song so we're about to send it in!! So even if the judges or GP disapprove at least a legit record label gave their blessing, not everyone can get that *emoji with silly face & tongue sticking out*

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fountain

• Aurora

• Remmy

• Hanami-Blossom

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, Remmy said:

Island Records approved the song so we're about to send it in!! So even if the judges or GP disapprove at least a legit record label gave their blessing, not everyone can get that *emoji with silly face & tongue sticking out*

4 minutes ago, Hug said:

?

??

Can’t wait for early lashings x 

20 hours ago, fountain said:

FrWMo0WT4DWBQoTHKfo-nI_v0vM9kSgPatgD308moWT7Ct-YkqSltB7twaMv0d9Z8xGnUrDQoZOa7l0PGy7tBow-B2WIOjCkqzLuMmH6FIjUBM0amtY3lJKJ51gmu8mKcedT0zvRx4-o37kiPQ

SCHEDULE ANNOUNCEMENT

This week, the round 2 results show will be happening on Sunday as opposed to Saturday. I personally will be busy on Saturday so won't be able to be present for them if we carry them out on Saturday, and in general it may be better to have more breathing space between the challenge deadline and the results show as to not put as much strain on the judges having to review and score 30+ entries in only 2 days. We obviously don't want to rush those things but it can also be hard to juggle with other responsibilities as it is quite time consuming due to the engagement with the game which is higher than we initially expected (but something we are thankful for!). The good thing about this: everything else will remain the same. The deadline for round 2 will still be Thursday 11:59PM EDT and round 3 will still be posted as planned on Saturday, there will just be a little overlap with the rounds as results for round 2 won't happen until Sunday (right now we are expecting this to be about 6-7PM EDT). Since I'm busy on Saturday you'll be getting my full reviews on Friday morning, so this should help make up for it; I'll also be preparing picture hints again as people seemed to enjoy when I did it for round 1.

Right now, we are just trialling this out for the current week, but if it is beneficial then we may decide to stick to this schedule moving forward.

Thank you for being understanding!

Bump for anybody who hasn’t seen

tldr: this weeks results will be taking place on Sunday

also latest sign up selections:

1. Achilles. - Taylor Swift

2. luckystrike - Troye Sivan

3. Astro - Nicki Minaj

4. Legend E - Kelly Clarkson

5. Hanami-Blossom - SISTAR

6. GentleDance - Fiona Apple

7. Jessie - Prince

8. Augmented - Lizzo

9. JoeAg - Kate Bush

10. ughgabriel - Zola Jesus

11. Hug - Xydo

12. OreGuy - Celine Dion

13. EpicSongFan - Mariah Carey

14. TruGemini - Jeremih
15. ☆lex - Bruce Springsteen

16. Arrows - Carly Rae Jepsen

17. Better Mistakes - Tove Lo

18. RobDeWittBukater - Britney Spears

19. boubour - Jaden Smith
20. DatChickDoe - LeAnn Rimes

21. Julia Fox - Lana Del Rey

22. hurricane326 - Joni Mitchell

23. Euterpe - Evanescence

24. Obsession - Miley Cyrus

25. Remmy - Sigrid

26. Lorenzo22 - Taylor Swift

27. 8thPrince - Yoasobi
28. Insanity - David Archuleta

29. D e v o n - Remi Wolf

30. Prisoner - Pink Floyd
31. mxtthewdelrey - Nessa Barrett

32. Tylerbv - Carrie Underwood

Submitted ?

This Remmy & Sigrid collaboration is coming to a streaming service near you real soon!! To prepare, listen to her best song~

12 minutes ago, Remmy said:

Submitted ?

This Remmy & Sigrid collaboration is coming to a streaming service near you real soon!! To prepare, listen to her best song~

It was so nice of her to travel all the way from Norway specifically to collaborate with you on this song :jonny5: Golden Hit making great things happen 

• ATRL Moderator

I was considering "rewriting" a line from a previous Kelly song, would that be allowed? :keir:

Also, is it allowed to name drop a few past songs? :keir:

4 minutes ago, Legend E said:

I was considering "rewriting" a line from a previous Kelly song, would that be allowed? :keir:

Also, is it allowed to name drop a few past songs? :keir:

No problem with either :cool:

• ATRL Moderator
Just now, fountain said:

No problem with either :cool:

How is the scoring working for this round? Like if we write a song that you think is good but doesn’t suit our chosen artist, will we be penalized for that?

Submitted :heart: The pre-chorus for this one took me ages and even now I'm still not wholly satisfied but at some point you just gotta let it go

Britney's cousin Laura Lynne unfollowed Britney on instagram! - Page 4 - Britney  Spears - BreatheHeavy | Exhale

7 minutes ago, Achilles. said:

How is the scoring working for this round? Like if we write a song that you think is good but doesn’t suit our chosen artist, will we be penalized for that?

Not exactly “penalised” per say, but the relevancy to the challenge at hand is definitely taken into consideration, as with every round. There were many entries last round that I thought should have incorporated elements more, and that does impact scores somewhat, but ultimately a good song is going to get a pretty good score regardless. It’s a little more open to interpretation this round since we won’t be familiar with every single artist and why you have chosen them and how you think your song represents them, but it still does have an effect. I imagine it will be lesser this round since it’s much more subjective, but the overall impression remains the same, which is that we want entries to tackle the challenge and if we don’t feel they do then it can impact scoring to a degree. 

1 hour ago, fountain said:

It was so nice of her to travel all the way from Norway specifically to collaborate with you on this song :jonny5: Golden Hit making great things happen 

She was in the states for a little album promo actually! Otherwise we would've probably had to do it over Zoom or whatever

now as for It Gets Dark being her BEST song... that's interesting :matty: We love her tracklist openers though! (not including the Raw EP)

Songs you're looking forward to?

Joni, Lana, Kate Bush, Pink Floyd, Mariah, Bruce, and the Taylor ones for my part  :duck:

14 minutes ago, GentleDance said:

Joni, Lana, Kate Bush, Pink Floyd, Mariah, Bruce, and the Taylor ones for my part  :duck:

Nobody picked any of my faves :fish2:

But I am looking forward to Fiona, Kate and Joni just based off their status alone. 

• ATRL Moderator

The way I'm about to serve #3-#32 

5 minutes ago, fountain said:

Nobody picked any of my faves :fish2:

But I am looking forward to Fiona, Kate and Joni just based off their status alone. 

My favs got plenty of love this round, surprised no one chose Lorde :gaycat6:

6 minutes ago, GentleDance said:

My favs got plenty of love this round, surprised no one chose Lorde :gaycat6:

Lorde would have been a great choice!

I would have loved to see somebody pick Amy Winehouse :chick3:

2 minutes ago, fountain said:

I would have loved to see somebody pick Amy Winehouse :chick3:

Awesome pick, let me go give her some streams :jonnycat:

2 minutes ago, GentleDance said:

Awesome pick, let me go give her some streams :jonnycat:

As we all should :jonnycat:

There’s a lot of ways it could be taken picking her, you could write a really fun and sarcastic song, or you could also go for something really poetic and touching. She could do both and I love both :chick3:

37 minutes ago, GentleDance said:

Foals, MUNA, James Bay, Maggie Rogers, Rina Sawayama albums + Isaac Dunbar and ELIO EPs :heart: and Ryn Weaver if she ever comes back

• ATRL Moderator

Sent and ready to be last, I'm not so proud of it

515757616_montyavi.thumb.png.6db29931ed3

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.