What happened to Mabel?

Alex

28 minutes ago, Plebhead8 said:

Coincidentally, made up by the same person who made this thread 

well the thread was about how she unfollowed Polydor on instagram which lead to obvious assumptions. It's not my fault her career isn't going anywhere at this point :michael:

she gave us this BOP and we let her down

9 hours ago, Raphy23 said:

I remember a thread on here that she was removed from the roster?

Which was false from the very start. Her album is still being released and her latest single was still under Polydor.

1 hour ago, Plebhead8 said:

But they claimed in the OP they haven’t heard from her since 2019 but seems to keep tabs on even who she follows, hmmmmm :clown:

What happens to everybody after the first album in the uk. The promo stops

3 hours ago, Plebhead8 said:

:rip:

The UK treats pop girls so badly it's crazy. Her, Anne Marie and RAYE were from the same era yet all of them flopped. :rip:

Neneh ended her

Jk I’m hoping she keeps flopping though and gets dropped so she can make good music again.

The gag is now her faceless dance music is flopping and people are eating up UK R&B she would see more success with that now compared to when she actually debuted. Ahead of her time

Dua is literally the only memorable pop girl the UK has produced since Adele, and even then that's down to the music and not her personality :skull: The rest are completely faceless. I bet if Mabel walked down the streets of London 98% of people would have no clue who she is.

Mabel, Jess Glynne, Rita, Raye, Anne-Marie, all those X Factor flops and even post-Electra Heart Marina and post-Halcyon Ellie are so unmemorable and all make bad Zumba class filler music. They need to produce more girls with a personality like Amy, Lily and Kate Nash.

Edited by Beyonnaise

5 hours ago, Plebhead8 said:

:dies:

14 hours ago, ChrisTheLoner said:

Mabel from Gravity Falls outsold :cm:

QOPbel outserved indeed :heart2:gravity falls GIF

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gwendolyn said:

The UK treats pop girls so badly it's crazy. Her, Anne Marie and RAYE were from the same era yet all of them flopped. :rip:

raye getting mismanaged after bagging hits year after year takes me out :deadbanana2:

there has to be some misogynistic + racist nonsense that allows these girls to get hits with any random white male DJ but not on their own 

OT: high expectations was cute for a mainstream album but polydor wants her to be another dua so bad

51 minutes ago, Beyonnaise said:

Dua is literally the only memorable pop girl the UK has produced since Adele, and even then that's down to the music and not her personality :skull: The rest are completely faceless. I bet if Mabel walked down the streets of London 98% of people would have no clue who she is.

Mabel, Jess Glynne, Rita, Raye, Anne-Marie, all those X Factor flops and even post-Electra Heart Marina and post-Halcyon Ellie are so unmemorable and all make bad Zumba class filler music. They need to produce more girls with a personality like Amy, Lily and Kate Nash.

End them :jonny:

5 hours ago, dangerousalex said:

well the thread was about how she unfollowed Polydor on instagram which lead to obvious assumptions. It's not my fault her career isn't going anywhere at this point :michael:

Keeping close tabs on Instagram following lists isn't very "haven't heard of her since 2019" of you..  :michael:

Love her bust she didn't release anything hit worthy after her debut. 

And we all know how the UK loves dumping pop girls in their sophomore era

1 hour ago, worldwide angel said:

raye getting mismanaged after bagging hits year after year takes me out :deadbanana2:

there has to be some misogynistic + racist nonsense that allows these girls to get hits with any random white male DJ but not on their own 

OT: high expectations was cute for a mainstream album but polydor wants her to be another dua so bad

I think it's just the UK GPs horrible taste buds, pop doesn't do well in the charts anymore, UK hiphop has fallen off and rn the gp is left with generic capital fm dance music.

The UK eats up terrible dance music.

Her core fanbase that love her R&B/pop abandoned her after she fully embraced these dance-pop sound and the UK GP just don't care for her new music either :deadbanana4:

Following Becky Hill footsteps obviously doesn't worked on her favor

2 hours ago, Beyonnaise said:

1 hour ago, Perfect Crime said:

End them :jonny:

leave queen RAYE out of this. :biblio:

1 hour ago, worldwide angel said:

not only misogynistic but the fact raye's contract was sooo outdated she was only allowed to be able to release an album if she was able to get a top 10 hit of her own :rip: 

that on top of the fact that Polydor never truly pushed her own songs is still sooo frustrating, so glad she's out of that sh*thole 

Her and her sister Sable are still successfully running a family operated small business in the Animal Crossing universe. Worry about your own damn self!

Her show ended

Mabel Pines | Facebook

22 hours ago, BOOMBAYAH said:

Most UK pop girls have a hit or two then fade into oblivion. Dua is an anomaly. 

This 

Doesn't she have a new song with Jax Jones?

17 hours ago, Raphy23 said:

She was dropped. 

No she wasn't.

3 hours ago, Gwendolyn said:

Eh, this doesn't really apply to Anne-Marie. Her second album debuted at #2, higher than her first, she's had two top tens in the last year including a #2 peak, and she's doing an arena tour. Her success hasn't translated worldwide but she's still doing pretty well in the UK

She started releasing generic, basic, pop music. 

High Expectations was a perfect mix of her R&B stuff and the mainstream pop, but now she wants to ditch all those elements that made her popular and that garnered her an audience.

2 hours ago, Gwendolyn said:

I think it's just the UK GPs horrible taste buds, pop doesn't do well in the charts anymore, UK hiphop has fallen off and rn the gp is left with generic capital fm dance music.

The UK eats up terrible dance music.

Grime and Drill are still popular. Dave had a #1 single a few weeks back, Digga D's album did well too I think.

19 hours ago, duasloves said:

Y’all always get on here and talk **** about Mabel like it’s her fault that she was forced by her record label to move from r&b to dance music. I think the rather bland single choices from the ALN era so far have given off the sort of message that she’s disposable which is not true whatsoever. She has multiple really good club bangers sitting on her hard drive but they just aren’t getting released.

She’s signed with Polydor, the same label that turned Raye from an r&b artist to a dance artist and mistreated her for years. She’s trapped with them and I highly doubt that she has any say in this whatsoever. If Polydor were out of the picture I really think she’d still be doing r&b.

Plus, it’s not like her old music has disappeared. It’s still there, readily available to listen to.

But it seems like Mabel actively wants to be a popstar, it's not just the label. She is onboard with becoming an Ariana and Dua hybrid-popstar.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.