What happened to Mabel?

Alex

this BOP came on shuffle today but i haven’t really heard of her since, and i checked her spotify but there’s been no new album since her 2019 compilation. what’s going on?

Nepotism & payola can only take you so far

AI9y2k3.gif

She had a quick lil viral and that's it. Not her fault people here thought she was going to be a mpg :dies: Her label probably also thought the same and she might be having a lot of issues releasing more music.

They need to understand that's she's gonna flop. And that's fine. Music not the bling.

Y'all love use the "faceless music" and that's exactly what she is

Ugly music and her name sounds like a Silent Generation baby name

moonlitdick

Not sure but I loved her in 2018 & 2019, Ariana’s daughter deserved better

DCMU was a blip. it deservedly smashed but she didn’t have anything as strong before or after and probably never will again. 

She's faceless and doesn't standout.

Most UK pop girls have a hit or two then fade into oblivion. Dua is an anomaly. 

1 hour ago, dangerousalex said:

this BOP came on shuffle today but i haven’t really heard of her since, and i checked her spotify but there’s been no new album since her 2019 compilation. what’s going on?

Why are you lying so hard  :laugh:

She sold her soul and went from making quality R&B to faceless dance trash. People bopped for a bit until they realized it was all disposable, and now her label's treating her the way she treated her music. Disposed of.

Y’all always get on here and talk **** about Mabel like it’s her fault that she was forced by her record label to move from r&b to dance music. I think the rather bland single choices from the ALN era so far have given off the sort of message that she’s disposable which is not true whatsoever. She has multiple really good club bangers sitting on her hard drive but they just aren’t getting released.

She’s signed with Polydor, the same label that turned Raye from an r&b artist to a dance artist and mistreated her for years. She’s trapped with them and I highly doubt that she has any say in this whatsoever. If Polydor were out of the picture I really think she’d still be doing r&b.

Plus, it’s not like her old music has disappeared. It’s still there, readily available to listen to.

5 hours ago, magazine said:

She had a quick lil viral and that's it. Not her fault people here thought she was going to be a mpg :dies: Her label probably also thought the same and she might be having a lot of issues releasing more music.

They need to understand that's she's gonna flop. And that's fine. Music not the bling.

:dies: not everyone is cut out to be a big star and that’s fine

internet Stan’s are really gassing us some of these singers head

She was dropped. 

58 minutes ago, Raphy23 said:

She was dropped. 

She wasn't.

She made enough coins from that 1 song and said "I'm out" 

Mabel from Gravity Falls outsold :cm:

1 hour ago, Popboi. said:

She wasn't.

I remember a thread on here that she was removed from the roster?

7 hours ago, Raphy23 said:

I remember a thread on here that she was removed from the roster?

Coincidentally, made up by the same person who made this thread 

10 hours ago, duasloves said:

Y’all always get on here and talk **** about Mabel like it’s her fault that she was forced by her record label to move from r&b to dance music. I think the rather bland single choices from the ALN era so far have given off the sort of message that she’s disposable which is not true whatsoever. She has multiple really good club bangers sitting on her hard drive but they just aren’t getting released.

She’s signed with Polydor, the same label that turned Raye from an r&b artist to a dance artist and mistreated her for years. She’s trapped with them and I highly doubt that she has any say in this whatsoever. If Polydor were out of the picture I really think she’d still be doing r&b.

Plus, it’s not like her old music has disappeared. It’s still there, readily available to listen to.

Thinking of you is that bop! :jonny:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.