Should Pitbulls be banned as pets?

Delirious

Pitbulls..  

162 members have voted

1. 1. Select as many that apply

• Should be banned as pets
    • Only attack because of bad owners
    • Are born to kill as its in thier DNA
    • Pitbulls arent the worst but actually chihuahuas are (lol)
    • Pitbulls are not violent at all as i have one and theyre the sweetest thing ever

Now before you make your choice or say something, i recommend going to the Ban Pitbulls reddit for some info.

Pitbulls are 100% confirmed to cause the majority of dogs attacks by a very large margin.

https://www.reddit.com/r/BanPitBulls/

Also stream :bibliahh:

Edited by Delirious

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Delirious

• AlanRickman1946

• Cherish

• DirtyPony87

Should be banned yes 

11 minutes ago, Delirious said:

Pitbulls are 100% confirmed to cause the majority of dogs attacks by a very large margin.

https://www.reddit.com/r/BanPitBulls/

Correlation does not mean causation. 

Maybe if there was scientific proof that pit bulls are genetically more violent. 

Yes

Whenever someone is attacked by a dog it’s usually a pitbull, they’re violent (and ugly) dogs. 

Luckily there’s not many here in the UK. :coffee2: 

2 minutes ago, Vroom Vroom said:

Correlation does not mean causation. 

Maybe if there was scientific proof that pit bulls are genetically more violent. 

There is actually scientific proof....search it up

I think their owners should be SEVERELY PUNISHED for negligence with them .

That will solve the issue 

Hell no, it all comes down to the responsibility of Owner

1 minute ago, Pheromosa said:

I think their owners should be SEVERELY PUNISHED for negligence with them .

That will solve the issue 

!!!

yes :sorry:

No, most of the dogs that attack are usually taught to do so, so don't blame the animal when the person himself is what leaded to that behaviour.

in the US at least it's legal to keep way more dangerous animals than pitbulls :skull: there should be more laws against it though tbh yeah, humans are weird with wanting to collect all these exotic and dangerous animals like property.

for pitbulls, idk. i'd say what other users in here said that the responsibility and harsh consequences should fall on the owner. I had a pitbull actually kinda jump at me just yesterday at the park, but luckily the owner pulled it back and it was fine :michael:

Edited by Orsay

omg that subreddit :mazen:

TRIGGER WARNING

I once came across of a crossposted video from the subreddit of a naked man laying on the ground while two pitbulls were mauling him down there. it was probably a murder attempt since people were filming it

Edited by Pendulum

• ATRL Moderator

Absolutely not.

I had a pitbull growing up and it was one of the sweetest animals I ever had. I grew up in the country and we had a lot of animals around.   One point, we started finding our cats mauled to death and we assumed that it was the pitbull, however we found out it was our Yorkie mix digging underneath our house and killing the cats, and the pitbull never had anything to do with it.  

Yup. I was chased by one and I can never trust those dogs again. I only owned dogs who if planning to bite me, I can easily fend off like a Miniature Pinscher.

Also a friend of mine owned rescue dogs in his lifetime: Mutts, Dalmatian, Chihuahua, Rottweiler etc... One way or another he was bitten by them. Surprisingly, the only dog he wasn't bitten was his own pet Pitbull whom he owned when it was still a puppy, it mauled him though and took a little chunk of flesh in his leg. That dog just turned into hellmode.

22 minutes ago, Orsay said:

in the US at least it's legal to keep way more dangerous animals than pitbulls :skull: there should be more laws against it though tbh yeah, humans are weird with wanting to collect all these exotic and dangerous animals like property.

for pitbulls, idk. i'd say what other users in here said that the responsibility and harsh consequences should fall on the owner. I had a pitbull actually kinda jump at me just yesterday at the park, but luckily the owner pulled it back and it was fine :michael:

um if the owner has to physically stop it from attacking you...what happens when the leash is just a little too loose or a kid walks too close to it? no one has superhuman reflexes

its also unethical af and basically torture to be "nerfing" pitbulls if its genuinely in their nature to be aggressive. they should only be allowed in environments where they can do as their nature commands

they def need good owners, this is not a dog for everyone..and dogs aren't all the same, just because someone have a very sweet and harmless Pitbull that doesn't mean they are all like that

since i saw the chihuahua option..that's stupid imo, they are small and even if they bite they can't do much..Pibulls or other big dogs can hurt you for real, they can't even if they want to..and being this small is the reason for their behavior

and like i said they aren't all like that, i have 2 and while the girl can bite you the boy is the sweetest and scared by his own shadow lol

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.