Should Pitbulls be banned as pets?

Delirious

Pitbulls..  

162 members have voted

1. 1. Select as many that apply

• Should be banned as pets
    • Only attack because of bad owners
    • Are born to kill as its in thier DNA
    • Pitbulls arent the worst but actually chihuahuas are (lol)
    • Pitbulls are not violent at all as i have one and theyre the sweetest thing ever

The ones who picked chihuahua i...that was a joke ya know ?

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Delirious

• AlanRickman1946

• Cherish

• byzantium

I don't trust Pitbulls or German Shepherds at all

Pitbulls are aggressive and volatile by nature. They’re not supposed to be pets. Every owner whose pit attacked some harmless baby or passerby must’ve said “oh he’s such a sweet baby!!” at some point but the damage was already done. Neither do most people know how to train them nor do they have the reflexes or strength to stop such a large pit from attacking others. All these owners can go to hell because your “sweet little pibbles” is a danger to other people. How many cases before we realise that these dogs are trained killers? I actually feel bad for them sometimes because they constantly have to work against their instinct to maul and hunt because of unsuccessful forced domestication. Just look at the Reddit sub r/BanPitbulls. Look at the kind of damage these dogs have caused to innocent people and other animals. The top most voted post is of a lady in a wheelchair whose house got broken in by somebody’s pit bull and he ate her cat. It was HORRIBLE. She was crying so much and she couldn’t even do anything because she was in a wheelchair. 

OT: Not banned but they should not allowed to be kept as pets unless the owner has gone through a strict physical and mental training on how to tame them. These animals are dangerous to other animals and humans.

Edited by Anna-Artdeco

11 hours ago, peroxideblonde said:

they def need good owners, this is not a dog for everyone..and dogs aren't all the same, just because someone have a very sweet and harmless Pitbull that doesn't mean they are all like that

since i saw the chihuahua option..that's stupid imo, they are small and even if they bite they can't do much..Pibulls or other big dogs can hurt you for real, they can't even if they want to..and being this small is the reason for their behavior

and like i said they aren't all like that, i have 2 and while the girl can bite you the boy is the sweetest and scared by his own shadow lol

i put the chihuahua option as a joke.

A LOT of pitbull owners say tht chihuahua's are like 10000x more dangerous and i didn't actually expect people to vote for it :bibliahh::rip:

No, I had a friend that owned one and she was the most sweetest dog I've ever met.

Problem with pitbulls are the owners themselves.

6 hours ago, Anna-Artdeco said:

Pitbulls are aggressive and volatile by nature. They’re not supposed to be pets. Every owner whose pit attacked some harmless baby or passerby must’ve said “oh he’s such a sweet baby!!” at some point but the damage was already done. Neither do most people know how to train them nor do they have the reflexes or strength to stop such a large pit from attacking others. All these owners can go to hell because your “sweet little pibbles” is a danger to other people. How many cases before we realise that these dogs are trained killers? I actually feel bad for them sometimes because they constantly have to work against their instinct to maul and hunt because of unsuccessful forced domestication. Just look at the Reddit sub r/BanPitbulls. Look at the kind of damage these dogs have caused to innocent people and other animals. The top most voted post is of a lady in a wheelchair whose house got broken in by somebody’s pit bull and he ate her cat. It was HORRIBLE. She was crying so much and she couldn’t even do anything because she was in a wheelchair. 

OT: Not banned but they should not allowed to be kept as pets unless the owner has gone through a strict physical and mental training on how to tame them. These animals are dangerous to other animals and humans.

This tbh

Ban all dogs, yes. There's a reason why the number of documented attacks by cats are in the single digits and dwarfed by dogs. 

it's not the dog's fault, it's the owner's fault for not training them

i have a few friends with TRAINED pitbulls and they're the kindest animals I've ever seen

7 hours ago, Delirious said:

A LOT of pitbull owners say tht chihuahua's are like 10000x more dangerous and i didn't actually expect people to vote for it :bibliahh::rip:

I know i know it was about the people who thinks that about chihuahuas..you can't really do much if youre attacked by pittbulls, while u can defend yourself easily with chihuahuas

2 hours ago, Communion said:

Ban all dogs, yes. There's a reason why the number of documented attacks by cats are in the single digits and dwarfed by dogs. 

banning all dogs is a HUUUUGGEEEE stretch tho. Like a chihuahua is so small. If it attacks you, you can literally punch it once and it faints (well unless youre a baby)

Not ban but strong and violence breed's owner should be required a specific license just to own them 

So ban pitbulls after humans breed & train them to be aggresive:skull:

I’m very conflicted with this… one of my cousins used to live with me for 4 years and she had a Pitbull. He was like a giant baby, was scared of everything, on garbage day he would spend the whole day shaking and crying and if there was a storm same thing. He got along great with my other 2 dogs (both that were smaller than him) and he was even scared of our cats and chickens. He loved new people too. But i have heard the horror stories so i personally would never get one. 

13 hours ago, Communion said:

PURR :clap3: 

3 hours ago, Youtakemehigher said:

I’m very conflicted with this… one of my cousins used to live with me for 4 years and she had a Pitbull. He was like a giant baby, was scared of everything, on garbage day he would spend the whole day shaking and crying and if there was a storm same thing. He got along great with my other 2 dogs (both that were smaller than him) and he was even scared of our cats and chickens. He loved new people too. But i have heard the horror stories so i personally would never get one. 

I remember reading that pitbulls are solitary and territoral dogs and if you raise them with other animals, they grow to become much more violent

Some of y'all really gotta stop blaming animals for how their owners treat them. Millions of people have pitbulls as pets as there isn't a single incident. Why? Because they're trained and their owners take care to treat them well, teach them to socialize, and then the dog grows up to be perfectly fine just like any other breed. It's all in the owner, end of story. 

I would never go near these dogs from hell. They often have incredibly shady owners too. So yes, ban them.

8 hours ago, Daddy said:

I would never go near these dogs from hell. They often have incredibly shady owners too. So yes, ban them.

Please, I've been more scared of Chihuahua's than pitbulls :dies:  

6 minutes ago, Cherish said:

Please, I've been more scared of Chihuahua's than pitbulls :dies:  

How? You can easily kick them a few yards. I would have to kill or beat a Pitbull unconscious to not get mauled.

(I would make sure that dog wouldn't see another day in his life if possible and drain the owners bank accounts too)

2 minutes ago, Daddy said:

How? You can easily kick them a few yards. I would have to kill or beat a Pitbull unconscious to not get mauled.

(I would make sure that dog wouldn't see another day in his life if possible and drain the owners bank accounts too)

Well first off, I don't believe in killing/mauling dogs :deadvision:Second, it's like a spider, respect its space and you won't get beat. 

6 minutes ago, Cherish said:

Well first off, I don't believe in killing/mauling dogs :deadvision:Second, it's like a spider, respect its space and you won't get beat. 

Videos of attacks say otherwise sis. Them entering closed off yards to attack dogs and owners on their property etc. If I had to defend myself I would off that monster. What does "believing in killing dogs even mean"? They are the best animals in the world. Just not one that's out for blood.

You don't hear about people trying to get Golden Retrievers to be banned. Plus the statistics are on my side. Here they have to be muzzled at all times and they are banned from many places in Germany, which is great!

Just now, Daddy said:

Videos of attacks say otherwise sis. Them entering closed off yards to attack dogs and owners on their property etc. If I had to defend myself I would off that monster. What does "believing in killing dogs even mean"? They are the best animals in the world. Just not one that's out for blood.

You don't hear about people trying to get Golden Retrievers to be banned. Plus the statistics are on my side. Here they have to be muzzled at all times and they are banned from many places in Germany, which is great!

I'm just gonna say you probably grew up thinking they're monsters. I've met multiple pitbulls that are the sweetest. 

No, but I never even saw one irl, maybe I'd be pressed like people on that subreddit if they were popular here.

I saw a tiktok today, a pitbull (or a different breed, not sure) was pulling on this woman's arm and she claimed it was harmless and just fun but she was lowkey fighting for her life :skull: 

On 5/6/2022 at 8:07 AM, Delirious said:

I voted for that as a joke :rip: I didn't know they say that, the delusion. 

On 5/6/2022 at 2:31 PM, Communion said:

My cat attacks me all the time, it would be over for me if he had strength of a pitbull :mandown:

Yes, Pitbulls were bred specifically to be violent and attack other dogs/people.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.