5 Million bees dead after Delta Airlines shipping "mistake".

Symmetra

About 5 million honeybees bound for Alaska last weekend got waylaid when Delta Air Lines routed them through Atlanta, where most of the bees died after being left for hours in crates on the ground during hot weather.

The bees were the first of two shipments ordered by Alaska beekeeper Sarah McElrea from a distributor in California. The bees were to be used to pollinate apple orchards and nurseries in Alaska, where they are not native.

But the bees were bumped from their original route to Anchorage, Alaska, and instead put on a flight to Atlanta, where they were to be transferred to an Anchorage-bound plane, according to published reports.

Delta called it an “unfortunate situation.”

https://abcnews.go.com/Business/wireStory/millions-bees-pollination-die-airline-shipping-84400012

They need to be fined :biblionny:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Trent W

• FOCK

• Blue Monday

• Kamil24

this is ******* horrific wtf, they really need to be held responsible

Yeah this can’t go unpunished.

Bees are extremely important for our ecosystem.

The end is near :ace:

Not at everyone outraged by this but no vegan and eat honey at the same time like

6 minutes ago, Delirious said:

Not at everyone outraged by this but no vegan and eat honey at the same time like

Being vegan would be a lot more acceptable if people like you didn’t open their mouths all the time about it

9 minutes ago, Delirious said:

I hope they kill another 5 million!

Is that what you want people to say instead? 

This is horrifying! Definitely done on purpose :mazen:

I hate bees but this is so sad :dancehall3:

but also: how safe is it to introduce those bees in Alaska? Hopefully they know what they're doing :biblio:

Aren’t bees being exploited in the almond industry as well? ):

& now this? Us humans are truly the worst 

I hope their dead bodies don't go to waste and can be used as food for other animals! lqbt-pride.gif

57 minutes ago, Delirious said:

What is this false equivalence :deadbanana:

Imagine dying together with another 4,999,999 people in a freaking create :hoetenks: RIP

:biblio: humans are so damn negligent. I’m sure they wouldn’t have liked to be in that situation.

10 hours ago, Taylucifer said:

aren’t bees becoming extinct? :chick3:

Yes and I don’t think the majority of people understand how terrible this is. Without bees our entire feeding system would collapse 

not 5 million wtf! :biblio:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.