• RideOrDie

• karron0624

• Ampersand13

Top Posters In This Topic

• ATRL Moderator
1 minute ago, RideOrDie said:

are you? x 

Spoiler

You already know I'd do the nastiest, unholy, and saccharine things for you, literally anything 

Welcome to the club!

Some advice though. Don’t let lifestyle creep make you live paycheck to paycheck! And don’t forget where you came from, that struggle made us strong. 

• ATRL Moderator

Congratulations, genuinely! I'm heading to grad school in the fall so I've got a ways to go, but I'm hoping to join you one day :dancehall:

Congrats. Anything about $100k is the only livable wage in most countries. 

congrats and buy Hold My Hand :celestial:

Agreed with everyone to be careful with spending as you’ll be tempted to spend more. Invest a good percentage in 401k and your future! 

#EatTheRich

giphy.gif

Edited by Symmetra

congrats!!! i know it definitely took lots of hard work to get there. remember your 20s are the perfect time to work and save as much as possible and invest that money!!! it’s how the rich stay rich lol. have fun treating yourself because you definitely deserve it, but get those investments in order bestie! your future self will thank you so much 

Congrats! I’m only making $60k right now but I also live in AL so it goes a little farther. Hopefully once I get my second degree I can find something that pays even more :michael: are you single income?

omg we make exactly the same lol.

Well I made $120K + 10% bonus + 10% sign up bonus last year when I was 29, I’m 30 now.

I’m in digital marketing though..

My next step is $170K (interviewing right now)

Damn that's more than half a million in my country. Basically only judges and very few people get that.

Edited by VelvetCrush

Congrats who cares about a JYP girlgroup? they will go as unnoticed as CLC went for Cube icon :clap3:

Congrats. That's almost enough to afford the shipping fees on KTOWN4U.  :clap:

I’m actually in a similar position, but still think it will take me a while to pay of student loans and buy a home.  East Coast rent sucks.  

1 hour ago, X~MoviePoP said:

Well whats the job tho??

I work in leadership in pharmaceuticals! I recently switched and kind of like a mini auditor ensuring the company is manufacturing products properly to ensure patient safety

Edited by Gaia

1 hour ago, Tropez said:

Not really. 

You can live perfectly fine earning much less than that in many countries. I earn less than half that and I’m living just fine in London and would be living much better in other parts of the UK. 

Salaries in the U.S are a lot higher than many countries, but when you take into account healthcare costs it kinda evens things up. 

OT: Congrats! :clap3: 

1 hour ago, Twilish said:

Congrats King :clap3:

While I’m 25 and still making scraps but we will get there someday :gaycat4:

Someday! I just got very lucky/fortunate and was always at the right place at the right time! I also know my worth and always demand increases in salary when I start doing more work than my contract originally asked for

1 hour ago, jordanjm said:

Welcome to the club!

Some advice though. Don’t let lifestyle creep make you live paycheck to paycheck! And don’t forget where you came from, that struggle made us strong. 

100%! I have to catch myself sometimes. I have a house already and a new electric car. I really don’t need anything else. I just need to travel occasionally and put most into investments and paying student loans. 

1 hour ago, Ampersand13 said:

Congratulations, genuinely! I'm heading to grad school in the fall so I've got a ways to go, but I'm hoping to join you one day :dancehall:

I’m starting my masters program this year! I wanted to wait until I worked and made a wage to afford grad school without adding more debt. I found an accredited online program that is only $4500 every 6 months which I can afford without a loan now. And hopefully after my salary can increase to $150k since I already have the experience as well.

1 hour ago, Tropez said:

It’s sad! Livable wage should be a wage most people make. The minimum wage in Texas is still the federal of 7.50! It’s insane. 

1 hour ago, Dei said:

Agreed with everyone to be careful with spending as you’ll be tempted to spend more. Invest a good percentage in 401k and your future! 

Yeah! Plan on putting at least 10% every month into investing (outside of 401k) since I was already comfortable financially before the raise. Hopefully I can retire by 45-50 and enjoy my later years traveling and dying in peace instead of working at 80yo :rip: 

1 hour ago, saintspice said:

congrats!!! i know it definitely took lots of hard work to get there. remember your 20s are the perfect time to work and save as much as possible and invest that money!!! it’s how the rich stay rich lol. have fun treating yourself because you definitely deserve it, but get those investments in order bestie! your future self will thank you so much 

That’s the plan! But I need to find a financial counselor I can trust because I want to make smart investments and not just Google stuff. 

58 minutes ago, Redstreak said:

Congrats! I’m only making $60k right now but I also live in AL so it goes a little farther. Hopefully once I get my second degree I can find something that pays even more :michael: are you single income?

I am single income! $60k is fantastic! When I was making $58k in LA I was already well enough to not live paycheck to paycheck exactly. So I’m sure in AL that’s very comfortable. 

46 minutes ago, 1000 forms of queer said:

omg we make exactly the same lol.

Well I made $120K + 10% bonus + 10% sign up bonus last year when I was 29, I’m 30 now.

I’m in digital marketing though..

My next step is $170K (interviewing right now)

Digital based jobs scare me. Anything digital or tech seems too difficult :skull: 

41 minutes ago, VelvetCrush said:

Damn that's more than half a million in my country. Basically only judges and very few people get that.

Land of capitalist America :deadbanana4: I’m not even rich, just middle class. Need to find a bae with a career so we can be upper class :sistrens: 

38 minutes ago, jqnetto said:

Congrats who cares about a JYP girlgroup? they will go as unnoticed as CLC went for Cube icon :clap3:

Iconic moment lead to me where I am. The constant drags I received gave me motivation to work harder :jonny: 

8 minutes ago, Taylena said:

Congrats. That's almost enough to afford the shipping fees on KTOWN4U.  :clap:

I still don’t think I’m willing to spend more on shipping than the album. I’m still frugal with shipping prices :skull: 

6 minutes ago, unclefloprry said:

send me some coins king :-*

Student loans first!

2 minutes ago, byzantium said:

I’m actually in a similar position, but still think it will take me a while to pay of student loans and buy a home.  East Coast rent sucks.  

Move to south east coast! I’m from Georgia and it’s not bad there :rip: 

2 hours ago, Gaia said:

The GROWTH :jonny: Time to buy all the Kpop albums from 2017-2019 I skipped out on :jonny5:

Don't forget to mass buy the upcoming Exo album

1024e193f870b8728c13c144219af3e4.gif

if your budget allows, make sure to have a 6-9 month emergency fund in an online savings account

and if you have not done so, open a roth IRA and contribute the maximum 6k every year :)

Welcome to the club sis!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.