Kim Petras(‘ music) held hostage by label

Whis

2 hours ago, Communion said:

It means that you cultivated a forum personality solely centered around mocking a victim of rape because you liked another singer and thought the cruelty of your posts were funny and edgy and now find yourself in the middle of the night lashing out at what is probably the only place on the internet where more than 4 homosexuals care about her, despite this unfortunate event being no one else's fault but Kim's for her bad decision, and possibly fake fans like you who encouraged it to be edgy. :skull:

To where you find yourself now on a pop forum fighting for your life, personally attacking multiple members, and saying nasty nicknames about a rape survivor unprompted because sometimes life comes at you fast. I hope you see now signing with Luke was a mistake.

giphy.gif?cid=5e2148864ed2men4qwciou3lsn

End that weirdo. 

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Alfred

• Bicassie

• gettsleazy

• cyclone

16 minutes ago, TrueBlood said:

The amount of hate is just unbearable. As I said before, the whole "X does this therefore X deserves this" is the same logic behind people justifying death penalty. It's the same logic rapists use in most cases to justify their actions. One should learn to avoid even thinking in such a basic and unproductive manner in order to be a more complex individual with a wider range of emotions/feelings than a plastic spoon.

As far as I know, karma works against spreading hate too.

People spreading hate towards Kim are just as bad but from what I'm seeing people mostly  simply state that this situation is a consequence of her actions and who she decided to side with. She's been working with Luke for years, she must have known which contracts does Luke sign to his artists. She honestly should've stayed independent so that she could release music on her own terms

3 minutes ago, bestfiction said:

People spreading hate towards Kim are just as bad but from what I'm seeing people mostly  simply state that this situation is a consequence of her actions and who she decided to side with. She's been working with Luke for years, she must have known which contracts does Luke sign to his artists. She honestly should've stayed independent so that she could release music on her own terms

I agree with you on the fact that she should have stayed independent, but her working with Dr. Luke isn't the reason why she's in a limbo with her label, they're not punishing her for that given that it was probably the main reason she was signed in first place. They probably had too big expectations while doing a poor job in actually giving her the chances to have a decent hit (Coconuts was just THERE, they wasted the biggest momentum of her career). But when you actually compare the streams, she's still doing fine for her standards. **** Pop had like 25M combined streams, Coconuts alone had 15M streams, which is a comparable streaming number to the likes of Charli XCX or Carly Rae Jepsen, bar their singles.

3 hours ago, Communion said:

It means that you cultivated a forum personality solely centered around mocking a victim of rape because you liked another singer and thought the cruelty of your posts were funny and edgy and now find yourself in the middle of the night lashing out at what is probably the only place on the internet where more than 4 homosexuals care about her, despite this unfortunate event being no one else's fault but Kim's for her bad decision, and possibly fake fans like you who encouraged it to be edgy. :skull:

To where you find yourself now on a pop forum fighting for your life, personally attacking multiple members, and saying nasty nicknames about a rape survivor unprompted because sometimes life comes at you fast. I hope you see now signing with Luke was a mistake.

microwave ha :bibliahh:

OT: aww. anyways! 

She really gave us a peak behind the curtain with her first post. Now she’s currently backtracking cause the label contacted her to take it back. Atleast she has finally confirmed our suspicions that she in album limbo cause of her constant lack of success. I’m sad that I was proven right all along since I confronted her on stationhead in January asking her if she is in album limbo and she called me rude on call and then left the streaming party. I immediately knew that I hit a nerve and that this album wasn’t coming until she had a hit. :deadbanana:

Can someone just leak the album already? I’m so over this 

1 hour ago, Bicassie said:

She really gave us a peak behind the curtain with her first post. Now she’s currently backtracking cause the label contacted her to take it back. Atleast she has finally confirmed our suspicions that she in album limbo cause of her constant lack of success. I’m sad that I was proven right all along since I confronted her on stationhead in January asking her if she is in album limbo and she called me rude on call and then left the streaming party. I immediately knew that I hit a nerve and that this album wasn’t coming until she had a hit. :deadbanana:

I guess future really starts now, if now is in 2025.

Bicassie

• ATRL Moderator

Did she not listen to any of the testimony given by Kesha at all, or did she just think it could never happen to her?

This situation sucks - I don't understand why Republic is holding her hostage. I don't get why they ever do - just dump it on streaming and move on, the money has been spent.

Also Sl*t Pop is sooo good, one of my fave projects from her she really served. I get that uptight weirdos on ATRL who spend all day pretending to be offended by things to get mods on their side aren't exactly the most sex positive people in the world but sheesh, lighten up, it's some heavy EDM dance pop about bottoming and BJs. You don't need to analyse it. 

1 minute ago, Tropical said:

This situation sucks - I don't understand why Republic is holding her hostage. I don't get why they ever do - just dump it on streaming and move on, the money has been spent.

Also Sl*t Pop is sooo good, one of my fave projects from her she really served. I get that uptight weirdos on ATRL who spend all day pretending to be offended by things to get mods on their side aren't exactly the most sex positive people in the world but sheesh, lighten up, it's some heavy EDM dance pop about bottoming and BJs. You don't need to analyse it. 

The problem with slutpop is that they dropped what were essentially album rejects instead of the album. These songs aren’t as good as the album songs and that made it extremely annoying since we are still waiting for the better songs to get put out. No one asked for slutpop and we’re seemingly never getting this album :deadbanana: 

Not everyone is meant to be a star I get nothing from her.  She has a small cult following but that's it. She has no break out hit! 700k Instagram followers not even a million. It's obvious the label is trying to build her brand. She wants to release album and sell under 5k? 

@BlackoutZone and @Enigmanotta are so lucky to have this album. I know that ya’ll will never leak it to the masses but goddamnit we are going through it and yes we are desperate so pls consider it if ya’ll ever catch wind that it will get completely scrapped/shelved. 

this is beyond cruel and we are desperate :cries:

7 hours ago, Alfred said:

chile please, ATRL has always been against Kim. 

this is a lie :skull:

everyone was rooting for her back when she released TOTL and Clarity because the music was GOOD and we could simply ignore whatever was happening behind the scenes :coffee2:

Slvt Pop is a steaming pile of horse shlt and it ruined her career, so i don’t feel sorry for her

56 minutes ago, popstyle said:

Not everyone is meant to be a star I get nothing from her.  She has a small cult following but that's it. She has no break out hit! 700k Instagram followers not even a million. It's obvious the label is trying to build her brand. She wants to release album and sell under 5k? 

We're now comparing IG followers? :rip: Doja Cat is a flop, I guess.

12 minutes ago, TrueBlood said:

We're now comparing IG followers? :rip: Doja Cat is a flop, I guess.

lbr 700k insta followers is abysmal for a major label female pop singer

Deserved after releasing pure trash when she had such a stellar pop discography before

The ammount of people believinng in Karma :bibliahh:I mean, just look around...

OT: love Kim but she has to own her terrible choices.

7 hours ago, Communion said:

Get ha!!

ot: karma

7 hours ago, Communion said:

ajshdkfkdkdlsl :deadbanana2:

People have been telling her that Luke is a problem for YEARS yet she still chose to effectively end her career by associating with him, first by defending him and ruining her image and now by signing with him and putting her music in limbo. It’s impossible to feel sorry for her because the reality has all been there for years yet she herself chose to be ignorant every step of the way just because she was benefitting from her relationship with him at the time, and now that she is not who’s laughing now? Karma is real :michael:

TBH she shouldn't have signed with a major label if she wanted to put out music.

8 hours ago, Communion said:

This is a fatality i-

:rip:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.