• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• shelven

• Jude

• wehavetostan

• halcyonday

yeah streaming made it so easy these days :rip: there should be 2 seperate lists at this point cuz the old songs can't compete with the power of streaming

Ridiculous at this point. :rip: 

Thinking Of You
7 minutes ago, Green said:

20. Kim Carnes - Bette Davis Eyes  1,225,344

The way this woman literally predicted the sound of the decade with this song. I was so surprised when I found out this song came out in 1981. I thought it was from 1986 or something. She just knew what the future would sound like. That’s insane. 

• ATRL Moderator

Billboard needs to recalibrate the points for songs from 2017 to now because it's so silly. If they continue with the point system they have own, half of the top 10 will be songs released within the past 5 years. Stay is not one of the biggest songs of all time yet, and we shouldn’t have to pretend like it is

6 minutes ago, wehavetostan said:

Billboard needs to recalibrate the points for songs from 2017 to now because it's so silly. If they continue with the point system they have own, half of the top 10 will be songs released within the past 5 years. Stay is not one of the biggest songs of all time yet, and we shouldn’t have to pretend like it is

But it is. Had it been some pop girl your tune would’ve been way different. 

4 minutes ago, Tropez said:

If it had been Taylor* their tune would be different. Swfties don’t support other women. 

OT: SMASH, Justin reviving his career with changes/Justice/Droplets is one for the books. Very impressive. 

33 minutes ago, Thinking Of You said:

The way this woman literally predicted the sound of the decade with this song. I was so surprised when I found out this song came out in 1981. I thought it was from 1986 or something. She just knew what the future would sound like. That’s insane. 

Literally one of the best songs ever too, such a classic!

• ATRL Moderator
1 minute ago, Tropez said:

I disagree. Due to radio becoming so stagnant in the past few years, and streaming allowing for the longevity of songs to increase, way more songs than before have gotten extended chart runs. This has largely benefited male acts, but even if it was a pop girl I can't deny that it's become a lot easier for songs to stay longer on the charts.

14 minutes ago, Tropez said:

oh absolutely 

48 minutes ago, PiperHalliwell said:

i came here for this smash

Same... :toofunny2:

9 minutes ago, Luckitty said:

all because radio won't stop spamming it

It’s the fastest song to reach 1.7billion Spotify streams so no it’s not just because radio :skull: 

Edited by Cheers

Yall saying how “easy” it is nowadays to achieve this, but none of the pop girls most of us stan are there so ig it’s not that easy :michael: if this was yall fave or a pop girl you wouldn’t be saying that 

OT: damn, I really thought this would be a cute hit for Justin but I couldn’t have been more wrong, congrats to both :clap3:

That list is ridiculous :rip:

This point system is messed up since the digital era and billboard can't really adapt...

Stay is a hit but Justin’s biggest hit ? something is off 

Edited by Dialamba

Absolutely abominable. And most of the points are from the payola radio.

56 minutes ago, halcyonday said:

yeah streaming made it so easy these days :rip: there should be 2 seperate lists at this point cuz the old songs can't compete with the power of streaming

4 minutes ago, tiagol88 said:

That list is ridiculous :rip:

This point system is messed up since the digital era and billboard can't really adapt...

????

Only 4 songs in the top 10 are from 2011+ and they were undeniably HUGE smashes. 

11 minutes ago, Dialamba said:

Stay is a hit but Justin’s biggest hit ? something is off 

I think Stay was very lucky as a hit. Justin's old hits were very fanbase-driven, the GP knows them but they didn't really consume them, in fact he didn't have a #1 until Purpose. Songs like Never Say Never, Baby, Boyfriend, Beauty And A Beat etc felt huge at the time and they're pretty remembered but not in numbers = billboard. His bigger singles came after Purpose, and as much as they were huge they still had to compete with each other + the huge droplets he had at the time. Stay smashed in a time which was pretty much dead musically, it smashing made it stick in the plain scenario of the time, it explains why it's still Top 5 or something on Spotify Global despite being one year old. 

21 minutes ago, Cheers said:

????

Only 4 songs in the top 10 are from 2011+ and they were undeniably HUGE smashes. 

You literally proved our point cuz 3 of 4 are from last 2 years :rip: 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.