Why did Eminem and Bey's Walk On Water flop?

Prismee

8 hours ago, Cryptique said:

Beyonce jumping on an already hit song??

Sounds like Beyonce these days indeed :eddie:

Correction. Ed asked Beyoncé to be on a song that wasn't even a single when she recorded it. So how did she "jump on a hit"?

Is it misogyny that you blame Beyoncé for being desperate for a #1 when it was Ed who decided when and how to release his Beyoncé remix to get it to the top spot? Or is it just hate?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BawBaw

• GoatGly

• swissman

• BadMonster96

Top Posters In This Topic

Skylar Grey thought she was doing something with that one :rip:

I'm surprised Eminem didn't drop her after that :dies:

It's an introspective song without percussion that probably only was released as a single because Beyoncé was on it.

Beyoncé feature was jay z idea.

During the episode, Gladwell says that Rick Rubin played "Walk On Water" for JAY-Z while Beyonce was out of town. JAY-Z enjoyed the song, Gladwell says, and got Beyoncé to sing on the chorus. (JAY-Z may not have had to twist her arm, though — according to Gladwell, Beyoncé "liked" the song herself). Listen to Gladwell discuss Beyoncé's contribution

I guess people (myself included) expected a banger and something extraordinary from 2 artists of that caliber. Instead we got a pretty boring song you don't really want to come back to.

No Rihanna no hit for Eminem i fear 

Beyoncé TORPEDOED her cool factor with Shining, Mi Gente, and was about to completely nuke it with Perfect Duet. 

Eminem… idek I think most people would say he’s been pretty inconsistent since MMLP2. His activism (when he’s not being explicitly homophobic) being the only thing we praise him for. :clap3:

It’s a boring song that had no sense being a lead single for an album. It was also Eminem’s flop era. 

I also think @GoodGuyGoneGhetto has a point that Bey’s features are often odd choices, and I’d expand that to some of her side projects/orphan singles too. She seems like a perfectionist with her studio albums, but the other content can be hit or miss. And even when the songs do hit, she basically treats them like they don’t exist. 

Edited by Rotunda

4 hours ago, Yellowfever said:

No Rihanna no hit for Eminem i fear 

Now the best selling artist of the century needs Rihanna :deadbanana2:

There's something about Beyoncé's voice that just... hasn't carried a melody in a pleasant way for a very long time. This song being the worst example of that. 

Isn’t it obvious ?

This song was released in 2017 right after her flop era Lemonade, for some reason GP said no to every single of her projects ever since.

2 hours ago, Rhiannon said:

Isn’t it obvious ?

This song was released in 2017 right after her flop era Lemonade, for some reason GP said no to every single of her projects ever since.

Someone lied to you several times :skull:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.