Do you think Born This Way could sell 1M+ without * (discount)?

Cloröx

It still pulled 1m. Despite anything else. Over in the UK it sold 3m (on par with 1989 and Teenage Dream). stans can cry as much as they want. it’s in the record book that she has a 1m debut album (outside of fad shipments and good cd sales in the 90s) :sistrens:

remember how after this artists started bundled tickets into FLOP albums that would then drop 90% :dies: 

Edited by Mr. Stratus

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GraceRandolph

• Mariano

• Mystic Boy

• AlexStexaul

Top Posters In This Topic

It sold 668,000 without the Amazon offer — we have no way of knowing of the remaining 440,000 who purchased the digital discount what percentage would have brought the album regardless first week, how many would have contributed to its lifetime sales instead, or would have pirated / not consumed at all. Considering it was a surprise, limited offer I think it’s safe to assume the people quick on the pulse to purchase would have fallen overwhelmingly in the first two categories. The hype was there, which is why the deal was arranged in the first place.

In other words she would have had to have retained 75%~ of those purchases without the deal to hit the million club. It would have most likely ended up as most sane people in this thread have already est. at between 800,000 to 900,000.

Maybe if she released religious experience “Bloody Mary” as the lead single

5 hours ago, Mystic Boy said:

Didn't Rihanna do the same with Rated R and didnt even scrap 200k for example

Your obsession with Rih is high-key concerning at this point like it's not like you were even responding to some shady remark by a navy member :rip:

And no it wasn't the same, that Rated R offer was available to Nokia phone buyers with limited numbers of phones in question which is nowhere comparable to a bigger deal with the biggest retail platform in human history :rip:

OT: Born This Way pulled in amazing first week numbers even without the Amazon discount so it really doesn't matter in the end.

4 hours ago, GlamSlam said:

Normally when I receive notifications I get excited a the possibility of a debate, but then I saw the username and well :bibliahh:

Another day, another tragic default copy/paste "OGh'Z aRE sO EmbARAsSInG" effort whenever someone speaks the truth/criticizes your fav.

OT. I stand by what I said yesterday, The chart obsessed Queen of discounts could not have sold 1M without them. It probably would have done something like 600-700k, but not much more.

The fact that you think anyone would want to debate with a disturbed obsessed hater like you is the most hilarious part :toofunny3:

1 hour ago, lonnie said:

Your obsession with Rih is high-key concerning at this point like it's not like you were even responding to some shady remark by a navy member :rip:

And no it wasn't the same, that Rated R offer was available to Nokia phone buyers with limited numbers of phones in question which is nowhere comparable to a bigger deal with the biggest retail platform in human history :rip:

OT: Born This Way pulled in amazing first week numbers even without the Amazon discount so it really doesn't matter in the end.

Calm your **** honey, it just came out off the top of my head cause she's the only one who did it also :skull:

And if i recall it was for the black friday, never heard of that Nokia deal...

7 minutes ago, Mystic Boy said:

The fact that you think anyone would want to debate with a disturbed obsessed hater like you is the most hilarious part :toofunny3:

Calm your **** honey, it just came out off the top of my head cause she's the only one who did it also :skull:

And if i recall it was for the black friday, never heard of that Nokia deal...

No it was part of some Nokia plan to try and market their brand new model and their Nokia Music Store and they even had a specific international version of the album that's still available on Spotify I think. They even had a special concert for it. It was very obscure and very few people knew about it. It wasn't ever going to do well because who the hell was using Nokia Music Store and the only people that ever mention the discount are ThatGrapeJuice blog because of how hateful the owner of the site (Sam) was/is towards Rihanna. Hell the only reason I remember something of it is because Russian Roulette video had some intro about it at some point. But it isn't this big deal you're making it out to be, you had to buy one type of new Nokia phone that cost way more than the album at full price to get the album discount :rip:

And you know you were shady with inserting her too like that because Rihanna cannot be the only other person (other than Gaga) to have some sort of discount :lmao:

Just now, GlamSlam said:

Unfortunately for you, the hilarity is that liddo's are under the illusion that ATRL revolves around Gaga, and everyone must worship the ground she walks on, or be threatened with a string of abbreviations and tragic jibes we've seen a million times before. (As if any of us give a hoot about being tarnished an "OGH") :lmao:

There's a multitude of bigger and better artists here to discuss, perhaps you need reminding that ATRL isn't Gagadaily, and not everyone is going to blindly shower her with roses for subpar performance and projects.

oh wow the way you COMPLETELY SNAPPED

13 hours ago, Shaner69 said:

The clear and ready answer is no. 

Everyone talked about this before. It was chart and sales manipulation and Billboard changed its rules after this event. 

Madonna stans truly are the worst most obsessed gaga haters in the stan world :deadbanana2:   Did not even read the rest of your post after this BLATANT lie.  Chart manipulation? :ahh:  Meaning that BTW wouldn't go number 1 without the Amazon copies or what? :deadbanana4:   And it needed to manipulate the charts, because...?  

Every publication at the time literally made an article explaining that Amazon wanted to promote their cloud services by using Lady Gaga's POPULARITY and DEMAND and paid FULL price to Gaga and Interscope for each copy sold at 0.99c.  Amazon offered that deal to Gaga and Interscope. 

Chart manipulation!!!

Donald Trump's 6 January call logs show seven-hour gap - BBC News

Edited by Mariano

32 minutes ago, GlamSlam said:

Unfortunately for you, the hilarity is that liddo's are under the illusion that ATRL revolves around Gaga

How are you in every single Gaga thread and then saying this....  It's fascinating the lack of self-awareness with Madonna stans :deadbanana4: 

41 minutes ago, Mariano said:

How are you in every single Gaga thread and then saying this....  It's fascinating the lack of self-awareness with Madonna stans :deadbanana4: 

At least some are funny,  this one only serves sociopathic behavior :deadbanana4:

1 hour ago, GlamSlam said:

Unfortunately for you, the hilarity is that liddo's are under the illusion that ATRL revolves around Gaga, and everyone must worship the ground she walks on, or be threatened with a string of abbreviations and tragic jibes we've seen a million times before. (As if any of us give a hoot about being tarnished an "OGH") :lmao:

There's a multitude of bigger and better artists here to discuss, perhaps you need reminding that ATRL isn't Gagadaily, and not everyone is going to blindly shower her with roses for subpar performance and projects.

Keep embarrassing yourself, keep :toofunny3:

6 hours ago, GlamSlam said:

Normally when I receive notifications I get excited a the possibility of a debate, but then I saw the username and well :bibliahh:

Another day, another tragic default copy/paste "OGh'Z aRE sO EmbARAsSInG" effort whenever someone speaks the truth/criticizes your fav.

OT. I stand by what I said yesterday, The chart obsessed Queen of discounts could not have sold 1M without them. It probably would have done something like 600-700k, but not much more.

The anger and frustrations  :rip: It’s never that serious 

Edited by perfillusion

On 4/23/2022 at 11:23 AM, Mariano said:

Madonna stans truly are the worst most obsessed gaga haters in the stan world :deadbanana2:   Did not even read the rest of your post after this BLATANT lie.  Chart manipulation? :ahh:  Meaning that BTW wouldn't go number 1 without the Amazon copies or what? :deadbanana4:   And it needed to manipulate the charts, because...?  

Every publication at the time literally made an article explaining that Amazon wanted to promote their cloud services by using Lady Gaga's POPULARITY and DEMAND and paid FULL price to Gaga and Interscope for each copy sold at 0.99c.  Amazon offered that deal to Gaga and Interscope. 

Chart manipulation!!!

Donald Trump's 6 January call logs show seven-hour gap - BBC News

Still doesn't change the fact it's chart manipulation. Billboard changed its rules after. Duh... if its normal they wouldn't have changed chart rules.

Omg its Marino I didn't even look at your name this explains everything. How are you not banned from this site. I thought I had you blocked. I guess the reset. Maybe you should go into another Madonna thread and trash her. 

On topic... BORN THIS WAY would not have sold a million copies if it was not 99cents. Everyone knows this. 

Edited by Shaner69

Yes. Ranting atrlers will never affect that or history so ..lol.

Get over it!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.