Do you think Born This Way could sell 1M+ without * (discount)?

Cloröx

4 minutes ago, Nano said:

It's already been established that Britney was practically a slave from 2008 to 2021, but sure, go "off". For all we know, she did record her vocals and the producers decided not to use them. And even if she didn't, can you blame her for refusing to sing on that dumpsterfire of an album?

I don’t blame Britney I’m not a terrible person. I’m just sick of certain B fans dragging Gaga more than they uplift their favs. It’s disgusting. 

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GraceRandolph

• Mariano

• Mystic Boy

• AlexStexaul

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, TheFameCurse said:

Absolutely not which proves she's a 1 era wonder.

Huh? :rip:

5 hours ago, Happylittlepunk said:

Yes because Gaga was the biggest pop girl at the time. Your faves these days are just not interesting to the gp which is why they can’t sell. 

There was another girl easily doing 1M+ at the time without 0.99$ discounts so I'll have to respectfully disagree :cm:

OT: Probably not

Edited by The Music Industry

2 minutes ago, GlamSlam said:

:bibliahh:That's not a fact, hunty, that's delusion. If Gaga was so talented, her sales would've increased with each album, not decrease and she would have at least one tour in the Highest grossing concerts of all time, but like always she's nowhere to be seen. She couldn't even last a decade without crashing and burning. Then she had the audacity to cry about the world hating her after released one of the crappiest albums of all time, and then she went and did it again with Jopanned, only this time we were expected to feel sorry for her because of her connection to a deceased Aunt she never even met.:bibliahh:  If it wasn't for Bradley pulling her from the wreckage, she'd be a pile of ashes by now.

ASIB was great for her, but it's very telling how she went back to flopping again with Rheumantica  Chromatica (thank you Ari for ROM, btw). 

Can't wait to see how this tour pans out and whether she will actually finish it (Unlike Queen Madonna, who has managed to complete 10/11 tours without any issues). Which reminds me, when was the last time ya'll were treat to a DVD/Blu Ray tour? It can't be the Monster Ball? :lmao:

All this talk of Gaga being so much better than Madonna, and yet she's still being compared to Katy Perry (despite ya'll screaming for the last few years that she's over). :lmao:

I am not reading all that pls :jonny6: 

We should all get along and stan all pop girlies together hihi :hughard: :date2: 

11 minutes ago, The Music Industry said:

There was another girl easily doing 1M+ at the time without 0.99$ discounts so I'll have to respectively disagree :cm:

OT: Probably not

5 minutes ago, GlamSlam said:

:bibliahh:That's not a fact, hunty, that's delusion. If Gaga was so talented, her sales would've increased with each album, not decrease and she would have at least one tour in the Highest grossing concerts of all time, but like always she's nowhere to be seen. She couldn't even last a decade without crashing and burning. Then she had the audacity to cry about the world hating her after released one of the crappiest albums of all time, and then she went and did it again with Jopanned, only this time we were expected to feel sorry for her because of her connection to a deceased Aunt she never even met.:bibliahh:  If it wasn't for Bradley pulling her from the wreckage, she'd be a pile of ashes by now.

ASIB was great for her, but it's very telling how she went back to flopping again with Rheumantica  Chromatica (thank you Ari for ROM, btw). 

Can't wait to see how this tour pans out and whether she will actually finish it (Unlike Queen Madonna, who has managed to complete 10/11 tours without any issues). Which reminds me, when was the last time ya'll were treat to a DVD/Blu Ray tour? It can't be the Monster Ball? :lmao:

All this talk of Gaga being so much better than Madonna, and yet she's still being compared to Katy Perry (despite ya'll screaming for the last few years that she's over). :lmao:

Ugh I guess I should just kill myself already. Not everyone is agreeing with me.9’

3 minutes ago, GlamSlam said:

I suggest you paste this on your forehead each time you attend one of Gaga's tour dates to remind them to stop hating on Madonna when they wish death on her, or decide to burn a few T-shirts with her picture on it.

Ugh I’m so over you. I don’t want to fight all the time. 

Gaga was untouchable at that point. I remember my 70 year old grandparents talking about her and literally everyone knew who she was so I believe so. Gaga during the start of the BTW era was the biggest peak since Britney and there hasn’t been anyone that’s come close since. 

Why do these threads always have to turn into ‘my fave is better than yours!!!!!’? Why can’t we love and uplift both of these talented, supremely influential women? It’s so weird. They’re both great artists, are actually similar musically and have only ever been loving towards each other so why deprive yourself of one of the greatest artists of all time for some stupid Stan war? It’s masochist behaviour. 

I think people forget this whole arrangement was Amazon's decision. They discounted the album to $0.99, but they had to pay Gaga the difference for every album sold.

Your faves are welcome to strike up such a deal if they can find a provider who knows their promotional worth is so great as to be worth investing millions of dollars.

It would actually be quite a ways away from it tbh. 
it sold like 600k+ without. The discount converted those who were on the fence about buying/listening who probs wouldn’t have gone ahead and bought it if it wasn’t cheap. So all in all I’d say 700-800k final without the discounted sales. Which is stilll amazing and would be the second biggest first week of 2011 I believe? 

No, but it would have sold ~800k which was huge for 2011. Her downfall from BTW to Artpop would have been still massive though.

1 hour ago, Tropical said:

I think people forget this whole arrangement was Amazon's decision. They discounted the album to $0.99, but they had to pay Gaga the difference for every album sold.

Your faves are welcome to strike up such a deal if they can find a provider who knows their promotional worth is so great as to be worth investing millions of dollars.

This. Funny that these haters are still pressed about this over ten years later. 

3 hours ago, Delusional said:

Why are many people stuck in the past this week 

Like. Where did these time machine ******* come from :rip:

No, it would’ve done like 600-650k

No seeing as she was never able to come close to those opening numbers without Amazon and *

12 hours ago, Delusional said:

Why are many people stuck in the past this week 

Exactly 

The clear and ready answer is no. 

Everyone talked about this before. It was chart and sales manipulation and Billboard changed its rules after this event. 

Also since we are dragging up past crap "Dope" wouldn't have debut Top 10 on the Hot 100 also. by using tactic. It was a paid ad before watching the song you wanted to listen to on YouTube. 

Billboard already changed the rules after that event too. 

Then she did the giffy views thing for SuperBowl. 

Get over it people Mariah did it in the 90s.. Constantly she was able to sell her singles for 39 cents to Fuel the song to number one. 

BTS has been doing it recently. Billboard is finally trying changed that. 

Hopefully a common ground can eventually be found without fraud. 

Born This Way was going to launch big regardless but selling an album for 99 cents was just a really bad look. 

There is a reason BTW has a * by its chart debut. 

Anyways leave these threads in the past because we all no the obvious answer is NO

Edited by Shaner69

12 hours ago, youkneekorn said:

Barely would’ve  scraped 600K

Take away the gimmicks and you can cut Gaga’s career achievements in half. 

A lot of pop stars won't reach the success they reached without the gimmicks. Madonna, Britney, etc. So this statement is very hypocritical coming from a popstar stan.

-

It wouldn't but it would sell close to that. I'm thinking 850k.

Seeing as she didn't sell 1M FW without accounting for the discount: no, I don't think she would sell 1M FW without accounting for the discount. :gaygacat6:

17 hours ago, GraceRandolph said:

Your fav has lip synced to someone else’s vocals. Don’t even try to talk about gimmicks. 

16 hours ago, BawBaw said:

aren't u busy watching that woman dancing near dog sh** ? 

The lashings :ahh:

16 hours ago, GlamSlam said:

Desperate (as well as many other things I can't name on a family forum), but we wouldn't expect you to agree since you've already admitted you would do the same in her shoes. Thank God , there's only one Gaga :clap3:

15 hours ago, GlamSlam said:

ASIB was great for her, but it's very telling how she went back to flopping again with Chromatica (thank you Ari for ROM, btw). 

Oh dear god at the bitterness , so embarrassing  :dies:

14 hours ago, Tropical said:

Right?  Amazon still paid full price to Interscope so it's a win win situation. That how powerful she was.

OT: The fact that all OGH's faves here wouldn't even sell 1/4 of this amount even at 0,01 dollars at the time is the most hilarious part :lmao:

Didn't Rihanna do the same with Rated R and didnt even scrap 200k for example ? :dies:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.