House of the Dragon | Season 2 begins June 16th | Final Trailer Out | GoT Prequel

Eóghan
Tsareena
Message added by Tsareena,

Please keep book spoilers and related discussions in spoilers tags

Incredible episode. (give Paddy the Emmy).

And the weirdest to me is that of all the GoT universe, this season of HoD might be the better. No episode is a filler, no intrigues are left aside or underwhelming. They really learnt from their mistake. Why did we doubt of the power of HBO??

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mystery

• Drowned8World

• Lil Mxnster

• Terylee

12 minutes ago, ctlp27 said:

And the weirdest to me is that of all the GoT universe, this season of HoD might be the better. No episode is a filler, no intrigues are left aside or underwhelming. They really learnt from their mistake. Why did we doubt of the power of HBO??

people like to be overdramatic and exaggerate all the time. With HBO or any other service/channel/studio.

43 minutes ago, Drowned8World said:

people like to be overdramatic and exaggerate all the time. With HBO or any other service/channel/studio.

Tbh, I wasn't opposed to a spin-off but originally I had prefer the Naomi Watt's one or something far in ages of GoT. So on paper, I was more ready to like LoTR:RoP compared to HoD. Surprised this is not the case at all. I do like all those small references to A Song of Ice and Fire and how much Viserys and Rhaenyra care about it.

7 hours ago, Cryptique said:

WAIT..

Otto Actor played Luna's father?? :deadbanana4: he's so good that his character is very different from Lovegood :deadbanana4:

the way he also played Adrian in Little Nicky. Iconic!

s.jpg

5 hours ago, katara said:

Ok I agree with the book readers there. Rhaenyra killing Vaemond herself and Alicnet being an ambitious b**ch adds way more depth and layers to their characters instead of Daemon doing all the dirty work and Alicent being so gullible

Also the Daemon x Rhaenyra marriage terrified all of Westeros and that Daemon would be the one in true power. The fear Daemon would harm Alicent's children was very valid too which gives her reason to want Aegon as king.

Her taking the mumbling words of a delirious man as contradicting everything he'd been saying for the last 20ish years is absurd... but the show may well go that route and have her purposefully misconstrue what he said, which is what I'm hoping for. It would be very in line with Alicent to hear what she wants to hear to justify her actions. 

35 minutes ago, ShouldersSideways said:

Also the Daemon x Rhaenyra marriage terrified all of Westeros and that Daemon would be the one in true power. The fear Daemon would harm Alicent's children was very valid too which gives her reason to want Aegon as king.

Her taking the mumbling words of a delirious man as contradicting everything he'd been saying for the last 20ish years is absurd... but the show may well go that route and have her purposefully misconstrue what he said, which is what I'm hoping for. It would be very in line with Alicent to hear what she wants to hear to justify her actions. 

It makes sense with how Alicent's been characterized 

3 hours ago, ctlp27 said:

I'm feeling this as well. Targaryens, their f***ing power  :falcon:

Such a great episode. All actors brought their A game.

3 hours ago, ctlp27 said:

Tbh, I wasn't opposed to a spin-off but originally I had prefer the Naomi Watt's one or something far in ages of GoT. So on paper, I was more ready to like LoTR:RoP compared to HoD. Surprised this is not the case at all. I do like all those small references to A Song of Ice and Fire and how much Viserys and Rhaenyra care about it.

they probably got scared by the reactions to the GoT finale so a whole show about the white walkers was big no after that. It sucks tho because i'd love to see how they got defeated that time. 8000 years it's a little too much tho. Those leaked sets and outfits looked very medieval to be that old.

it worries me that they will take a lot of time to do Robert's Rebellion and the actors who played Aerys, Rhaegar and Lyanna are not getting any younger.

7 minutes ago, Drowned8World said:

they probably got scared by the reactions to the GoT finale so a whole show about the white walkers was big no after that. It sucks tho because i'd love to see how they got defeated that time. 8000 years it's a little too much tho. Those leaked sets and outfits looked very medieval to be that old.

it worries me that they will take a lot of time to do Robert's Rebellion and the actors who played Aerys, Rhaegar and Lyanna are not getting any younger.

They'll recast. The Dance will be 3-4 seasons and season two isn't even airing until 2024. 

No one will remember what they looked like in the original GoT anyway.

I tried reading the book this is based on its such a slog to get through. 

Last nights episode was amazing though 

• ATRL Moderator
12 hours ago, Feanor said:

Also not a fan of how the show is clearly portraying the Green as the "villains" and the Blacks as the morally right "heroes".

I really hoped and expected the show to take a more nuanced and "grey" approach to both sides, especially after GRRM's comments about how it'd portray the "story of grey characters".

!!!! This is my biggest annoyance so far. They did great work make the older generation "grey" but now the children are so flat. Alicent's sons are ***holes (and one's a rapist?!) while the Strong boys are angels. Smh. It feels so lazy.

7 hours ago, Itz_Dani! said:

Not Paddy giving ATRLer with that phrasing :deadbanana4:

he did say Viserys was kind of his drag queen persona :deadbanana2:

6 hours ago, mystery said:

I think for HBO shows they come out the day after the final episode! I know that is always the schedule for Westworld.

They did that with Season 8. The other soundtracks got released on the Friday before the final episode aired. 
But if that is their strategy now, we will have it on Monday, October 24th.

8 hours ago, Itz_Dani! said:

Not Paddy giving ATRLer with that phrasing :deadbanana4:

He said he's a Drag Race fan. fkjfjjdf Legend. 

Watch that clip. :dies:

Edited by Blade Runner

1 hour ago, Blade Runner said:

ahahaaaaaa :ahh:

what a King :fan:

3 hours ago, Blade Runner said:

This question isn’t meant to be shade, i’m genuinely curious, is he gay? 

Miss Paddy killed IT! I don't know if his campaign can sustain throughout the next year, but I'm just glad he even got cast in this. Super underrated actor.

Rhaenys dragging Rhaenyra, “tomorrow the Hightowers will land their first blow”

Solo Alicent going face to face with Rhaenyra and Deamond in full Queenly armor. 

Visery’s grand entrance and mask…

Vaemond speakingnothing but the TRUTH. Bastards! *****! 

That ugly wig and no eyebrow and no lip rat killing King Vaemond. Now where is the anger and backlash toward Deamon alike there was for Ser Criston for killing some pillow Inter? 

Rhanerya going to ugly cry to daddy one last time, no more daddy *****! 

Glad Aemond is becoming larger than life, sure his Brother will be pushed to be king but he’ll be a humongous help. Drag the bastards. Haelena Beautiful! 

I can’t at people calling Alicents kids ugly rats yet they praise Daemon and Rhaenyra. 

Not the Greens dragging the blacks at every corner. Aemonds speech! Why every bother trying to shade him with a pig, he won with Vaghar. 

Yes Alicent, run with it! 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.