STOP IT with the (Insert Act) During (Artist) Concert Threads

House of the Dragon | Season 2 begins June 16th | Final Trailer Out | GoT Prequel

Eóghan
Tsareena
Message added by Tsareena,

Please keep book spoilers and related discussions in spoilers tags

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mystery

• Drowned8World

• Lil Mxnster

• Terylee

The episode 6 teaser...I'm shaking. It'll be such a slay if the episodes get even better with the older actors (which it most likely will since the true story begins now) since people really hated the idea of a huge timeskip. 

this show is moving so quickly imo. i dont really mind but there were so many significant events this ep :deadbanana4:
criston can choke. i was so keen too see him off his homophobic self :biblio:

I liked the episode but felt the fallout from the wedding was kinda contrived, from the way Laenor's lover sensed that Cristan and Rhaenyra had slept together, to his stupid idea of confronting him about it when he had nothing to gain from it, and finally with Cristan's over-the-top reaction that feels as if it was left ambiguous on purpose, but still I'm left with no clue as to what prompted him to beat the living **** out of the gay dude :rip:

12 minutes ago, Godly said:

I liked the episode but felt the fallout from the wedding was kinda contrived, from the way Laenor's lover sensed that Cristan and Rhaenyra had slept together, to his stupid idea of confronting him about it when he had nothing to gain from it, and finally with Cristan's over-the-top reaction that feels as if it was left ambiguous on purpose, but still I'm left with no clue as to what prompted him to beat the living **** out of the gay dude :rip:

I think this episode really confirmed that Criston is all about traditionalism. Even during his speech to Rhaenrya, he mentioned that running away and marrying her would save his honour (or something along those lines). That, mixed in with the fact that he was still angry that Rhaenerya rejected him made it make sense that he would explode in that moment since he’s: 1. Probably homophobic (as was the norm, but with his sense of tradition it’s probably even more extreme) and 2. He was already heated that he couldn’t get Rhaenrya. Of course, it was extreme hence why he was going to kill himself. 

This little peasant that goes by the name of Criston Cole really though that a princess would run away with his sorry ass, you are there to serve HER not the other way around, she doesn't give two fucks about your honour or principles. The high leader of the westori incel community through and through :dies:

Alicent needs a reality check, you are no queen nor royalty, you were only sold to the king to be his brood mare (by your own father by the way :dies:) so stop being so obsessed with who the future QUEEN fucks and not fucks, nobody gives a **** about you. Though I give her points for that dramatic entrance.

GOD, I really hate the greens with a passion, Targaryens should have never lowered themselves by associating with this scum

3 hours ago, Godly said:

Yeah, mte. Criston is literally Rhaenyra's sworn protector, who's gonna look at if not her? It was a very baseless way of making that guy think they had a relationship. Also, the way Criston reacted appeared incredibly out of place, nothing made it look he was going to snap at any moment. That ending was truly chaotic and not in a good way.

I didn't feel bad for that brit-cig when Criston killed him. He was a dumbass for approaching him and threatening him when the deal had already been sealed. Quit flapping your lips MF.

Edited by Roman Holiday

3 hours ago, Godly said:

Agreed. Laenor's lover had no reason to provoke Criston, and that reaction felt overblown.

Also, how did nobody stop him from leaving? :rip: 

Not some of y’all stanning Alicent, she is literally serving Amy Coney Barrett :biblio:

That dead gay should’ve kept his mouth shut.

Another good episode I fear. Can’t wait for the older actors to take over.

the CHILLS i got when Alicent pranced in! "fashion hath no greater thrill than when being deployed for the purpose of expressing rage" :jonny:

But, Criston's actions are not motivated by homophobia. He is clearly like the Starks were in GOT; impulsive, irrational, and not calculated. He thinks like a soldier so he solves his problem with assault. Joffrey taunted him. He was stupid to approach him and tell him what he knows, when he could have been in the known in secret.

I don’t see any real scenario where Criston gets to remain in the kings guard or even alive, not only he killed a noble but he hit a prince. They should have stick to the book with this one, the jousting incident was way more realistic.

What’s the book version of events? Yea I was so confused that no one was really freaking out as Cristin beat the gay’s ass, as in trying to stop it. And then residually punching Leanor on top of that and walking out with no issue? Lol

18 minutes ago, M André said:

I don’t see any real scenario where Criston gets to remain in the kings guard or even alive, not only he killed a noble but he hit a prince. They should have stick to the book with this one, the jousting incident was way more realistic.

Yeah I don’t mind when changes are made from the source material when it makes sense, but this doesn’t make sense right now. The jousting incident from the books could at least be claimed to be an accident. But he literally attacked and murdered a man during an engagement party to for the Queen to be in front of the king. I don’t know how both house Targaryen and House Valeryan allow him to get away with it.

that wedding scene was so depressing :rip:

the preview for next episode has me so hyped tho. as much as i’ve loved the last few episodes i cant wait for the real mess to start.

All in all, such a great episode :clap3: 

Could've been a 10/10 but the final 5 minutes kinda left a sour taste ngl.

They leaned into shock value a little too much again, cause the final 5 minutes were kinda messy and didn't really make sense, especially since it looks like Criston is walking off of this with no consequences at all, which would never realistically happen :rip: 

The book version was perfect and most importantly left things ambiguous.

Yeah the budget probably wasn't there for another jousting scene, but publicly murdering the side gay in front of basically everyone is not the best compromise... :rip: 

Edited by Feanor

In regards to the trailer for the next episode

Rhae is about to have brown haired kids exposing they're not Leanor's kids right? :lmao: 

Alicent is like "if you momma blonde, and yo daddy blonde... why is you a brunette?"

:ahh:

She's definitely going to be a part of exposing it, but that would expose Leanor for being unable to produce heirs as he's gay so I think his parents will be against Alicent as well.

So many directions this could go! excited!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.