House of the Dragon | Season 2 begins June 16th | Final Trailer Out | GoT Prequel

Eóghan
Tsareena
Message added by Tsareena,

Please keep book spoilers and related discussions in spoilers tags

45 minutes ago, TaggedGalaxy said:

Yeah I don’t mind when changes are made from the source material when it makes sense, but this doesn’t make sense right now. The jousting incident from the books could at least be claimed to be an accident. But he literally attacked and murdered a man during an engagement party to for the Queen to be in front of the king. I don’t know how both house Targaryen and House Valeryan allow him to get away with it.

If they jump 10 years without explaining any of this :deadbanana: 

Ive enjoyed the show so far, but that’s sloppy S8 of GoT writing.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mystery

• Drowned8World

• Lil Mxnster

• Terylee

2 hours ago, Gaia said:

In regards to the trailer for the next episode

Hide contents

Rhae is about to have brown haired kids exposing they're not Leanor's kids right? :lmao: 

Alicent is like "if you momma blonde, and yo daddy blonde... why is you a brunette?"

:ahh:

She's definitely going to be a part of exposing it, but that would expose Leanor for being unable to produce heirs as he's gay so I think his parents will be against Alicent as well.

So many directions this could go! excited!

Get ready. It's going to be a mess. 

3 hours ago, jadeabove said:

But, Criston's actions are not motivated by homophobia. He is clearly like the Starks were in GOT; impulsive, irrational, and not calculated. He thinks like a soldier so he solves his problem with assault. Joffrey taunted him. He was stupid to approach him and tell him what he knows, when he could have been in the known in secret.

hdu compare the starks to crispin cole. they'd never murder a guest at a wedding, or at any place for these reasons, please. u just say anything.

1 hour ago, effy said:

hdu compare the starks to crispin cole. they'd never murder a guest at a wedding, or at any place for these reasons, please. u just say anything.

Sure, Ned Stark was the most calculated person of Season 1 of GOT. The patriarch of House Stark is the least calculated of the lords of the Seven Kingdoms. Just like Criston he is honest and just, which is what brought him to his death. In fact, I see some parallels between Ned/Jon and Criston Cole, including the "seed is strong" statement. Criston also suggested to Rhaenyra to abandon the idea of the throne and her duty to live life, just like lovers of Dany used to do (I forgot who exactly).

IMO, parts of the theme of HOTD is that they are showing how history tends to repeat itself, and as much as we'd like this to change, without knowing your own history, you are doomed to repeat it.

Edited by jadeabove

amazing episode :clap3: but if Criston walks away from this

without consequences, I'mma have to take a few points off

I'm so in love with Alicen't :heart2: I hope I like the new actress

I want ser Criston A**hole to be MURDERED!!! not him being this despechao over a girl, and wanting her to treason her family, her blood, her duties and her heritage just because he couldn’t keep his cock in his pants and dishonoured himself. **** off! giving pathetic loser.

Same for Alicent!!!  electric chair!! how is she so JEALOUS of Rhaenyra who she claims to really care of and love? Byeee h0e, if there is anyone to shame for your tragic life it is YOUR FATHER. 

I can’t help it I love Daemon, Laena sis you know whats good.

I live!!! 

Spoiler

yeah i was kinda ‘surprised’ of how they managed the whole wedding situation with Crispin, and how he got out of there just like that. But I guess he could say he was protecting Rhaenyra from the hunty since there was too much confusion at the moment or something like that idk

Edited by FlyPirate

Did anyone lose all attraction to Ser Cole after that boat scene? 

So weak

I'm sorry but this was trash. And i will blame the writers because other departments are still serving. 

Spoiler

If they really wanted a 'green' wedding they could have had the same shock value with a little change in the order of the events. Since we can all agree that there is no way Criston could have left that room scot free after butchering a nobleman let alone the futur king consort's paramour why not let the wedding happens first and then during the celebration there is a brawl with the same outcome? 

Also why does everything feel like i'm watching in fast forward? Rhaenyra's tea secret alone could have been the plot device of a good GOT season. Here it's wasted in a bizarre episode. 

The episode was so so good

and you all are saying the real mess will start next week?

Im already having shiver

The way im stanning all the females in this show

Rhaenyra, Alicent and motherfucking Laena :WAP:

In the first season there's even a scene where ser hugh is killed in a jousting by the mountain, it's of course left ambigous, but most people can put 2 and 2 together to realize that likely wasn't an accident. Criston killing joffrey would be the equivalent of Little finger killing Ned inside the red keep with everyone watching, he would be senteced to death at once :skull:

The actress that played Laena this episode is so beautiful

she did not had to slay this hard :WAP:

House Velaryon is sooo cool :jonny5: Corlys is already a legend. The way he bossed the King around this episode :deadbanana4:

This was one of my favourite episodes, It’s up there with the third one. Poor Laenor. George R.R Martin is a fake ally. Why do all the gay relationships have to suffer like this? 

Daemon is so insufferable with zero redeeming qualities. How he has stans is beyond me :rip: The Lannister Lord is still a lame joke :deadbanana2:

Criston Cole is such a FLOP. He remains hot though :fan: 

The Hightower’s are also flopping. And the Royce guy also flopped and shot an own goal :ahh:

House Velaryon and House Strong are playing the real game>>> :clap3:

How can you hate Criston Cole? I wish I could be hit like that! :clownny:

349f1522ab2225c1dbf7e9c25bcd113652eb392b

Hide contents

JOKE! :eli: HE'S A MOTHERF***ER! 

Some kind of messy parts ie:

- criston randomly snapping

- criston punching the leanor and none of the velaryon guards doing anything about it

- the gays knowing about criston and rhaenyra's hot night 

- the driftmark castle looked so...empty on the outside? why were they no guards guarding it :deadbanana:

- the inside was fabulous though

Also criston's ship scene was so bad i was kinda cringing lmfao. And whoever's playing leanor sucks that boy cant act :rip:

High points of the ep:

- the wedding

- velaryon's entry

- Leana is so pretty

- the sickening dragons

- alicent's entry

- alicent's change in character motivated by her father's departure and the hunchback lord whispering into her ears  

- that sickening targaryen ship

- daemon killing his wife 

Great Ep. Criston is kings guard so he’ll likely make up a lie about Rhaenyra being threatened (it would’ve been better if they kept the tourney death). I’m a bit confused as to why he believes he’s so honourable yet he slept with the princess in the first place. I loathe Jon Snow but he stopped all Daenerys’ advances after he found out the truth (although, he’s not really a good example of honour either since he assassinated her like a coward). 

I will say that I’m a bit worried about the pacing so far. We don’t really know the characters nor the dynamics of the great houses and important characters like Harwin and Laenor, who have basically been reduced to side characters. it feels like they’re still trying to find the balance between the slow-burn plot book-readers love and the big sequences that causals like. 

Edited by RihFenty20

3 minutes ago, RihFenty20 said:

Great Ep. Criston is kings guard so he’ll likely make up a lie about Rhaenyra being threatened (it would’ve been better if they kept the tourney death). I’m a bit confused as to why he believes he’s so honourable yet he slept with the princess in the first place. I loathe Jon Snow but he stopped all Daenerys’ advances after he found out the truth (although, he’s not really a good example of honour either since he assassinated her like a coward). 

Reminded me of how even legend Emilia couldn't hide her disdain at that excuse of a final season:

Game Of Thrones Emilia Clarke GIF - Game Of Thrones Emilia Clarke Nathalie  Emmanuel - Discover & Share GIFs

Animated gif about cute in Emilia by tessa on We Heart It

The author MUST secretly hate the gays. Cause ain't no damn way they always die and they die BRUTALLY.

Christon was threatened ofc he wouldn’t just accept that :rip: had nothing to do with homophobia  

Laenor wig is really not it :rip: it’s giving hard hat

how could they do him so wrong when corlys is slaying like that

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.