House of the Dragon | Season 2 begins June 16th | Black + Green Trailer | GoT Prequel

Eóghan
Tsareena
Message added by Tsareena,

Please keep book spoilers and related discussions in spoilers tags

23 minutes ago, sandman said:

People like to complain about anything, I mean everyone criticised the last season of GOT  for the lack of credible writing and only being centered about nonsensical action (and rightfully so) and then when they get served a story that's building and layering up their characters at a right pace they complain that... it's not picking up steam. The Red Wedding did not appear out of thin air.

I bet that the future complain as the story develops is that there are no "good guys" like the Starks 

I fear this show is a bit tew smart for certain ppl w henry cavill avis

OT: best ep yet and one of the best in the whole GOT universe tbh. The characterization is top notch and even better than the original series

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mystery

• Drowned8World

• Lil Mxnster

• Terylee

This was a good episode, I don't get the complaints here and from some on Twitter, saying it to was too "slow" and "uneventful" :rip: 

GoT is by far at its best when it's about characters and intriguing and this episode had plenty of that :clap3: 

Top notch writing. GOT had many political focused episodes and this last episode was on par with GOTs best. 

Fast paced content - Tiktok especially - has warped peoples perception of a show being too slow etc :rip:
Like OBVIOUSLY everything that happened in the episodes so far builds up the coming conflict and makes the conflict more believable... it will make everything thats coming way more intense and rewarding
Every episode we spend without ''dragons and action'' WILL make the episodes that DO have ''dragons and action'' in it feel even more special and epic.

I love ''Slow'' (honestly i wouldnt even call this show that slow with the constant timejumps and stuff..) buildups way more than a fast paced nonsensical spectacle of random (shocking) scenes (SEE: GoT season 7 and 8)

Everything has been amazing so far... the acting, the cinematography, the soundtrack, the foreshadowing (i havent read the book but i feel like i picked up on some scenes that might be of foreshadowing nature)

As someone that still holds the opinion that Season 8 of GoT is the worst season of any television show ever and therefore was super sceptical of HotD... i'm super impressed so far and this show definitely gives me GoT Season 1-4 vibes  :clap3:I do have a few minor complains (like the battle at the end of E3 which felt very unrealistic) but overall this is still a 9/10 so far. Hopefully the payoff is done right and they dont rush anything!

Edited by TaylenaStan

5 hours ago, Blade Runner said:

I do have a question tho. Who are you supposed to root for here? In GoT, you had multiple characters who somehow deserved to live a happy life (Ned, Catelyn, Daenerys, Jon, Sansa, Robb, etc etc) but pretty much everyone on this show is nasty or unlikeable (yes, including Rhaenyra once she gets older). 

It's gonna be difficult for the audience, I'm sure. 

MTE

i really don't enjoy the incest storyline. first of you all you have people shipping them? even before this episode aired. personally i've never felt any chemistry between the 2. i'm hoping this doesn't continue but im assuming it does, its not at all enjoyable or entertaining its just repulsive so i don't get the point of it. but regardless happy otto is gone and i'm gonna miss the current actress playing rhaenyra she absolutely killed it

the little kid gutted the full grown ***** easily lmaoo

I ship Rhenerya and Daemon...sue me

6 hours ago, Blade Runner said:

I do have a question tho. Who are you supposed to root for here? In GoT, you had multiple characters who somehow deserved to live a happy life (Ned, Catelyn, Daenerys, Jon, Sansa, Robb, etc etc) but pretty much everyone on this show is nasty or unlikeable (yes, including Rhaenyra once she gets older). 

It's gonna be difficult for the audience, I'm sure. 

People will definitely root for Helaena, I hope the actress who plays her will do a great job

22 minutes ago, HabbGaga said:

i really don't enjoy the incest storyline. first of you all you have people shipping them? even before this episode aired. personally i've never felt any chemistry between the 2. i'm hoping this doesn't continue but im assuming it does, its not at all enjoyable or entertaining its just repulsive so i don't get the point of it. but regardless happy otto is gone and i'm gonna miss the current actress playing rhaenyra she absolutely killed it

The issue is the show is about established lore and characters. We may not like them together but we know from the established history that it happened. If the show changed it the fans would be pissed

I felt like I wasn't crazy after watching last nights episode because I would always look at those two and think why do the way they stare at each other scream like they are longing for one another and then it finally happened. I thought I was delusional tbh.

It just hit me now

Haelena crying near the window...

This show details, it's too much :cupid:

Edited by sandman

Ok that scene was hot. Both of them are hot

hiiii targaryens :flower:

this is shaping up to be a really strong first season 

one thing i don’t get is the “slow” criticism. if anything it’s zooming by a bit too fast :deadbanana4:

i’m sure emma will do phenomenal but i’m going to miss milly  

Spoiler

and fabian :dancehall3:

idk how anyone could call this “slow” a lot is happening in each episode. just bc it’s not action scene after action scene and you actually have to pay attention to what’s happening..

Another amazing episode :clap3: Sir Cole :WAP: Get that good D sis 

So glad Otto was finally told off but I fear this will be the demise for the king. No hand ever truly goes away considering the reach they have 

ma'am how about i look at Twitter and see Plan B trending and i'm like yes Meg only for it to be about dat medieval Plan B dat Rhaenyra ended up gettin LOL

i jus killed all four episodes last night to catch up

how i forgot how violent this show could be

i literally had to mute da C-section cuz it was too much

chile every time i hear da names like Lanister & Baratheon i shake lol

6 hours ago, sandman said:

Now that I think about I have a lot of questions about the final scene.

Was the moon tea sent by Otto or by Viserys himself?

It is known that Maesters and Hightowers are hand and glove, so that tea could be sent so Otto has proof that he was telling the truth, i.e if Rhaenyra drinks the tea she confirms her misstep

Or perhaps I could be overthinking and Viserys sent it himself but also as a test: She drinks = she confirms his suspictions. I don't know, I think he really doesn't care if she did it or not because in the end he got what he wanted from her, a marriage with Laenor, so he's just making sure that a bastard doesn't ruin his plans

Viserys doesn't believe Rhaenyra. It didn't have anything to do with Otto - it was just meant to show us the control these men have over their daughters.

I couldn't get over everyone on Twitter last night celebrating Viserys saying how he's pro choice, etc... when he was literally giving her no choice at all. The message was clear: abort any possible pregnancy and marry the man I'm telling you to.

8 hours ago, BOOMBAYAH said:

Rhanerya made so many dumb decisions this episode...I love sister but the fact that she's still even heir should be a huge blessing for her and yet she put herself in like 3 different situations this episode to make her dad mad/change his mind. :deadbanana2:

Buckle up, because she doesn't get any smarter.

14 hours ago, Xantalli said:

This ep was far better than the last  :clap3::clap3:

The foreshadowing of Rhaenyras 

Hide contents

Death nnnn I kinda giggled at that 

Wait what was the foreshadowing I missed it?

5 hours ago, HabbGaga said:

Idk, for some reason it doesn’t repulse me here as much as it did with The Lannisters. Probably because I’m so hyper aware now it’s two actors, and I’m desensitized to GoT’s shock factor. Lol

People will have to either get on board with watching a show with political incest or not. It’s a hard sell. Lol

I'm enjoying this show pretty consistently. As others have said the political stuff in GOT was the best part. 

As for incest it's about the Targs there was always gonna be incest. Yes it's gross but it's always been a thing for royalty. Martin based the Targaryen's on the Ptolemys of Egypt. A long lasting dynasty who did not originate from Egypt,  routinely practiced incest including sibling marriage and ended with Cleopatra just as the Targaryen's basically ended with Dany. 

I do like that this show does explore how messed up stuff like this is. Especially all the misogyny and stuff like grown men marrying children. Didn't feel like GOT did that enough. 

33 minutes ago, Itz_Dani! said:

Wait what was the foreshadowing I missed it?

Spoiler

When Rhaenyra & daemon are walking in the alleyway & the mage asks her  “would you like to see your death child?” & it cuts to the dragon statue throwing out flames :clap3:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.