House of the Dragon | Season 2 begins June 16th | Final Trailer Out | GoT Prequel

Eóghan
Tsareena
Message added by Tsareena,

Please keep book spoilers and related discussions in spoilers tags

4 hours ago, orange22 said:

spacer.png

Meleys serving BODY

Seems to  be the 'wolf head shape' breed just like Caraxes. 

Cannot wait to see Queen Rhaenys flying on her :jonny5:

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mystery

• Drowned8World

• Lil Mxnster

• Terylee

Least “good” episode but still enjoyable nonetheless. I also agree that we’ve spent very little time with presumably very important characters. That’s one thing D&D knew how to do (esp in the earlier seasons) was that they made a lot of characters seem very important with very little screen time. Here they hardly even show major players like Rhaenys and Corley. I got tired of the many Alicent scenes this episode, she’s not an interesting character (at least this far). I also agree that the first season should have been spent entirely with these leads and that the time jumps happen in season 2. 

I need to see the side- characters more especially in these next 2-3 episodes please! 

One thing I really enjoyed was the inclusion of the common people. I really enjoy learning of what the general public things and feels about all the things the thigh Lords fight and bicker about. Thrones stopped doing that in season 6 and the show felt like a shell of itself after that, very very empty. They kept talking about the innocent people but we never ever saw them until Danny had to burn them :deadbanana2:

and the fact they shot this during the pandemic… wow 

9 hours ago, orange22 said:

When we get Tobias Menzies as older Daemon :fountain:

girl, he was already in GoT. He played Rob Stark's useless uncle :giraffe:

11 hours ago, rac7d said:

Ahh we won :clap3:

7 hours ago, Destiny said:

Least “good” episode but still enjoyable nonetheless. I also agree that we’ve spent very little time with presumably very important characters. That’s one thing D&D knew how to do (esp in the earlier seasons) was that they made a lot of characters seem very important with very little screen time. Here they hardly even show major players like Rhaenys and Corley. I got tired of the many Alicent scenes this episode, she’s not an interesting character (at least this far). I also agree that the first season should have been spent entirely with these leads and that the time jumps happen in season 2. 

I need to see the side- characters more especially in these next 2-3 episodes please! 

One thing I really enjoyed was the inclusion of the common people. I really enjoy learning of what the general public things and feels about all the things the thigh Lords fight and bicker about. Thrones stopped doing that in season 6 and the show felt like a shell of itself after that, very very empty. They kept talking about the innocent people but we never ever saw them until Danny had to burn them :deadbanana2:

and the fact they shot this during the pandemic… wow 

Reading this now and wtf are these typos :ahh: I was busy at work while typing this and I didn’t even proof read it :deadbanana2:

On 9/13/2022 at 6:47 AM, feelslikeadream said:

Not Rhaenyra serving, "Had a very... peculiar encounter with my uncle today" :redface:

Best post in this thread so far :dies:

Episode 4 was excellent, if you get it you get it, if you don't you don't but stop with the "this show is too slow" bullish*t, we're literally not even halfway the first season of a completely new show, of course some time is needed to set up the stage for when the story will actually start to unfold. Also, let's not forget that GoT S1 was so boring and uneventful if we exclude the first and last episode, so HotD is already doing a better job at keeping viewer's interest high while moving the plot forward.

The casts change is not needed tbh, its not like they are years apart,  miley alcock is 22 and the one who will replace her ia 29, 7 years is not that much of gap, i think if they want to change the casts its better after eps 1 and or 2, after alicent married and the story jumped 4 years ahead thats the perfect time to change them, its ridicilious to change them when these young alicent already had 2 kids and young rhae having intimate scene, this is so forced i supposed they really want to casted that d arcy girl, olivia cooke can both play young and adult alicent but that d arcy girl look too old for being teenager. They should keep miley alcock and olivia cook as teenage and adult, and casted child actress for episode 1 and 2 when rhae was fifteen,  they can change the actress on ep 3 when they do 4 years jump when alicent had kids. 

Edited by Pinter

4 minutes ago, Pinter said:

The casts change is not needed tbh, its not like they are years apart,  miley alcock is 22 and the one who will replace her ia 29, 7 years is not that much of gap, i think if they want to change the casts its better after eps 1 and or 2, after alicent married and the story jumped 4 years ahead thats the perfect time to change them, its ridicilious to change them when these young alicent already had 2 kids and young rhae having intimate scene, this is so forced i supposed they really want to casted that d arcy girl, olivia cooke can both play young and adult alicent but that d arcy girl look too old for being teenager. They should keep miley alcock and olivia cook as teenage and adult, and casted child actress for episode 1 and 2 when rhae was fifteen,  they can change the actress on ep 3 when they do 4 years jump when alicent had kids. 

Milly Alcock looks WAY too young to be the mother of three grown children, the cast change was definitely needed

also Emma was cast first :deadbanana2: Milly was cast specifically to be young Rhaenyra, they need an older person for the rest of the story

1 minute ago, Kummercell said:

Milly Alcock looks WAY too young to be the mother of three grown children, the cast change was definitely needed

also Emma was cast first :deadbanana2: Milly was cast specifically to be young Rhaenyra, they need an older person for the rest of the story

So its true they really want that d arcy girl, olivia can both play young and adult they should find some actress who can fit that age gap, d arcy is too old to play teenager so i understand they casted milly.  its just ridicilious seeing young alicent actually look older dan adult alicent.  

Emma D'arcy will SLAY this role. Their voice sounded so awesome during the introduction of episode 1.

I am enjoying the show so far, it is much more eventful that S1 of GOT, so I don't get the complains about being too slow :michael:

6 hours ago, orange22 said:

And this is House of the Dragon…

so? they not using the same actor...

3 hours ago, Mariah's Glove said:

The debate when episode 6 comes out will be nauseating 

Young Rhaenyra is having a bigger impact than they initially thought she would I think :rip: 

3 hours ago, Mariah's Glove said:

The debate when episode 6 comes out will be nauseating 

I'm worried about the transphobia :biblio: 

As much as I’m uber excited for Emma & Olivia to arrive. I’m extremely dreading the countless criticism they will receive on how they portray the characters, especially with Emma D’Arcy!

I just know the girls are gonna expect Rhaenyra to continue to act as teenage Rhaenyra when the truth of the matter is, she becomes very cold & cunning as an adult (which makes total sense since Alicent & co conspire against her) & from what we’ve seen from the trailers, Emma has clearly emulated that fierce aura that is needed!

44 minutes ago, Kummercell said:

I'm worried about the transphobia :biblio: 

They're non binary. But I get what you meant. Still I don't think the gp will even be aware that they are.

I think the shift to the older actors is going to be jarring because we've supposedly seen these characters age over 4 years and yet they look exactly the same. Not clear attempts to age them in any way. Plus they're both going to jump suddenly in height. I know it's difficult to do a gradual aging process, but unless you're going to jump from child to adult, this gradual change just isn't going to work.

I'm intrigued to see how they execute it either way.

WAIT at Milly serving 2000s pop rock girl / 2010s tumblr girl aesthetics in this photoshoot :gaycat1:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.