House of the Dragon | Season 2 begins June 16th | Black + Green Trailer | GoT Prequel

Eóghan
Tsareena
Message added by Tsareena,

Please keep book spoilers and related discussions in spoilers tags

Spoiler

Now I hope they stick to the books with the storyline of rhaenyra

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mystery

• Drowned8World

• Lil Mxnster

• Terylee

They way that the smallfolks are gonna get dragged into a family war. 

How is it that 20 years have passed since the first episode and that little ***** Sir Criston ***** hasn’t aged a day?

like at least put some grey hairs on his head/beard or something. It’s ridiculous.

This show is a mess. It has its moments but for the most part it’s meh.

And the constant use of fog in every wide shot is really irritating. 

Eve Best just CAN'T play a character that isn't a boss *****, I fear :clap3: 

I hate the whole angle on being mothers, sorry but I think queen Rhaenys was more focused on rescuing  Meleys, Alicent basically was keeping her hostage and they would definitely kill her just so blacks have less dragons. I mean, if I had to make sacrifices to rescue my dog, I would, sorry but it’s family for me over strangers.

Criston is unhinged lmao
the White Worm girl accent and the crazy bedroom eyes...is a choice
Larys with the feet fetish lmaooooo

I got goosebump when Meleys came out of from the floor damn

good episode all in all, Alicunt is really that *****. Best actor in the series imo along with Paddy

#TeamGreen

tbh i agree with the sentiment that the last scene on the ep is kinda a fan service...sis couldve ended the war and got her grandchildren on the throne with no issue but its a great fanservice so i am content 

People thinking Rhaenys would have murdered them all right there have not been watching the same show :rip: 

That would have been incredibly out of character for her. 

I do not think she entered the room with the intent to kill any of the greens for one moment. Last time she saw Alicent (while being he prisoner nonetheless) she asked her to make a decision and 'ring the bell' when she has it. This was definitely her making her stance clear and letting everyone know. 

Edited by AxelFox

That Rhaenys entrance with her dragon :jonny:whew 

in that moment she was

More powerful than all of them and they knew 

she could have killed them all if she wanted to but she is better than that 

tbh Rhaenys scene was a total fanservice but boy what a moment!:jonny:

It wouldve made more sense for her to escape some other swifter and steelthy way cause she pretty much risked the other dragons safety too which granted wouldve cripled the Greens on the war to come but still. Also she risked her own life cause that building could've colapsed any second. I understand it was a display of strenght and narratively it made sense. She really proved her point to Alicent. It was in character for her considering what she told Rhaenyra last episode and Alicent on this one.

Anyways, it was a moment. Rhaenys Targaryen the queen that should've been you will always be famous!

Next week looks insane. Lowkey wish 

They hadnt included that upcoming Vermithor scene cause its budget could've gone into making Meleys escape look less wonky or into the Storm's End sequence but oh well

Us Rhaenys girls won this Ep, the absolute GAG when Meleys ascended from the dragon pit ugh she looks sickening in her armor :clap3:

Just sick & twisted:monkey:

The preview for the next episode...

Luke running to tiny Arrax and Arrax running to Luke in fear, as Vhagar looms in the distance. My heart won't be able to bear THAT scene.

Heleana queen of prophecy 

Shes my fave, autistic representation yas (I am on the spectrum myself lol)

About Rhaenys & her bombastic entrance

Book spoilers:

Honestly I think this will lead in brilliantly into the smallfolk and their hatred towards the dragons, considering how many were killed by Meleys in the Dragonpit during the coronation. It will build well into the storming of the Dragonpit, it also ties to Aegon confronting Rhaenys at Rook's Rest. 

Edited by mystery

So for the book readers what do we think the series will be paced like assuming GRRM’s 4 season comment is correct. 

Spoiler

Season 2 obvs will def have Blood and Cheese, and the Melys vs Vhagar/Sunfyre moments, probably Jace’s death too, this might be too accelerated but I could see it ending with Rhaenyra and Daemon taking Kings Landing as that would give them an opportunity for a dynamic shift for season 3 after most of season 2 was full of the greens winning. Plus it gives an opportunity for a Rhaenyra and Alicent scene in season 2 which the show seems like it would want to do since their relationship is sort of the through line of the series.

Season 3 could focus on Rhaenyra’s rule and the green’s attempts to regain control while Rhaenyra becomes increasing unstable and mistrusting of her allies, could end with Daemon vs Aemond

Season 4 would be townspeople revolting with the dragon pit and then the downfall of Rhaenyra and the aftermath of everything.

Ramin dropped two new singles from the official soundtrack. The music this episode was stunning once again. 

I love the detail of connecting the the Hightower theme to the piano and it appearing prominently in Game of Thrones  with "Light of the Seven". Considering how much Hightowers are connected to the Faith of the Seven and the High Septon. 

Edited by mystery

Aegon kind of the standout this ep… :clap3:

Obviously he’s a nasty guy but Tom Glynn is doing an absolutely INCREDIBLE job showing us where that all comes from. Random redditors comparing him to Joffrey/Ramsey is so SILLY :sleep:

I have to laugh at the controversy over Rhaenys. Burning the royal family and dragonpit infront of thousands of witnesses/smallfolk who consider Aegon the rightful king is an obviously stupid idea. Kings Landing would have descended into absolute chaos

Spoiler

especially given future events in the book…in that respect I think the ending made a LOT of sense. I don’t think the smallfolk collateral was an oversight at all from the writers…looking forward to seeing that payoff as the seasons go on.

Foot scene disappointing mostly bc of how it reduces Larys. I expected a more sensitive portrayal of disability given the strides the show made with Tyrion, but suggesting his…fetish is concomitant with his disability is SO tired. We deserve better. 

Ep 10 coming to DEMOLISH :jonny:

I'm in love with the show, but I truly believe we need some lighter moments to balance this dark, moody and solemne tone the series ALWAYS have. Everything is too serious and as a viewer it can be exhausting. 

We need people like Ygritte teasing Jon Snow, Tyrion being a sarcastic b+tch and making fun of everyone, Arya being a rebel and embarrassing her sister just because she wants it. Not everything needs to happen inside a dark room with Otto Hightower putting on a resting b+tch face. 

You can't truly connect with a character if everything you see is only endless suffering. That's why last episode was so good. For the first time in forever you witnessed a group of people "reconnecting" as a "family" and just trying to have a "good time". We should see how Daemon and Rhaenyra are as a couple besides their political desires. Same with Corlys and Rhaneys. But no, they're always talking about duty and power, and it annoys me a little. 

I don't even know what's happening with Halaena and how she feels as a person, or how Luke and Jace are dealing with all of this. Send those kids to play games on a sunny day in the river and try to develop their personalities so we can root for them. 

Edited by Blade Runner

Wait, I don't see Emma D'Arcy and Matt Smith in the opening credits. Does that mean that they won't be in the episode and it will only feature the Hightowers ? Mess, I guess I won't watch then and just skip straight to the final scene. :rip:

last episode was kind of a dud but this week’s ep made up for it :jonny: 

Spoiler

The way I wanted Rhaenys to scream dracarys at that moment. Daenerys would have. :oh: 

2 minutes ago, Zaynsus said:

Wait, I don't see Emma D'Arcy and Matt Smith in the opening credits. Does that mean that they won't be in the episode and it will only feature the Hightowers ? Mess, I guess I won't watch then and just skip straight to the final scene. :rip:

???? It's an important episode, lol. 

This was an okay episode to me. Still really excited for the finale though, I know Emma is going to serve. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.