Do you really think Christina/Katy were in the shadow of Britney/Gaga

Link16

Maybe Xstina was in the shadow of Britney ever so slightly, but Katy was NOT in Gagas shadow lmao. LBR

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• brainmaniac

• dirrtydiana

• suburbannature

• GraceRandolph

7 hours ago, Hot Volcano said:

Yes.

Katy was massive back in 2010/2011 and yet Gaga's meat dress had more impact than the entire TD era :dies:

You don’t believe this, right? :biblio:

Great to see almost everyone here is agree that Katy and Gaga coexisted perfectly.

2 hours ago, dirrtydiana said:

Please look up the definition of a word before you use it. :deadbanana:

I suggest you take your own advice, because what you did was textbook deflection :dies: he’s been effortlessly chewing you up with facts, so much so that you couldn’t even come up with a rebuttal, and had nothing to say by the end other than “yOu MiSgEnDeReD mE” :ahh: I’d expect that type of behavior from Gen-Z, but I highly doubt a britney stan on a pop forum is among that generation :kitty:

59 minutes ago, Isaiah said:

I suggest you take your own advice, because what you did was textbook deflection :dies: he’s been effortlessly chewing you up with facts, so much so that you couldn’t even come up with a rebuttal, and had nothing to say by the end other than “yOu MiSgEnDeReD mE” :ahh: I’d expect that type of behavior from Gen-Z, but I highly doubt a britney stan on a pop forum is among that generation :kitty:

It shows you did not look up the definition. Please learn how to read. Or at the very least don’t come in the middle of an A and B conversation. That user called me a “he” when I’m one of the few known users to be female here. You expect anyone to take whatever they say seriously if he’s just going to make assumptions about people’s age and sexes?

But I digress, because it seems we’re not even reading the same thread as the only one getting chewed here by me and others with facts is that maniac user.

:toofunny2:

On 4/21/2022 at 9:28 PM, perfillusion said:

And when Britney was collab'ing with R Kelly, Christina was releasing songs that were empowering to women and the LGBT and scoring a big, Grammy winning hit album with Stripped.

I know a liddo didn't just bring up R Kelly...

4 minutes ago, Jeremiah said:

:deadbanana2:

Not liddos bringing the meat dress when that rotten dress is only popular in pop culture, nothing else.

Katy was on Gaga’s neck in 2010 - 2011 and then she was above Gaga 2012 - 2016/17, so Katy was never in GaGa’s shadow. 

49 minutes ago, Jeremiah said:

:deadbanana4:

23 minutes ago, manuelalex9810 said:

Katy was on Gaga’s neck in 2010 - 2011 and then she was above Gaga 2012 - 2016/17, so Katy was never in GaGa’s shadow. 

Good use of tense, I'll say that :clap3:

1 hour ago, EnigmaticAndroid said:

:deadbanana4:

Good use of tense, I'll say that :clap3:

the title literally is in past tense :rip:

Xtina had a cute music  moment all to herself from 03-07 but even then Britney’s personal life overshadowed everything. 

Katy was only in Gaga’s shadow during the OOTB era. Gaga was actually in Katy’s shadow during the TD and Prism eras. When Witness came along Katy had already won the war

One was bigger then the other at some point sure but all four are MPGs ♡

Katy was never in anyone’s shadow what is this fanfiction? :rip:She was always the sexy girl with fun bops let’s stop with this failed attempt at rewriting history :dies:

the other girl nobody really cares about lbr

the delusion of thinking Katy at her peak was in the shadow of Gaga :deadbanana4:

Xtina was as big as Britney was, now they are both flops anyway

KP was never a factor seeing how everybody forgot about her after 2013...kinda sad actually 

5 hours ago, Jeremiah said:

:bibliahh:

Yes for both. 

Lady Gaga was much bigger than Katy in her peak. Anybody could tell you that.

9 hours ago, Jeremiah said:

9 hours ago, suburbannature said:

:deadbanana2:

I didn't bring up R Kelly, a Spears stan did out of nowhere as "shade", because they can't stay on topic. I just responded that Britney used him first, defended him, and never apologized or took the song down. Ever hear about glass houses and stones. 

OT: Katy's been in Gaga's shadow since 2008, and continues to be today.

Yes katy yes overshadowed :bunny:

15 hours ago, perfillusion said:

I didn't bring up R Kelly, a Spears stan did out of nowhere as "shade", because they can't stay on topic. I just responded that Britney used him first, defended him, and never apologized or took the song down. Ever hear about glass houses and stones. 

OT: Katy's been in Gaga's shadow since 2008, and continues to be today.

Britney never defended R Kelly as suggested in that clip. She's just disassociating herself from the situation, calling it a strictly professional work, since it was a clearly label-pushed song (R Kelly was a Jive-signed act). In fact, right after the end of your video, Britney says Outrageous is her least favorite off the album. Also, in that same interview, Britney says MATM was her choice as a lead, that the label was pushing for a different one, which most likely was Outrageous: finally pushed as 4th single and even booked as soundtrack to Catwoman, but all cancelled because Britney injured her knee and would just not care to keep it moving.

Here's another interview where she's asked about Outrageous too. She says she actually never met R Kelly to record the song, and as much as the interviewer calls the track "hot," Britney would not compliment it. The difference of mood about the song/Kelly is notorious especially when right after she talks about Moby and praises him all the way:

That's not defending R Kelly. Defending R Kelly would be something like negating his crimes, like this:

23 hours ago, McNulty said:

Yes, Gaga was in Katy's shadow. Let's not pretend Applause Vs. Roar didn't happen

So being more successful for a year means Gaga was in katy shadow during her 14 years old career ? :laugh:

4 hours ago, Jeremiah said:

Britney never defended R Kelly as suggested in that clip. She's just disassociating herself from the situation, calling it a strictly professional work, since it was a clearly label-pushed song (R Kelly was a Jive-signed act). In fact, right after the end of your video, Britney says Outrageous is her least favorite off the album. Also, in that same interview, Britney says MATM was her choice as a lead, that the label was pushing for a different one, which most likely was Outrageous: finally pushed as 4th single and even booked as soundtrack to Catwoman, but all cancelled because Britney injured her knee and would just not care to keep it moving.

Here's another interview where she's asked about Outrageous too. She says she actually never met R Kelly to record the song, and as much as the interviewer calls the track "hot," Britney would not compliment it. The difference of mood about the song/Kelly is notorious especially when right after she talks about Moby and praises him all the way:

That's not defending R Kelly. Defending R Kelly would be something like negating his crimes, like this:

Yikessss. Why do they keep ******* trying man :lmao:

I can't really speak of Katy cause don't know enough about it, but Christina/Britni is more of a perpetual motion machine.

it's illogical, misogynistic, banal and derivative yet it continues because it has become its own entity, and it continues by itself just because. comparison is even somewhat separate of xtina or britney. Xtina acts on the principle "focus only on the positive" so she doesn't address the comparison itself or ban those questions not to mention other stans esp Barmy always find a way to blame her about it no matter what she says or leaves unsaid, so she most likely thinks it's futile.

and who knows maybe Xtina has tried to ban the questions behind the scenes, has only gotten slander for it and deemed it not worth it since she is the kind of personality who mainly thinks about what she herself & her loved ones think. NOt about what some atrl trolls or catty gossip show hosts think.

Since mid 2011, Gaga was in the shadow of literally everyone, Katy, Adele, Rihanna, etc. the situation continued and Katy overshadowed Gaga from 2012, 2013, 2015, 2015. So no

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.