• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• brainmaniac

• dirrtydiana

• suburbannature

• GraceRandolph

2 minutes ago, brazil said:

Is that why noone even noticed Xtina in the VMA 2003? 

Christina was definitely noticed at the VMAs that year. It’s Missy Elliott people forget us there because she came in later 

The numbers don’t lie and you know Stripped was more successful :celestial6:

7 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

Oh please. More like all the Britney fans humiliated by Britney not even singing on her 2013 hid behind Katy to attack Gaga who they had been pressed about since the year Britney’s conservatorship started.

All the draggings came from the cats and then the other fanbases joined since no one couldn't stand the monsters back then, don't blame on the army when liddos were hostile towards everybody.

12 minutes ago, Erreur2 La Nature said:

There has never been any rivalry between Lady Gaga and Katy Perry and Katy has never been in her shadow.

Christina Aguilera has always been in Britney's shadow since she debuted. Even 24 years later all of the interviews she does end up having many questions about Britney Spears.

14 years later Katy still having Gaga questions too

4 minutes ago, UnusualBoy said:

All the draggings came from the cats and then the other fanbases joined since no one couldn't stand the monsters back then, don't blame on the army when liddos were hostile towards everybody.

Every fanbase was hostile…and most Monsters weren’t even in high school back then. :bibliahh:

18 minutes ago, Zymphonic said:

Xtina was definitely in Britney's shadow, yes.

How?? Christina was racking up #1’s getting Grammys, selling millions of albums (not more than Britney but still a **** ton of albums) .. Britney only had albums to her name and Kids Choice awards. 

For Britney/Xtina? Absolutely 

For Katy/Gaga? Absolutely not. For a good long while, Katy was far more relevant to people who aren’t online pop Stan’s (so the vast majority of the public) 

17 minutes ago, brazil said:

Although Gaga was more impactful than Katy, their styles were very different and Katy singles success made her stand apart from Gaga

:cm:

While Katy and Gaga ended up being pit against each other, they never really shared the spotlight since they were both pretty district. They both had their time to shine.

9 minutes ago, brazil said:

Is that why noone even noticed Xtina in the VMA 2003? 

Being noticed bc you were in a relationship with a misogynist like Justin Timberlake is not something to be proud of :biblio:

like do you stan the artist or the celebrity? Like I’m sorry if Im a musician who takes my art seriously I want to known for my vocals and performances not because I sat on some sleazy dudes wiener 

4 minutes ago, BionicWooHoo said:

Being noticed bc you were in a relationship with a misogynist like Justin Timberlake is not something to be proud of :biblio:

like do you stan the artist or the celebrity? Like I’m sorry if Im a musician who takes my art seriously I want to known for my vocals and performances not because I sat on some sleazy dudes wiener 

Then wouldn’t going on a world tour with said misogynist be 10x worse?

lest us not forgot this moment either (end of the video):

16 minutes ago, Link16 said:

14 years later Katy still having Gaga questions too

Ok, I don't really listen to their interviews ! Good to know and congrats on the hit thread babe :clap3:

With  Christina and Brit, yes. Their parallels were so similar but with what differs with is one is a vocalist. 

But Katy and Gaga were so different and co-existed with each other. 
Katy was the all American, hello kitty, bubbly girl while Gaga was really New York edm, avant-garde fashion girl. 

So no for Gaga and Katy, while yes for Christina and Britney. 

2 minutes ago, Oxy said:

With  Christina and Brit, yes. Their parallels were so similar but with what differs with is one is a vocalist. 

But Katy and Gaga were so different and co-existed with each other. 
Katy was the all American, hello kitty, bubbly girl while Gaga was really New York edm, avant-garde fashion girl. 

So no for Gaga and Katy, while yes for Christina and Britney. 

But if Katy being bubbly is enough to separate her from Gaga, then Christina being a vocalist is even more than enough to separate her from a dancer like Britney 

Xtina for sure.... But Katy was bigger and better than Gaga

1 minute ago, brainmaniac said:

But if Katy being bubbly is enough to separate her from Gaga, then Christina being a vocalist is even more than enough to separate her from a dancer like Britney 

But Christina and Brit had the Blonde girl pop star sponsored by huge energy drinks, came off Disney show. So many examples to use as how they are very similar but little different. 

The example of difference are one is vocalist with slight edge in terms of being daring while the other is a dancer/showgirl. 

The only thing Katy and Gaga share are debit years and fashion. 

41 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

The way I only see certain users like @Erreur2 La Nature post in threads about Gaga to throw some lame shade, or pin all toxic fandom behavior on little monsters!!!1!1!1!!1

Sis, u literally hate on Britney EVERY time I see u

talk about the pot calling the kettle black

Just now, Rev8 said:

Huh? I like Britney, but of course I keep some of her fans in line. Are you sure I only hate on Britney when I called some of her albums great in another thread and said she overshadowed Xtina in this thread?

11 minutes ago, Oxy said:

But Christina and Brit had the Blonde girl pop star sponsored by huge energy drinks, came off Disney show. So many examples to use as how they are very similar but little different. 

The example of difference are one is vocalist with slight edge in terms of being daring while the other is a dancer/showgirl. 

The only thing Katy and Gaga share are debit years and fashion. 

Gaga and Katy had hair similarities too. They were both known for wearing colorful wigs and wacky fashion. And even Britney actually had more of a lighter brown hair look on her debut. Even her debut album cover has her in lighter brown hair and Christina later differentiated her hair a lot by going black for most of Stripped and even her blonde look during that time was much different than Britney’s 

What energy drinks were they associated with?

Even if people compared Britney and Christina early on, Christina definitely differentiated herself musically and appearance wise in their prime. (And at the end of the day, they are recording artists first and foremost)

Gaga and Katy never differentiated in their primes and both were known for looking wacky and colorful and releasing dance pop music in their prime. Gaga later toned it down after she started struggling commercially and adopted a rock/folk persona/look but people weren’t comparing them by then. Christina made sure to stand apart while people were still comparing.

Edited by brainmaniac

9 minutes ago, Rev8 said:

I do enjoy throwing shade here and there, that's literally what ATRL is made for but that Grace user is literally the first person to run in every Britney thread to post some horrible comments :dies: :dies: :dies:

OT: Christina has unfortunately been in Britney's shadow since 1998 but thats great to see the whole forum agreeing on something for once :heart2:

Edited by Erreur2 La Nature

3 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

Huh? I like Britney, but of course I keep some of her fans in line. Are you sure I only hate on Britney when I called some of her albums great in another thread and said she overshadowed Xtina in this thread?

Well u just also commented on a thread that Britney is dancing in front of Alleged poop :dies:

and u specifically go against B fans, when there are others who also hate on Gaga

but yea, u aren't as bad as some obhs yet so nvm. making sure of the situation

56 minutes ago, brainmaniac said:

Same with Christina and Britney. Christina was bigger on Stripped and Back To Basics vs In The Zone and Blackout and Christina even had bigger singles on their debut. And of course she stood out a lot against Britney with her voice and by being viewed as a more serious artist 

Spotify

Baby One More Time (SONG) - 497M > Christina Aguilera (ALBUM) - 492M

Toxic (SONG) - 746M > Strapped (ALBUM)  - 733M

Back To Basics (ALBUM) - 392M > Gimme More (SONG) - 325M 

For apparently being bigger than Britney at the time, Legend X sure does struggle being remembered! 

2 minutes ago, Both Sides Now said:

Spotify

Baby One More Time (SONG) - 497M > Christina Aguilera (ALBUM) - 492M

Toxic (SONG) - 746M > Strapped (ALBUM)  - 733M

Back To Basics (ALBUM) - 392M > Gimme More (SONG) - 325M 

For apparently being bigger than Britney at the time, Legend X sure does struggle being remembered! 

:deadbanana:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.