14 years later Gaga selling Stadium Tours, what went right?

Link16

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BILLIONAIRE✘BOY

• GraceRandolph

• Mystic Boy

• Miichael

1 minute ago, Jjang said:

Madonna NEEDs panned films and panned performances? make it make sense

deluxeyxx-gaga-crying.gif

BAFTA nomination + NYFCC win =/= panned sweetheart

1 minute ago, GraceRandolph said:

BAFTA nomination + NYFCC win =/= panned sweetheart

Sweetheart I'm just quoting what your friend said:

Gaga is an academy award winner, an AOTY nominee, grosses 1.5m per night in vegas. she doesnt NEED panned films and panned VMA appearence

4 minutes ago, Schhh said:

Maybe she'll finally have a tour with $100M gross? When was the last time she achieved this, in 2011?

drag ha 

end ha

microwave ha

:clap3: 

These people are acting like Gaga should be on stage with a talking SH*T embarrassing herself for a measley 550k a night :rofl: Like she didn't just win a grammy for a jazz album :rofl: Like she didn't  just make ALL precursors with house of gucci :rofl:

Check your fave. They ain't doing stadium tours. She is. They ain't being asked to do soundtracks she is. Her career doesnt depend on some fad #1s from 2011-13 on tiktok. your fave's does.

That is when you will learn who is who and what is what about what went right.

1 hour ago, GlamSlam said:

She hasn't filled stadiums. and I'm sure she would be delighted knowing you'd rather watch her reenact scenes from ASIB or HOG in a (terrible) Italian accent, than actually sing or hammer her piano with her feet. :rip:

your constant meltdowns in this thread are absolutely hilarious :ahh: the level you are fuming.  thank you for making us all laugh

@GraceRandolph SWATTING them down one by one :ahh:Monsters dont even have to try at this point, I'm screaminG :ahh:

Really surprised Katy's career didnt age well since her stats werent that bad one a point, ah well. Guess brief high grossing tours dont equal longevity :deadbanana4: Guess that explains why they switched avis :rip:

25 minutes ago, Jjang said:

Wth is this comment :rip: Gaga hasn’t even moved half of Madonna’s first 15 years units nor will she ever match them :rip: Let alone the remaining 25 years. 

There’s a reason AP / Joanne / Chromatica underperformed. Won’t count L4S even tho Madonna’s Jazz album smashed :heart2:

Even Movies wise, where Madonna is a panned mess - Dick Tracy + Evita combined had a bigger gross than HOG + ASIB. By 1996 she also had A League of Their Own + Desperately Seeking Susan + Truth or Dare too which are all successful films. Gaga has 2. 

21 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

Ummm, no they do not.

21 minutes ago, Mr. Stratus said:

she has 2 films one the highest grossing adult film, one won her trifecta, one won her BA. So 2/2 so far is good :rofl:

Not comparing fad 90s cd sales to the streaming era :rofl:

Gaga is an academy award winner, an AOTY nominee, grosses 1.5m per night in vegas. she doesnt NEED panned films and panned VMA appearence. Get some respect. 

a TOURING force i fear.

OIP.7zA2U52x2poA09OyveIdqAHaHa?pid=ImgDet&rs=1

17 minutes ago, Mystic Boy said:

Were massive yeah :cm:

Ruthless :deadbanana2: That Kitten really thought :soda:

15 minutes ago, Jjang said:

Gross adjusted for inflation: 

Dick Tracy - $357,980,372 

A League of Their Own - $271,397,359

Evita - $258,455,246

Desperately Seeking Susan also grossed $73,208,201 in the US (HOG did $54m) 

12 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

So no single movie outgrossed ASIB? HOG did $156M in a pandemic. So Gaga is outpacing her with two movies in a crap market for film.

:ahh:

The critical and commercial failures in here angry that gaga is thriving YEARS while their faves are 90's fads :ahh:

3 minutes ago, GlamSlam said:

:lmao: I'm surprised you had the audacity to go there considering Gaga has a compilation of stage falls on YT, and has been creatively bankrupt for the best part of a decade, but let's ignore the previous three decades where Madonna's stayed on top and gave 600+ amazing performances, and focus on that one special moment where she didn't untie her cape at the right time, and was dragged (not fallen) down some steps by her dancers. Let's take a look at the shining beacon of talent you claim your fav is:

For all Madonna's faults at 63, she has never fallen as far as your fav has in the last decade (artistically, physically and mentally) and Gaga's 35? Madonna's always been a strong woman, strong enough to never allow negative criticism get to her without her mental health spiraling into the abyss, or cry and act like a victim whenever she receives a bad reception to an album/performance. I guess we can also add poor sportsmanship in there too, going by how she reacted to losing out to Katy Perry beating her to #1.

Unlike other fanbases, we don;t live and breath for accolades, #1s and success, so whether this biopic is a success of not, doesn't faze us. We have an idea it won't be a success anyway going by the people that'#s against it, and of course Liddo's will only be two happy to contribute to it's failure by flocking to meta, forums and news articles to trash it.  Truth be known, the haters will have already written their reviews an hour after it was announced. :clown:

So now fibromyalgia and depression make a woman weak? Damn you guys sound like fascists with this mentality. Gaga is strong even if she is different than Madonna. These reductive comparisons are so...icky.

45 minutes ago, WildAmerican said:

i have you ignored but heard there was an OGH melting-down in here that i couldn't miss and boyyyy:ahh:

omg :ahh:

Edited by BILLIONAIRE✘BOY

4 minutes ago, GlamSlam said:

I guess we can also add poor sportsmanship in there too, going by how she reacted to losing out to Katy Perry beating her to #1.

PLEASE :rip: 

1 minute ago, GlamSlam said:

:bibliahh:These posts are giving me life.

and liddos wonder why they're constantly mocked and seen as a laughing stock with all fanbases.:lmao:

sis you even have madonna stans in here letting you know that your behaviour is just totally embarrassing :rip: gaga has a successful tour so you've launched into a meltdown about madonna's achievements from decades ago for the last several hours :skull: like please find a hobby or something lmao

Just now, GlamSlam said:

:bibliahh:These posts are giving me life.

and liddos wonder why they're constantly mocked and seen as a laughing stock with all fanbases.:lmao:

madonna.jpeg?quality=75&width=1200&auto=webp

OT:

A better question is what DIDN'T go right. Gaga keeps winning, keeps selling (Chromatica has outsold many albums in pure sales), and is onto bigger and better things.

Gaga health condition is at risk, is probably one of her last tours. 

Gaga: *breathes*

OGH: Please! and how long have tickets been on sale? Madonna's stadium dates were all sold out within minutes after she announced them, (and this was 27 years after her debut)

No one is boiling but you (yet again). The OP made a thread that basically asked for our opinions. If you can't handle facts, then go to Gagadaily where you can blindly worship everything she does without anyone posting facts and causing you distress. 99% of your posts are all about "OGHs", so ATRL clearly isn't good for your mental health, hon. https://www.livenationentertainment.com/2009/02/sticky-sweet-hot-hot-hot-madonna-summer-shows-sell-out-in-minutes/ and here we have liddos wetting themselves over a few lousy dates with the majority still not sold out. This wasn't even Madonna at her peak...

For all Madonna's faults at 63, she has never fallen as far as your fav has in the last decade (artistically, physically and mentally) and Gaga's 35? Madonna's always been a strong woman, strong enough to never allow negative criticism get to her without her mental health spiraling into the abyss, or cry and act like a victim whenever she receives a bad reception to an album/performance. I guess we can also add poor sportsmanship in there too, going by how she reacted to losing out to Katy Perry beating her to #1. Actually, Sticky and Sweet was a tour that came from Hard Candy, and that was considered a disappointment after Confessions. 1985-90 was her peak years. Unlike other fanbases, we don;t live and breath for accolades, #1s and success, so whether this biopic is a success of not, doesn't faze us. We have an idea it won't be a success anyway going by the people that'#s against it, and of course Liddo's will only be two happy to contribute to it's failure by flocking to meta, forums and news articles to trash it.  Truth be known, the haters will have already written their reviews an hour after it was announced. These posts are giving me life and liddos wonder why they're constantly mocked and seen as a laughing stock with all fanbases

She's always had some sort of touring power, no one's debating that

Can't say the same about the short-lived chart runs and and decline in nearly all-fronts

Ufmj.gif

Came here to point out that Gaga has been selling out stadiums since 2010 so it’s not really a surprise, but stayed for the OGH’s frothing at the mouth YET AGAIN, bringing up random retired acts to prove god knows what kind of bizarre and irrelevant point :clap:Gaga truly has her 8-inch heels on some necks around here :gaygacat4:

1 minute ago, Robyn. said:

Can't say the same about the short-lived chart runs and and decline in nearly all-fronts

Ufmj.gif

I heard that touring makes an artist the most money.

Probably the reason Rihanna retired from music.

Ufmj.gif

Edited by Zaram

1 minute ago, Robyn. said:

Ufmj.gif

I don’t think Robyn is allowed to post in a thread about touring power

Ufmj.gif

1 minute ago, Resquid said:

Came here to point out that Gaga has been selling out stadiums since 2010 so it’s not really a surprise, but stayed for the OGH’s frothing at the mouth YET AGAIN, bringing up random retired acts to prove god knows what kind of bizarre and irrelevant point :clap:Gaga truly has her 8-inch heels on some necks around here :gaygacat4:

Just now, Zaram said:

Ufmj.gif

1 minute ago, Bimbo said:

I don’t think Robyn is allowed to post in a thread about touring power

Ufmj.gif

Basic comprehension skills would let you know that I wasn't debating touring power

guess you're gonna have to work on that huh

Ufmj.gif

3 minutes ago, Zaram said:

Ufmj.gif

You really typed that and thought "yup this is THE joke :coffee:"

lmao

Ufmj.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.