The Rings of Power | Amazon | Season 2 begins August 29 | Teaser Out | LotR Prequel

Eóghan

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Eóghan

• Drowned8World

• SpankGangsta

• Feanor

Finished both episodes and honestly this was great? I thought that it was going to be boring or too fastastical but whole 1x01 was slow 1x02 snapped with the sea worm and then the battle with the Orc (even the battle with the winter troll was exciting).

I love the creatures, the landscapes/cities and the main characters are interesting and different from each other, the dwarfs were funny and the hobbit girls are cute, this is serving Never ending story meets Star Wars Endor and I like it, it honestly grabbed my attention more than HoD because it looks gray/grim and everyone looks like the same and love triangles drama is kinda boring by now.

I even like Elrond and he’s hot? And also Gamli is the one from the films right?  like Galandriel and Elrond! Can we expect to see Smaug?? Or the white wizard??  

22 minutes ago, Dark Phoenix said:

I love the creatures, the landscapes/cities and the main characters are interesting and different from each other, the dwarfs were funny and the hobbit girls are cute, this is serving Never ending story meets Star Wars Endor and I like it, it honestly grabbed my attention more than HoD because it looks gray/grim and everyone looks like the same and love triangles drama is kinda boring by now.

I even like Elrond and he’s hot? And also Gamli is the one from the films right?  like Galandriel and Elrond! Can we expect to see Smaug?? Or the white wizard??  

'never ending story' meet 'endor" is spot on 

for a moment I was like who the **** is "Gamli"? :toofunny2: i had to google it and it's actually prince Durin and princess Disa's son. their 2 children 'gamli' and 'gerda'? the fact you caught that lol, i watched the episodes twice and i didn't. even if I watched them 5 times I wouldn't have registered the children name. yeah no "Gimli" from the movies is 3000 years later, so it's impossible but he is a descendant of the line of Durin like all the dwarves.

Smaug? unlikely but other dragons yes.

as for the white wizard? well the big theory on reddit at the moment is that meteor man/the stranger is a wizard but which one? saruman? gandalf? or a new one. it's just a theory but he does give "wizard" vibe

pra.jpg

Incels are the weakest, angriest and most fragile people on Earth :skull:.

They're always the first to say "tRUST thE aUdiEnCe sCoRes, noT thE pAiD sHiLL cRiTiCs" :skull:.

House of the Dragon User Ratings: 2658 (It premiered almost TWO weeks ago)

The Rings of Power User Ratings: 8701

Incels: It's NoT rEVIew-BOmbinG!1!

Edited by Broken

@Eóghan thank you for the reply! Yeah I got Gimli and Gamli confused ? I thought that dwarf also lived long lives.

Excited for what’s next, both last trilogies were entertaining so this should be a fun trip.

Glad to see the incels are losing on YouTube all the top lord of the rings fan YouTube channels and book tubers are giving the show a positive reviews. 

51 minutes ago, Happylittlepunk said:

Glad to see the incels are losing on YouTube all the top lord of the rings fan YouTube channels and book tubers are giving the show a positive reviews. 

They are very active on RT and metacritic.

I just saw the hidden comments under Morfydd Clark post on instagram and they were... :biblio: some people are really sick in the head.

1 hour ago, Drowned8World said:

They are very active on RT and metacritic.

I just saw the hidden comments under Morfydd Clark post on instagram and they were... :biblio: some people are really sick in the head.

Yep what’s worse a lot of them are straight up being racists and sexist on Amazon and IMDb which is why they blocked any reviews right now. Those sites are the only one where they can try to win because they already lost on mainstream social media like YouTube and Reddit. 

Edited by Happylittlepunk

I just watched Episode 2! I really liked it! Each of the arcs are really picking up already. My dad didn't really like the pilot but he enjoyed the second episode.

Also, Khazad-dum/Dwarrowdelf is absolutely beautiful. :jonny: It just makes it so much more heartbreaking knowing that it's going to become Moria.

4 hours ago, Broken said:

pra.jpg

Incels are the weakest, angriest and most fragile people on Earth :skull:.

They're always the first to say "tRUST thE aUdiEnCe sCoRes, noT thE pAiD sHiLL cRiTiCs" :skull:.

House of the Dragon User Ratings: 2658 (It premiered almost TWO weeks ago)

The Rings of Power User Ratings: 8701

Incels: It's NoT rEVIew-BOmbinG!1!

While I do think this is rather ridiculous at this point, you cannot just attribute this to 'incels' anymore. 

Look at House of the Dragon. They race-swapped an entire family too, and the incels did complain at first but it made little noise and burned out quickly. Why? Because the themes and tone remained the same and they didn't really alter the story and characters in a jarring way and the fandom loves it for the most part.

It's true that the author of the books is heavily involved in that one, but I'm sure Amazon could have done a more faithful adaptation if they wanted to. 

It's okay to admit that Amazon put themselves in a position in which they had VERY big shoes to fill in but unfortunately took a wrong approach to it and now turned an entire fanbase against them. 

this series should in that battle against Sauron that we saw in the first minutes of Fellowship of the Ring, right?

2 minutes ago, Drowned8World said:

this series should in that battle against Sauron that we saw in the first minutes of Fellowship of the Ring, right?

Yes but that will likely not be until season 5.

I loved this. I don't really know the source material all that well, so it's more of a fantasy series for me. But I think it's visually spectacular and I've been really enjoying the performances. I'm looking forward to seeing it progress.

Ok watched episode 2

Its MILES better than episode 1. And honestly that episode is one of the weakest pilot episode I've seen tbh. Thankfully episode 2 is great. It's still confusing to me cause I haven't read the book nor do I really follow the movies

I do wish they flesh out the world and whole story with Sauron or whatever they were fighting before they start with the current storyline so its easier for normie like me to follow

I do think people are being extra with the meltdown over this show cause its honestly not bad (its kinda good), but maybe thats because I didn't read the books

Edited by SpankGangsta

10 hours ago, Eóghan said:

Sorry missed your post. So ..

1. Yeah she was sent (back) to their version of heaven (undying lands of valinor). You can say that i guess, but it's more complicated than that since the elves never die. No need to get into that lol, let's just say it's also where the elves originally came from. For example Galadriel is so old that she was born in Valinor, that's where we see her at the beginning of the episode with her older brother. When Morgoth killed the trees, most of the elves decided to go to middle earth to kick his ass, when the job was done some of them decided to stay because they fell in love with middle earth but eventually all of them will have to go back. And yes they might be able to leave again, but they only travel to Valinor when they tire of Middle Earth, when they have no desire to return. It's a one-way trip in principle. In this case for Galadriel the high King kinda forced her hand to go when she clearly had unfinished business with middle earth.

2. Humans from the southlands hate the elves because they're kinda like cops who were sent to keep them in check because they made bad decisions in the past. (they sided with Sauron's boss, morgoth) The elves are just there to make sure they don't make the same mistakes, of course it creates some kind of oppression and resentment from the humans.

And no Sauron isn't an elf and the elves have nothing to do with him becoming evil.

3. Harfoots are hobbits. Just ancestors, 3000 years before The Hobbit/LOTR trilogy.

4. We don't know. A mystery that will be resolved at some point during the show.

Yeah she has plenty of flaws, they're just not physical, they're mental. Which is all the more interesting. 

Love your soldier boy avi btw

SoldierBoyAc2.thumb.gif.0ed64eb75b87887c 

12 hours ago, Jotham said:

Reveal hidden contents

Yeah, the Harfoots are Hobbits. There are basically three different types of Hobbits: Stoors, Fallohides, and Harfoots.

Thank u so much for the replies! 

I must say they really need to step up on the character department, I only find Elnord, Nori and the dwarves to be likeable so far

None of the humans are interesting, the wooden elf and his human friend + son storyline kinda bores me 

Galadriel is just there at the moment

I wish for more dwarves scene in the future

34 minutes ago, Nip Tuck said:

Haven’t watched yet but can someone tell me why it’s being review bombed?

nvm just found it’s bc black people exist

i cant stand the insecurity of white fans

Omfg the visuals :loki: i will watch this for that alone tbh, just breathtaking
The story is starting to shape aswell, interested to see where it goes.. i need more
The only thing that didnt catch me so far are the characters, idk if its because of the actors or the material but the characters are the least interesting part so far (obviously we're just 2 episodes in so  that could change fast)

But overall i still loved it so far, 9/10 :clap3:
ppl would hate on this no matter what, you simply cant please those pretentious tolkien stans :michael:

Watched Ep. 2 as well. Gotta say, the production value is insane - the set pieces and the VFX look gorgeous for the most part, the way this "TV" show shits on everything the multibillion-dollar grossing MCU has put out in the last couple years has me gagging :skull: It's not perfect - sometimes the lighting is off in the context of the background and that makes it obvious which parts are greenscreened in. Characters look too sharp, aren't lit to match their surroundings well and don't blend in to their environment, which is really sad since it would take like an additional 1% of total VFX time to edge this out and it would literally look like the most beautiful VFX that has been ever put on TV and cinema.

As for the narrative and directing - Ep. 2 was miles better than the first, somehow the first felt... lifeless. The second improved a lot on the pacing and characterization as well although I still find Arondir's storyline with the mother and the son so weak that they could just simply cut it out and it wouldn't make a difference. (Other than the relief of not having to watch the actor's wooden face.) Dwarves are good [though then again the most out-of-place VFX was shown when they used that elevator :rip: but other than that they were enjoyable], harfoots are surprisingly interesting and lively [I thought I will find them boring, but they're enjoyable and Lenny Henry gave literally the best performance of the season so far with just 10 seconds of screentime], and the elven storyline is interesting aswell. Though I gotta say that Morfydd has a lot to improve. She has the looks and the voice for Galadriel, she has to match them by showcasing some acting talent, but in Ep. 2 she already was more tolerable than in Ep. 1.

12 hours ago, Eóghan said:

It's not just her, it's all the elves :dies: It's a bit jarring at first but you get used to it, it's gonna take some adjustment. They have a very stoic way of speaking, with poetic eloquent words which makes it feel like a theater play. I'm not surprised because one of the showrunner (who graduated in english literature) said he was very inspired by shakespeare when he wrote the episodes.

I wasn't a fan of her delivery at first but I loved it on second viewing. The way she acts helps tremendously, I just like how traumatized she is. There's a constant wide-eyed paranoia that she carries in every scene that just hit for me. She's so sincere in her pursuit and it doesn't feel like it comes from a place of ego like: I need to be right!

It's not even that - I find Elrond and the others quite enjoyable sans Arondir. 

And I bet the wizard is Gandalf! We always meet him first with hobbits.

3 hours ago, SpankGangsta said:

I must say they really need to step up on the character department, I only find Elnord, Nori and the dwarves to be likeable so far

None of the humans are interesting, the wooden elf and his human friend + son storyline kinda bores me 

Galadriel is just there at the moment

I wish for more dwarves scene in the future

Agreed with all of this.

The effects are really stunning, it feels like Middle Earth for sure. The score by Bear Mccreary is nice though there is a bit too much of it everywhere, it felt like they don't let the scenes breathe a bit without a backing track. The costumes as well are gorgeous but also a bit too "clean".

I definitely agree that the actress for Galadriel is a bit on the weaker side for now, surprisingly I found myself being really captured by the dwarves and Elrond so that is the storyline I am anticipating the most, which I didn't expect. The dialogue feels heavy handed at times (most of the time). 

Definitely looking forward to seeing the full season, I feel like these incarnations of the characters might grow on people.

The season finale needs to drop so I can watch it alreadyyy

I can't wait no more

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.