Two Cis Female Inmates at NJ Prison impregnated by Trans Woman Inmate

Rogue

25 minutes ago, frenchyisback said:

This is not the 80s/90s anymore. :rip:

The overwhelming majority of sex in prison is consensual. Rape is no more common in than out of prison.

Most guys have prison wives/gf with "sissies" (The Official Term In Jail - Don't WP me)who are more feminine & willing and thus more appealing to them in exchange of protection or commissary or just to have someone to spend time with when in jail.

If you ever get raped in prison, it means that you disrespected the wrong person and they really try to ruin your rep & scar you for life. But it's really more of an atomic weapon. It ain't something  common anymore.

Idk, sex in exchange for protection/food doesn't sound very consensual to me.

Besides, sexual assault in prisons is hardly a thing of the past. It's mentioned in the very article that the OP linked to.

Plus the following study showed:

In 2011-12, an estimated 4.0% of state and federal prison inmates and 3.2% of jail inmates reported experiencing one or more incidents of sexual victimization by another inmate or facility staff in the past 12 months or since admission to the facility, if less than 12 months.

Link (plus this is only the officially reported number, the actual number is thought to be higher, especially amongst juvenile offenders).

Comparing rape within prisons to rape outside prisons also isn't really productive seeing as you'd expect it to be lower in an environment where you're constantly monitored. At the end of the day, the prison is responsible for its inmates' safety.

1 hour ago, Tinashegrande6 said:

Idk, sex in exchange for protection/food doesn't sound very consensual to me.

Besides, sexual assault in prisons is hardly a thing of the past. It's mentioned in the very article that the OP linked to.

Plus the following study showed:

Link (plus this is only the officially reported number, the actual number is thought to be higher, especially amongst juvenile offenders).

Comparing rape within prisons to rape outside prisons also isn't really productive seeing as you'd expect it to be lower in an environment where you're constantly monitored. At the end of the day, the prison is responsible for its inmates' safety.

• People have sex for material things all the time. As long as you're not pressured into it, it's ok to me.
  • Good point about the monitoring. My whole point was that the "don't drop the soap rape" in prison is mostly a thing of the past.

The few gays I have talked to who've been in & out of jail tell me of similar stories. Most of them talk about it as a whack summer camp tbh, they seem to have fun memories on the "dating" side (tho off course they would have preferred to be free the whole time):

Edited by frenchyisback

1 hour ago, frenchyisback said:

Sorry but I think that the fact that we now have an innocent baby that was born with 2 parents in jail and will have to live with the consequences of that for the rest of his/her life is a big problem for me.

What are the chances of him growing up to be a good citizen? As if life is not hard enough without growing up with 2 parents behind bars.

let gay couple adopt the kids :cm: 

6 hours ago, Jay-El said:

The problem is that they’re inmates. Sexual contact of any kind is prohibited and most likely a charge. 

Sounds like we should be reconsidering our ideas of crime and punishment and if not busting a nut is somehow actually productive to rehabilitating those in jail as opposed to being mad trans women exist. 

"But-but-but prisoners don't deserve RIGHTS to sex!" is such an unserious thought. You think someone in jail for a year for shoplifting isn't going to have sex is desired and consensual? 

Edited by Communion

And the kids are then taken away and may end up in foster care. See the problem? They’re in there all day long. The entire prison could end up knocked up. Babies everywhere with parents in prison. Straight into the foster care system if no one agrees to take them. 

Edited by Horizon Flame

Whew Chile! I will have to ignore all of the headlines and post because this is about to get messy.

8 hours ago, CaptainMusic said:

I get that but my point is that cis females have consensual sexual contact in prison all the time, so these women getting pregnant after having consensual sex with a trans woman is not a big deal to me.

It would be different if they were forced and then got pregnant.  

It’s kind of a big deal to give birth to a baby while in prison. I imagine that’s a reason why men and women are separated so that kids aren’t born into such a fucked situation.

4 hours ago, frenchyisback said:

Sorry but I think that the fact that we now have an innocent baby that was born with 2 parents in jail and will have to live with the consequences of that for the rest of his/her life is a big problem for me.

What are the chances of him growing up to be a good citizen? As if life is not hard enough without growing up with 2 parents behind bars.

Thank you. Folks are in here acting like that kid isn’t the biggest loser in this situation. 

13 minutes ago, Hallad173 said:

It’s kind of a big deal to give birth to a baby while in prison. I imagine that’s a reason why men and women are separated so that kids aren’t born into such a fucked situation.

5 hours ago, frenchyisback said:

Ok and? My point still stands. 

The agenda being pushed by this headline and people like you is so obvious. The only other solution is to put trans women in male prisons where they are FAR more likely to get beaten up and abused in a male prison then they are to impregnate a cis woman who had consensual sex with them. 

There are tons of orphans with shitty straight parents that have been imprisoned, it unfortunately is what it is. 

4 hours ago, CaptainMusic said:

Ok and? My point still stands. 

The agenda being pushed by this headline and people like you is so obvious. The only other solution is to put trans women in male prisons where they are FAR more likely to get beaten up and abused in a male prison then they are to impregnate a cis woman who had consensual sex with them. 

There are tons of orphans with shitty straight parents that have been imprisoned, it unfortunately is what it is. 

It also seems to downplay the reality that pregnancy is a choice and that sex in itself occurs constantly without resulting in pregnancy. But I guess the same people who think being in jail means people shouldn't have sex also probably want to deny prisoners their right to access contraceptives and things that make sex safe. If you don't want jailhouse pregnancies, supply jails with condoms and dental dams - something "progressive" states (as much as one can be progressive in supporting prisons) have long already done. :cm:

On 4/16/2022 at 7:59 PM, Communion said:

It also seems to downplay the reality that pregnancy is a choice and that sex in itself occurs constantly without resulting in pregnancy. But I guess the same people who think being in jail means people shouldn't have sex also probably want to deny prisoners their right to access contraceptives and things that make sex safe. If you don't want jailhouse pregnancies, supply jails with condoms and dental dams - something "progressive" states (as much as one can be progressive in supporting prisons) have long already done. :cm:

So you're telling me this could have been avoided if basic humane measures would have been put in place? :eek:

On 4/16/2022 at 7:31 PM, Bloodflowers. said:

Wait, consensual sex is illegal in prison? What? :skull:

what is up with all these prison-theme fantasy :ahh: 

03q03L.gif

Ah, so this is the latest terf story.

Why aren't prisoners allowed abortion anyway? Everything always has to be harder than it needs to be.

People discovering trans lesbians exist

On 4/16/2022 at 1:55 PM, Horizon Flame said:

And the kids are then taken away and may end up in foster care. See the problem? They’re in there all day long. The entire prison could end up knocked up. Babies everywhere with parents in prison. Straight into the foster care system if no one agrees to take them. 

“The entire prison could end up knocked up” do you see the kind of insane fantasies you have to conjure up to rationalize your transphobia?

I don’t exactly see the big issue. It was consensual and this is much better than it being sex with a guard :rip:

Inmates are going to find a way to do this stuff, it’s just in human nature. Obviously the smart thing to do is support cases like this when they do happen or, better yet, give inmates access to basic sexual healthcare that would prevent this and other situations. 

Regardless, if the issue is supposed to be a pregnant women being in jail, that is going to happen either way; whether they enter jail pregnant or whether they get pregnant in jail (and this is obviously rarer). It seems to me the only “controversy” surrounding this case in particular is that it involves a trans person, as there’s no rule against pregnant women entering jail and it is something that happens all the time yet we never hear about those. These “think about the child!” takes only ever come up when it involves queer people and that is incredibly see through as to why. 

Edited by fountain

• ATRL Moderator

People having sex in prison? Shocking! :eek: 

On 4/16/2022 at 8:34 PM, Terrielle said:

Trans people just have the worst headlines ever in the media omg. I've never seen a group with worse publicity. :rip:

People don’t understand the trans identity; it’s totally alien and kinda curious for most people. Just like gays were 50 years ago

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.