Two Cis Female Inmates at NJ Prison impregnated by Trans Woman Inmate

Rogue

Two women incarcerated at Edna Mahan Correctional Facility — the state’s only female prison — have become pregnant after having sex with a transgender inmate, NJ Advance Media has learned.

It appears the women became pregnant from “consensual sexual relationships with another incarcerated person,” Dan Sperrazza, the DOC’s external affairs executive director, said.

The revelation presents a thorny problem for state corrections officials, who have been grappling with the sexual abuse and exploitation of inmates by staff at the prison for the past decade.

The developments follow a settlement agreement with the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) of New Jersey last year, which stipulates that transgender prisoners should be housed in line with their gender identity.

That settlement stemmed from a lawsuit by a transgender woman who was sent to a men’s prison, where she alleged she received inadequate medical care and was abused by male inmates and staff.

Advocates hailed the agreement as necessary reform that moved New Jersey to the forefront of trans rights along with states like California and Massachusetts that have implemented policies on how transgender prisoners should be housed and medically treated.

https://www.nj.com/news/2022/04/two-women-at-nj-prison-are-pregnant-after-consensual-sex-between-inmates-doc-says.html?outputType=amp

Well if the relationship was consensual I don’t see the problem that I’m sure some people will make of this.

4 minutes ago, CaptainMusic said:

Well if the relationship was consensual I don’t see the problem that I’m sure some people will make of this.

The problem is that they’re inmates. Sexual contact of any kind is prohibited and most likely a charge. 

1 minute ago, Jay-El said:

The problem is that they’re inmates. Sexual contact of any kind is prohibited and most likely a charge. 

I get that but my point is that cis females have consensual sexual contact in prison all the time, so these women getting pregnant after having consensual sex with a trans woman is not a big deal to me.

It would be different if they were forced and then got pregnant.  

Guess Republicans, terfs (and other unpleasant individuals) are going to have a field day with this…

Trans people just have the worst headlines ever in the media omg. I've never seen a group with worse publicity. :rip:

I understand that it’s wrong for them to have sex (considering they’re inmates and officers, that’s prohibited) but the sex was consensual. I thought it would’ve been forced. Of course, follow regulations and charge them if you want for having sex with the inmate but I think that’s where it should be stopped. Everything was consensual. I’m really concerned about the child.

If I’m missing something here, let me know cause it seems pretty clear cut to me. But I know some people will have a field day with this.

Edited by psychodj

25 minutes ago, Terrielle said:

Trans people just have the worst headlines ever in the media omg. I've never seen a group with worse publicity. :rip:

I mean, when the media negatively targets a specific group, are you expecting positive headlines?

Wait, consensual sex is illegal in prison? What? :skull:

I don't understand why this is a headline (although I know why it will be one that is widely circulated and shared in certain circles).

The only thing that mattered would be if this was non-consensual, which it isn't. I'd be interested to know why there aren't headlines when male guards end up impregnating women in women's correctional facilities (something that cannot be consented to, even if both parties "consent" or for favours, as is common; and yes even consensual sex between inmates is deemed illegal but is far less problematic than the guards with inmates).

The "but PENIS? Woman?" takes conservatives are going to peddle for weeks, months as a result...tiring.:skull: I'm curious to see if they pretend that people in these facilities don't even have sex (or the horrific problem of rape in every correctional facility) to then frame this as a ~unique evil caused by transwomen, and then trans people as a whole.

Edit: I guess this headline is still less conservative outrage bait than "woman impregnates woman inmate", so let me be grateful :skull:

Edited by Phantom

:mazen: 

Oh well, I’ll leave my actual thoughts on twitter. I wish that kid all the best.

1 hour ago, MrLovett said:

I mean, when the media negatively targets a specific group, are you expecting positive headlines?

Well, when the face of the movement is Caitlyn Jenner then it's hopeless lol

I mean it was consensual, people have always banged in prison. I think that should be clarified in headlines (obv Fox News and others would never but it’s good the NJ one did that). If it wasn’t we’d be having a completely different conversation.

But yeah I don’t know, it’s probably not the best idea to have a child while in the carceral system but then again it’s those women’s bodily autonomy so :michael:

Edited by Beyonnaise

:gaycat6: :huh:

all the best as they carry the cute babies to term.

I can add that there is need for contraceptives in prison. 

2 hours ago, Phantom said:

I don't understand why this is a headline (although I know why it will be one that is widely circulated and shared in certain circles).

The only thing that mattered would be if this was non-consensual, which it isn't. I'd be interested to know why there aren't headlines when male guards end up impregnating women in women's correctional facilities (something that cannot be consented to, even if both parties "consent" or for favours, as is common; and yes even consensual sex between inmates is deemed illegal but is far less problematic than the guards with inmates).

The "but PENIS? Woman?" takes conservatives are going to peddle for weeks, months as a result...tiring.:skull: I'm curious to see if they pretend that people in these facilities don't even have sex (or the horrific problem of rape in every correctional facility) to then frame this as a ~unique evil caused by transwomen, and then trans people as a whole.

Edit: I guess this headline is still less conservative outrage bait than "woman impregnates woman inmate", so let me be grateful :skull:

oh its already reached the conservative GP. my mothers brought it up. :rip: conservative media love a good outrage headline

Edited by Pikachoo

2 hours ago, Bloodflowers. said:

Wait, consensual sex is illegal in prison? What? :skull:

Yes

I mean when you become a prisoner you pretty much have no rights etc.

Edited by Insanity

Sex is illegal in US prisons? Maybe they should do something about the rape that goes on in there before going after consensual relationships :gaycat6:

3 hours ago, CaptainMusic said:

I get that but my point is that cis females have consensual sexual contact in prison all the time, so these women getting pregnant after having consensual sex with a trans woman is not a big deal to me.

Sorry but I think that the fact that we now have an innocent baby that was born with 2 parents in jail and will have to live with the consequences of that for the rest of his/her life is a big problem for me.

What are the chances of him growing up to be a good citizen? As if life is not hard enough without growing up with 2 parents behind bars.

22 minutes ago, Tinashegrande6 said:

Sex is illegal in US prisons? Maybe they should do something about the rape that goes on in there before going after consensual relationships :gaycat6:

This is not the 80s/90s anymore. :rip:

The overwhelming majority of sex in prison is consensual. Rape is no more common in than out of prison.

Most guys have prison wives/gf with "sissies" (The Official Term In Jail - Don't WP me)who are more feminine & willing and thus more appealing to them in exchange of protection or commissary or just to have someone to spend time with when in jail.

If you ever get raped in prison, it means that you disrespected the wrong person and they really try to ruin your rep & scar you for life. But it's really more of an atomic weapon. It ain't something  common anymore.

Edited by frenchyisback

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.