Complex has had enough - Doja Cat is a Rapper. Stop saying otherwise

dabunique

7 minutes ago, BGXKB said:

Ok sis we can start another thread about Doja’s XXL cover or her Rap Grammys or whatever the old heads have to say about a girl under 30 or on mumble rap, okay, but Complex is just not reputable.

:intoit:

Apparently it’s still at least relevant, given you stayed posted up in this thread discussing it.  :coffee2:

:ahh:

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• professor2000

• BGXKB

• dabunique

• iaintiffin

On 4/14/2022 at 9:14 AM, aesthetic bih said:

Wait, people thought otherwise?? :deadbanana2:

The gorlz have been arguing over if Doja can be considered a rapper for a while now. It's dumb at this point.

On 4/14/2022 at 8:28 PM, professor2000 said:

Because she’s versatile and actually good at doing multiple genres.  :michael:  Outside of Missy Elliot, Lauryn Hill, Queen Latifah and maybe Baby Tate there are very few female rappers that actually can sing (let alone sing and dance).  

You don’t get boxed in, if you have the talent to avoid getting boxed in…that’s the way I see it.  :laugh:

I can't believe these girls are blaming and discrediting a multi talented Rapper, just because she has the talent, the range, the skill and etc to cross over. It's not her fault that Queen Doja has the APPEAL and has the "IT" factor" to cross over & her music be enjoyed by the masses. Like really?? No one complains or says anything when these white female "rap/pop" stars cross over & appeal to more than just one genre. Oh but geez, let it be a POC & they have to box them in, debate what kind of artist they are & etc. 

On 4/14/2022 at 9:58 PM, BGXKB said:

Girl you just mentioned another one AB has almost NEVER been acknowledged for her singing when her range literally blows Doja’s away. Doja serves whispery vocals, gets called a singer, okay, Azealia Banks serves OPERA, gets called a rapper, okay. 

I remember when Doja came out, everyone was comparing her and Slayyyter to Britney. Now only Slayyyter gets compared to B while Doja is… a rapper now? Okay sis.

No way can AB sing better than Doja. Doja has a better tone and control over her voice. AB CAN sing tho. and she's definitely one of the female rappers that can sing better for sure tho. I wont deny that. She's definitely a better singer than Nicki and etc. I swear there was a moment in time where Nicki was a decent singer. Idk if her vocals were just being produced better or what, but all of a sudden her singing just took a huge nose dive. During The Pinkprint era she could sing pretty decently. After maybe 2017 or so, she completely lost whatever capability in singing she had. Idk if it was the Neck stomping that Remy Ma gave her or what. but she stopped being able to somewhat carry a note.

7 minutes ago, KingJay said:

No way can AB sing better than Doja. Doja has a better tone and control over her voice. AB CAN sing tho. and she's definitely one of the female rappers that can sing better for sure tho. I wont deny that. She's definitely a better singer than Nicki and etc. I swear there was a moment in time where Nicki was a decent singer. Idk if her vocals were just being produced better or what, but all of a sudden her singing just took a huge nose dive. During The Pinkprint era she could sing pretty decently. After maybe 2017 or so, she completely lost whatever capability in singing she had. Idk if it was the Neck stomping that Remy Ma gave her or what. but she stopped being able to somewhat carry a note.

Azealia Banks’s voice is beyond. She was right to compare herself to MJB so early in her career. Azealia’s “control” is her specific technique that makes her voice so unique. You always know it’s AB when you hear her song. Her voice has that kind of DNA. 

Doja, OTOH, is another whisperer, although she is much louder and more pronounced than most others, she  rarely ever reaches for anything over a light croon. 

Snatch me.

:jonny6:

14 hours ago, professor2000 said:

Apparently it’s still at least relevant, given you stayed posted up in this thread discussing it.  :coffee2:

9 hours ago, BGXKB said:

Azealia Banks’s voice is beyond. She was right to compare herself to MJB so early in her career. Azealia’s “control” is her specific technique that makes her voice so unique. You always know it’s AB when you hear her song. Her voice has that kind of DNA. 

Doja, OTOH, is another whisperer, although she is much louder and more pronounced than most others, she  rarely ever reaches for anything over a light croon. 

Snatch me.

:jonny6:

Meh.  Azealia had a stronger voice, but it always sounded muffled or something.  She could’ve been better with training, imo.  

But yeah…stronger vocalist than Doja, but not “better” imo.  

But overall, Azealia had more potential than Doja (rapping and singing).  Too bad she wasted it.  

9 hours ago, BGXKB said:

And yet here you are still discussing it.  

5 hours ago, iaintiffin said:

Complex? :lmao:

XXL? Grammy nods in the Rap category?   It’s not just Complex.

But it’s OK, full on Hip-hop Doja Cat coming shortly apparently.  

:jonny5: :ahh:

I'm ready for full on Hip Hop Doja, i need to hear her SPIT! 

guess some people cant comprehend how you can be well rounded musician. song writer, producer, performer, rapper, singer, doja cat is a beast

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.